Friday, September 15, 2023

Time for a New Beautiful Blossoms Challenge!

 Hello and Happy FriYay!
It's the 15th and that means a new monthly challenge at Beautiful Blossoms Challenge!
Here's our optional inspiration board. It's not required that you use it, but you must feature flowers/floral as the focus of your project. 
And here is my design team inspiration project. After looking at the inspiration board, I decided to go with the poppies and the colors red and navy blue with some bright white contrast. I pulled a sheet of SU navy card stock and made the base from it, using the leftover strips for the sentiment and little squares on each side of it.
I chose to make a slimline card and found this Splitcoaststampers sketch, following it pretty faithfully.
Since I was making a slimline, I pulled out my LDRS Slimline die cut set to use. I cut the white bottom mat, the next layer of Prima patterned paper and the navy and white squares. I used an old Sweet n Sassy stamp set for the poppies, which I stamped with VFClair Morning Mist grey ink and clear heat-embossed, then colored with Promarkers. There is also a small individual poppy in the set, so I stamped and colored 2 of those in the same way to layer onto the squares in the bottom corners. I cut the focal with a Spellbinders circle die and then ran a Promarker around the edge with the chisel point. (I only have a few sheets of the navy left and didn't want to cut into one of them for the circle mat, so I colored a faux mat. I also colored little red flowers on the patterned paper to accent the red of the poppies and used a gold glitter marker to dot the poppy centers and the little flowers in the paper. The Avery Elle sentiment was stamped in Versamark and white heat-embossed.
Inside are stamped Avery Elle sentiment on a sheet of white card.
The back has another sheet of the die cut Prima as I used on front, along with my usual stamped and punched siggie. You may notice, no red flowers like on front. I didn't color them on the back.
😏
Close-up of the focal poppies.
Last look.
I was going for a masculine vintage floral look, I hope I pulled it off!
And, I hope you find time to play in our challenge!
Have a great day and
Thanks for visiting.
XXO



CHALLENGE LINK-UPS:
Diagonal Right to Left Down: Floral / Add Dimension or Texture / Vintage
 
Slimline
Blooms

26 comments:

valscraftings said...

Thank you for joining in our challenge this month with your wonderful project!
DT – Val, Nan, Leigh, Cat, IIonka
https://creativeinspirationchallenges.blogspot.com

dj said...

Boy, did we give you a real challenge this time around...poppies and masculine!! It was a tough one but you nail it with this slim line card!! Thanks for playing along with us over at Cardz 4 Guyz with our Poppies/Remembrance challenge. -Deb Horst, DT #C4G330

My name is Erika. said...

Those poppies are beautiful. The colors and your card feel almost like a quilt; perhaps it's the background paper? (Which is pretty.) There's something about red with dark blue and also with grey blue that works so well. I can't believe it is already officially the middle of September. I hope you have a great weekend and maybe some cooler temperatures. The weather on TV has been focused on Lee and so I haven't seen what's going on weather wise around the country. hugs-Erika

ScrappyHorses said...

Such a wonderful birthday card with the gorgeous flowers! Beautiful way to use the Tic Tac Toe Board at our challenge! So happy you shared with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

Donna Walls said...

Lovely slimline card Aimes, and I think you did a fantastic job at a floral masculine card. Thanks for another wonderful team project for the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge.
Donna xx

Diane said...

Your bright red poppies are gorgeous, I actually have red poppies in my garden, I think I had to order them from North Carolina years ago!! A beautifully created floral card!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Triple B!
Diane TB Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Triple B}
{Simply Clean & Simple} NEW

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous card, Aimeslee, and I always love how nicely you finish everything, complete with insides and backsides!Have a great day, hugs, Valerie
And it's sunny and cool here, great!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A really lovely card Aimes, love the poppies and the stamp edge to your paper, a beautiful design all around your card.
Faith x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous slimline with the poppies, Aimeslee! Perfect with that patterned paper too!! Thanks for sharing at Die Cut Divas!!

Linda Mc Enery said...

This is so elegant, and definitely has a vintage feel, with the pretty floral background. Thanks for sharing it with us at Passion for Markers!
Linda

Lisa said...

Wonderful paper to go with this terrific poppies image.

Lia said...

Your poppy card is amazing. I like the design of the slimline card.
Lia DT TSOC

Deanne Saunders said...

Gorgeous card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our LIL PATCH OF CRAFTY FRIENDS challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Julie B said...

The sketch really works with this image, great choice. Thanks for joining us at HLS Birthday and Cardz4Guyz. :)

Scrapping4funChallenges said...

Beautiful card! I love the poppies and the lovely vintage background.
Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges.
Hugs Rachelle
https://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com
https://rachellescreations.blogspot.com

Bonnie Lynn said...

Gorgeous card my friend. I love those poppies. Saved the mood board so hopefully I can get something done for the challenge.

The Crafty Den said...

A really beautiful card Aimeslee. The poppies are gorgeous and your colouring is perfect. I love your pretty paper and layout. Thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

Sue Jackson said...

Beautiful card! I love the layout, colors, and the use of the poppies. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz! I hope to see you in the gallery again soon. Sue - DT

Darlene said...

Such a beautiful slimline creation! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters & Triple B challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Owner
Sisterhood of Crafters
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

Arlene said...

Marvelous card! So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our "Anything Goes" challenge.

Elizabeth Hart said...

A fabulous card and the poppies are a fabulous and colorful addition. Thanks so very much for joining us this time at CReative Fingers challenge

Wendy Jackson said...

Such a pretty card and lovely colouring …. Love the poppies

Thanks so much for joining us on the Passion for Markers challenge….

Love and crafty hugs from

Wendy (DT)

foleysfriend said...

What an amazing card. The patterned paper is so perfect as the background for your poppies. Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas.

​​​​​​​sue n.

foleysfriend said...

Thanks also for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Anything Goes with Dies Challenge.

sue n.

BożenA said...

A really well designed birthday card. Thank you for joining our Happy Little Stampers Birthday challenge. I hope you will play with us again.
BożenA DT HLS Birthday

lichazul said...

Pretty card, congrats 💐 happy day