Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Happy Birthday Bonnie Lynn!

 Hello all. Hope life is being good to you.
We got a little over 3 inches of rain last evening!
I'm still loaded down with all my same symptoms into the second week, but woke up determined to just slug through. A lift to my spirits was long overdue.
I pray it outlasts this Fibromyalgia flare.

Today is my friend Bonnie Lynn's birthday so I wanted to wish her well and share the card I made her for the big day. 

 
I chose this Cheerful Sketch Challenge sketch for my layout design.
I used a pre-coloured digi image from The Paper Shelter called Comfy at Home, which I printed out and fussy cut.
I love all the Autumn vibes in the image, so cozy.

For Bonnie's card, I chose a white square base and Kaisercraft's Bubblegum Hills paper collection. It comes with a few pages of matching tags, embellies and borders, and I used a small butterfly tab embellie to top the sentiment mat, along with 3 hearts cut from the pink paper and a Spellbinders die. All of the papers are from this collection and were ink-edge distressed with some brown chalk ink for a cozy, vintage-y feel. I added two die cut Spellbinders butterflies I found in my bits and bobs stash. The paper patterns had a heart and butterflies thing going on, so I included both as accent elements. The sentiment was stamped with Pinecone VF Clair ink that matched the chalk ink well and is a mash-up of Gerda Steiner, October Afternoon and Inkadinkado stamps.

Inside of the card, the MFT and Stamp Magick sentiments were stamped with Purple Passion VF Clair ink and I added a Kaisercraft border embellie from the paper pack to the bottom.

The colors did not photograph true here but it's the only shot I have of the back of the card. More of the Kaisercraft collection papers. I also used a few of the tags/embellies/borders that came with the paper pack and I stamped an Impression Obsession siggie with Charming Pink Versafine Clair ink.

Final view at an angle to show the base mat of shiny embossed Kaisercraft paper and the foiling on the dotted paper behind the focal image.

Thanks for the visit!
Happy Birthday, hope your day is Tres Bonnie!!
Wishing you a cozy, comfy Autumn birthday!
😊
XOX

CHALLENGE LINK-UPS:
I used Pink and Sparkles
I love all of the harvest colors, because of the leaves turning colors almost all the colors are harvest colors, just like the patchwork blanket the girl is snuggling under on my card front.
Either left column down or left to right diagonal down
(Either Feminine/Add Trim/Vintage or 
Feminine/Add Dimension or Texture/Use Die Cuts or Punches)
 

29 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous card! Hope you soon feel better! Hugs, Valerie
Short comment - too much to do today!

My name is Erika. said...

That's a fun birthday card Aimeslee. I hope Bonnie LYnn likes it. And that girl on it does look so cozy! I hope your flare disappears fast. I got vaccinated on Sunday and now I'm having hives flare- I knew it was going to happen too. Now if only I could get the itch to stop. Hugs-Erika

Pamela said...

A very pretty birthday card. Bonnie-Lynn sometimes joins in with out challenge too! Hope you soon start to feel better - hugs.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

ScrappyHorses said...

Such a fun and colorful card full of celebration! Wonderful image and the papers carry the party throughout! Thanks for sharing with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

Bonnie Lynn said...

Aimeslee, I love this card so much!! Definitely a lift to my spirits yesterday. I hope your fibro flare eases soon. This summer and early fall has really affected both of us. Thank you so much my friend for the birthday card.

Anita said...

Hope you feel better soon, Aimeslee! Love the vintage look of your card--the papers you chose are just perfect! I also think the back of the card looks just as good as the front; I bet you can swap the front and back papers for a different card / different layout, and that'll be just as enjoyable! :-) Take care.

Liz said...

A lovely bright and cheerful birthday card. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Calendar Challenge this month. Hope you feel better soon.
Liz xx

Becca Sadler, owner and manager of HQCB and FQCB said...

Wonderful! This new autumn season might be our first in a very long time for comfy cozy sweater and hoodies wearing time! For many past years, summer and winter have tended to almost merge together without a nice transition. When I saw this, I sighed. The image gal does look cozy! Thanks for including Heart's Quest in your link-ups! --Becca

Lori Podolsky said...

Love your cute card, Aimeslee. Thank you for sharing it with us on The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog. Lori - DT

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You make the most amazing birthday cards, Aimeslee. Your attention to detail is impeccable. I am in awe.

I read the comment you left about PSE and Windows updates. I have a very OLD original copy of Photoshop. I had to buy it when I had a client who used it exclusively. It's old, but still has most of the functions of the newer ones that require updates. I also do NOT use Windows. One thing I required when my friend built my new computer was NO WINDOWS. I use Linux. The updates are quick and easy, too. I feel for you and the fact you may have to upgrade your hardware because of horrible software.

valscraftings said...

Thank you for joining us at Paper Dragonfly Creative Challenge! Val DT
https://paperdragonflycreativechallenges.blogspot.com/

valscraftings said...

Thank you for joining in our challenge this month with your wonderful project! DT Val x
https://crazyforcatschallenges.blogspot.com/

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! SOoooo cozy and beautiful Aimes, she will love it, as we do, with its all around colour and design. I hope you're feeling better and continue to feel it. As for 3inches of rain? WOW! That ended the drought, to be sure.
Faith x

Jocelyn said...

A perfect card for going into autumn and I love the vintage feel you have added to it. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT

Margreet said...

Gorgeous birthday card.
Thanks for playing with Cheerful Sketches.
xxx Margreet

Cardsbymaaike said...

aww sio si cweet, great card. Thank you for playing at the AAA Birthday Card Challenges. We hope to see you again in October.

Card Creator said...

Aimeslee, you never disappoint. This is so adorable and I know your friend will absolutely love it. Thank you so much for joining us at My Time to Craft and I cannot wait to see more of your beautiful work

~Tamara (DT)

Jackie C said...

What a great project!
We do love to see all the entries at Classic.
Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge so
We really appreciate you joining in.

Jackie DT

Carol said...

A super card Aimeslee - as always. I used to be able to sit in an armchair like that!!.
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

Elaine Stark said...

A beautiful colourful card. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

craftytrog said...

A gorgeous card for Bonnie Lynn!
Hope you're soon feeling better Aimeslee.
Hugs,
Alison

Helen said...

Great image and card.

Thanks for joining us at the Pearly Sparkles Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Lisa said...

Wonderful The Paper Shelter image and great use of the sketch. Love the colors too.

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful card, I love the image, and lovely colouring
from one suffer of fibromalgia top another, I have been having flare ups over the last month, I dont know if its the weather causing it.
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT

Francesca said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at A Place To Start!

Ellibelle said...

A super sweet image, who wouldn't love to be surrounded by these cute furballs of fun! Such a wonderful card you created with it!
Thank you so much for joining in again at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

FinArt said...

Lovely card!Great colors and image. Thank you for playing with us at vesela hiška. Hope to see you again. Janja DT

Deekshita Jaideep said...

Lovely Card !! Thank you for playing at the AAA Birthday Card Challenges - Deekshita (Papiershades)

Катерина Pioniya said...

What a cosy card! So cute! Thank you for joining us at AAA Birthday Card Challenge - Pioniya, DT