Sunday, September 17, 2023

Autumn Meadow Magic

 Happy Sunday, hope all is well.
The deadline for Tag Tuesday (Animals theme) is tonight. I could only muster up the energy to do one this time. I'm in the middle of an arthritis flare and I'm just dragging, feel burned out on art but I employed mind over matter and finally finished this.
In addition to Animals, I also wanted to hit Fantasy and In the Meadow themes. That meant Lavinia and inks, lol. All the stamps I used are Lavinia, except for the Crafters Companion hanging vines. 
For the tag base I cut some heavyweight white card stock with a Spellbinders Labels 17 die. I sponged on Distress Ink Spun Sugar and Victorian Velvet for the sky and DI Tea Dye for the Autumnal meadow floor. I stamped the stone path with VF Clair Morning Mist, the 3 tall trees in the distance with VF Clair Acorn. The tree hedge, the hare, the fairy buttercups in the foreground, the fairies and orb and the hanging vines were all stamped with Nocturne VF Clair. 
I next went to town with glitter markers and gel pens. I used a couple of grey Tombow watercolor markers on the path and a brown one on the outlines around it. Finally, I smoodged some white colored pencil on the tops of each path stone and ink-distressed the tag perimeter edge with some Purple Hydrangea VersaMagic chalk ink. At that point, I threw caution to the wind and handwrote "Autumn Meadow Magic" with my Carbon Fountain Pen and even signed my initials at the bottom! 
😎
I stuck to a simple layout with no masking and the black ink in front of lighter colors. 
I'm always soooo intimidated by this style of art and greatly relieved when I get done with no major mistakes. 
🙏😌🙏
Close-up of the fairies and their magic orb.
Angled view to show you all the glitter & shine.
Happy week ahead to you.
Thanks for visiting.
XOX

CHALLENGE LINK-UPS:
Like the saying goes, Autumn is my favorite color. All the leaves, the ground, even the sky, especially when the air is cool and crisp.
I used the leaves and the colors pink, yellow, orange, grey, black
Media: Paper, Watercolor makers, inks, colored pencil, glitter
Lots of glitter marker and pen dots

23 comments:

Sharon Caudle said...

Beautiful card, Aimeslee!! Gorgeous colors! Thanks so much for joining our challenge at Art Impressions!

My name is Erika. said...

Your mind did win over matter. This tag came out great. Those Lavinia stamps are really fun, aren't they? I just have a couple of images so doing a whole piece wouldn't work, but I always like seeing what people make with those stamps. Yours included. And thanks for linking up to TIOT as this perfect for our fantasy challenge too. Hope the flair doesn't last long and that you have a great new week. I always find flairs (as I get them with my chronic hives) so frustrating. Not only because hives get so itchy, but for me at least, there is never anything that predicts they are coming. hugs-Erika

Bonnie Lynn said...

Wow!! Your mind over matter beats me hands down!!! I'm in love with your tag. Those hanging vines are so awesome!!! I sure hope your arthritis flare eases soon.

Becca S said...

First of all: hope by the time you read this, you're feeling better! Secondly: for TFATU thanks for linking your fairies included tag! And for FQGS, thanks for linking this woodland glade/meadow scene that makes you wonder if there are magical things going on! --Becca

Marlena M. said...

Stunning work, I'm so glad you pushed through! Lovely details too. Thank you for joining us at INk~

Alyson Mayo said...

As soon as I saw this, I knew it was Lavinia products - love the image and that backgound is fabulous!

pinky said...

Oh wow you aced it. This tag is so gorgeous Aimeslee. Thanks so much for taking time to join in my theme at Tag Tuesday.
Hugs
Pinky

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous tag, Aimeslee, and much appreciated that you made it in spite of your flare up, thank you! Love the magical atmosphere it conjours up! hAve a good week, take care, hugs, Valerie

Johanna said...

Beautiful card and I can empathize with the arthritis flare up.

Chrissy said...

Beautiful autumn scene and gorgeous card.. Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge this fortnight at As You Like It..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sue Jackson said...

Great card! Isn't it always the way - when you want to show off your glitter and shine, the camera doesn't pick it up. I hope you are feeling better! Thanks so much for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz. I hope to see you in the gallery again soon! Sue - DT

Anita said...

Hope you feel better soon, Aimeslee! Take care of yourself. Sometimes, not forcing art is not a bad thing for a burnout! :-)

You're always amazing for coming up with cards / art that combine multiple themes and ideas, and this time's no exception. Not sure why you were intimidated, because this is just wonderful. :-) I also love that you make such good use of shine and glitter--the only times I'm reminded of them is when I'd like to hand-write poems on the insides of my greeting cards, haha...

Mrs.B said...

A great card Aimslee, love the magical scene you've created, Lavinia stamps are just perfect for this type of card.
Hope you're feeling better now.
Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday. Avril x

craftytrog said...

Hello dear Aimeslee! I really hope that arthritis flare up goes away soon and you feel much better.
Your Autumn tag is stunning, I love it!
Autumn is definitely in the air here in the UK, lots of wind and rain lately.
Take care of yourself.
Alison x

Lisa said...

Really cute scene and colors for it too.

Marina said...

Magical card and lovely use of the colours. Thanks for joining in at Inkspirational.

Carol said...

I just came to have a peek at what you did recently and found this. I love it.
Carol xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I came to make sure I had read your post, and seems you are being a prolific maker and I haven't caught up. Hopefully I will now. Your card is magical and so beautiful. I love the added sparkle.
Faith x

Ilonka said...

Such a pretty card, thanks for sharing it with us at The Fairy and The Unicorn Challenge Blog.
Big hugs Ilonka DT

Chana Malkah said...

Beautiful creation! Thanks so much for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner

Andree said...

A fabulous tag. The wonderfully soft background works so well for the lovely silhouette fairies. You created a gorgeous scene with the other stamps and colours.
Thank you for joining in with our September challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Good luck x

Ellibelle said...

A truly beautiful and magical scene you created with lots of wonderful colors!
Thank you so much for joining in again at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Anonymous said...

What a great tag! I love all the fall colors with purple. Thanks so much for joining our Challenge over at the Crafty Gals Corner Blog. -DT Chris