Saturday, September 9, 2023

Celebrate The Season

 Greetings, hope everyone's had a good week and looking forward to the weekend.
I've been playing with the 3D decoupage kits again, this time Craft Consortium's It's Snome Time collection. There are several different scenes to choose from, but since every time I look at this little girl with the pigtails that stick out, I think of Pippi Longstocking. So I chose her. Alphabet Challenge's new theme is L is for Literature, so Pippi Longstocking is my book inspiration! (I even colored her blonde pigtails red with a colored pencil.) 
And Bonus: this has Presents, was Quick to make and has a Robin. So, ABC Christmas' current challenge is covered as well.
 
I also chose this current sketch at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 so I could showcase my little scene and let it take center stage. It really was a quick make, since I have the matching paper collection.
I used a white card stock card base and Wausau Rocket Red paper to mat and die cut the MFT photo corners, to which I added enamel dots. The Papertrey Ink sentiment was stamped in Memento Rhubarb Stalk ink.
Inside the card, I went with some Sweet n Sassy stamped sentiments. Since "Pippi" looks like she's peeking out from behind her stack of presents, I thought this sentiment worked well.
And the back with more of the papers and my stamped/punched siggie.
This 3D decoupage is 4 layers. Here's a close-up, trying to show it. And such an adorable robin!
And final view. I just love Helz Cuppleditch illustrations!
Thanks for visiting and have a nice night!
XOX

CHALLENGE LINK-UPS:
My inspiration book is Pippi Longstocking. as I explain in post.
Robin and Hearts on the presents

15 comments:

cheiro urgia said...

What a wonderful winter/Christmas card. I love the combination of red and white, and the amount of polka dots on your card is amazing. I like the main motif, and how you adjusted it to fit the book inspiration. It's such a happy image with so many details that contribute to the festive atmosphere. I also like how you embellished the inside and the back of your card. Thanks for joining the Alphabet challenge.

Hugs, Veronika

valscraftings said...

Thank you for joining in at The Most Magical Time of the Year with your wonderful project! DT - Val
https://mostmagicaltimeoftheyear.blogspot.com

Darlene said...

OMG what a cute scene and LOVE all the festive color! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

Valerie-Jael said...

Another gorgeous card, Aimeslee, love it. And I love dogs and spots. Hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

That's a really cute card Aimeslee. I like Santa sitting on those fun mushrooms. I've never seen mushrooms in real life that are so cutely red and white spotted, but they are always so perfect in art. I hope you're enjoying your weekend. hugs-Erika

Becca Sadler, owner and manager of HQCB and FQCB said...

This is darling and so delightfully festive!!! Thanks for creating a Christmas spin on the wildlife plus heart or love theme at Heart's Quest!! --Becca

Mummylade said...

Thank you so much for joining us at ABC Christmas challenge

Melanie Hungerford said...

Your card is so fun and really cute, and brought back some memories for me! Believe it or not, I used to read and loved Pippi Longstocking books. I remember there was even some movies made that I watched with my own kids. Great card, thanks for playing along with us at the Alphabet Challenge.

Lynda said...

What a cheery and fun Christmas card - love the colours and layering. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

Alyson Mayo said...

I had to look hard for those pigtails - they are almost covered by the presents! Love the dimension you created. Thanks for sharing with us at HLS Christmas :)

Deanne Saunders said...

Sweet card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR ROUND challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

FinArt said...

These is sooo sweet. I love the books of Pippi Longstocking. Great inspiration. Thank you for playing with us at Vesela hiška. Hope to see you again Janja DT

Doris Klein said...

Aaaaawwww how cute! Love it... I like the corner. It's very nice! And cute gnome.... Fab work!!

Thanks for playing along with our Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and good luck!

Hugs and please come back soon!
Doris
Kleido’s BastelStüble
*Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
*Owner*Critter Crazy Challenges
*DT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2

Kathie said...

Hi Aimeslee, I do love your card it's so darn sweet and then you reminded me of Pippi Longstocking, wow that did bring back so many memories, as I watched that programme on TV when I was young. Love your colours and details. Great card and thanks so much for sharing it with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and good luck.

Hugs
Kathie SSW2~DT

Majda said...

Love your design! It’s so festive and sparkly, you created a beautiful Christmas card.
Thank you so much for joining our Vesela hiška Challenge/Happy House Challenge.
Hugs, Majda