Saturday, July 1, 2023

Time for a New MLCCB Challenge!

 Happy July to everyone.
Half the year has whizzed by already.
July is a great time to make some Christmas cards because it will be time to mail them out before you know it!
That's why they call it Christmas in July!
Let me help inspire you with my DT make for the new challenge at Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog.
I've used Jan's Digital stamp set "Believe" for my focal image. (She's having her annual Christmas in July sale too!) 
 
I used this Splitcoaststampers sketch for my layout design.
I cut the printed black and white image out using a Spellbinders Art Deco Astoria Label die and colored it with Promarkers and colored pencils using Technique Junkies' Pencil Over Marker technique I learned years ago. I stippled Tumbled Glass Distress Ink around it for the background and edged the die cut with a gold Posca Paint Pen. The word Believe, the bells, buckles and berries were all accent-colored using glitter markers and gel pens. I used old patterned papers from my Christmas stash and a Fiskars decorative corner punch on all corners. I thought it looked similar to the focal die.
Inside, a stamped mashup of HOTP and Hero Arts sentiments.
And on back, more the papers from the front and a siggie.
Close up #1
Close up #2
And Close up #3 of the detailing done with the glitter markers and gel pens.
And one last look.
👀
Alright, you know you wanna make a holiday card!
If you do, link it up at MLCCB!
What if I told you it makes you feel a lil cooler in this heat? 
😁
Well, mind over matter is a powerful thing, y'all!
😎
Thanks for the visit and have a lovely start to the month!
XXO

LINKING UP TO:
Splitcoaststampers Christmas Card Challenges:
Seven Letters in Believe sentiment

26 comments:

Lisa said...

Super image, great coloring and terrific background too.

Valerie-Jael said...

This is a gorgeous card, Aimeslee, love the colours and the sparkle. Have wonderful July! Hugs, Valerie

Sylvia kaarten en zo. said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge. Greetings Sylvia DT.

SmilynStef said...

Love that pretty holiday sled ... so glad you shared your Stripes with us at Jingle Belles.

The Crafty Den said...

What a pretty card Aimeslee. The image is beautiful and your colouring is perfect. I really like the layout and papers you've used. Thanks for joining us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

Jan Mahew said...

Handsome Composition and festive gate fold, Aimeslee! Thank you for showcasing "Believe" on your marvelous card and sharing it with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. Good Luck! Looking forward to seeing you each month for a NEW challenge.
Hugs,
Jan
(Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A gorgeous card
Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge good luck Ginny DT
Penny's Challenge

Jocelyn said...

It's never too early to start making Christmas cards and this one is lovely. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely christmas card, I like the image with the boots, something different from the usual
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT

Makira said...

❤️🎄💚 this! "This card is truly beautiful! The sled and boots on it brought back memories of my childhood sledding experiences in snowy Wisconsin. Thank you for reminding me of such a cherished moment. Your support towards our challenge, Park Hopping My Happy Place, is much appreciated. I hope you have a peaceful Sunday! Best regards, Makira."

Melanie Hungerford said...

Lovely card, great coloring technique, the close up really shows off how nice the sparkle and shading look. Thanks for playing along at Sparkles Christmas Challenge!

Alyson Mayo said...

Love those boots beside the sled - super cute Christmas card :)

Pamela said...

A great design for a Christmas card.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Heather said...

Great work with the glitter markers - just the right touches of gold! Love this festive sled so much! Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles!

Debbie said...

So cute! I love your sled!!
Thanks for playing along this month at Sparkles Christmas Challenge
Debbie - SCC DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Megan J said...

Hi Aimeslee, a wonderful wintry Christmas card for your stash, it is not cold enough here in Aus to use the sled just now... Love the stripes behind the image panel. Thank you for sharing with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, good luck in the prize draw.... Megan DT LPoCF

Marlene Atkinson said...

A gorgeous Christmas card, good Luck in the draw. Thank you for sharing with us at Passion for Markers. Marlene DT

My name is Erika. said...

Good for you the way you get all your holiday cards started so early. I am impressed. This is a great image, and so is your paper layering. I hope your weather has gotten cooler, but I'm guessing it hasn't. So I'll say stay cool. hugs-Erika

Carol said...

Great card Aimeslee. It is a bit difficult to imagine tobogganing in these temperatures but I am working at it. I have started on my Christmas cards as well.
Hugs
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

Sarah said...

So much to love about this card, great sketch, fab image, Super duper sentiment and, of course, GORGEOUS patterned papers!! Thank you so much for sharing at AYLI this week!! Sarah DT

Bonnie Lynn said...

Gorgeous card Aimeslee!! Great job mashing up the sentiments for the inside too. Hope you're staying safe and out of the hot weather too.

Deanne Saunders said...

Beautiful card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR ROUND challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I've caught up all of July, sorry you've not been in my Reading List Aimes. Love this card, a beautiful image and great sentiments too. Love it.
Faith x

lauren bergold said...

Such a striking and festive card with lots of lovely layers! So happy you could join our Jingle Belles Stars & Stripes fun as we team up with the Double Trouble Challenge!

Loose Stitches said...

Beautiful creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at Worldwide Crafters and Colorists Challenge.
~ Sherry DT/Admin/Coordinator xx

Barb Finnical said...

Aimeslee, this card is so very adorable! You've done a great job coloring the sled, and I especially love the boots there at the bottom. I can just picture Santa sitting in a chair by the fire with his feet up! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Christmas BINGO Challenges!