Monday, July 3, 2023

Go Wild Birthday

 Hey there, hope all is well with you.
I made this card for one of our daughter's best friends who is also like another daughter to us. Her new obsession is mushrooms, so when I found this Gecko Galz collage sheet image of these cute ones, I decided to use it. And since the challenge theme is Safari Fever, I used animal  print papers and some cute Gerda Steiner stamps/die to suggest a big hunt.
 
I used this sketch for my layout design. And I think it goes well with the rays in the focal image.
Supplies:
Recollections white card stock
Patterned Papers: Kaisercraft Into the Wild and Provocraft Windswept
Gerda Steiner Go Wild Stamps and Die
Altenew Our Family Frame die
Spellbinders Labels 21 die
Focal image from Gecko Galz Aquarius collage sheet
Inside left, I added a TLC Creations freebie I printed out and then on right, Verve stamps for the sentiment on more Provocraft papers.
Here is a close-up of the owl - I thought the advice was cool.
She told me recently that owls are her second fave after mushrooms.
And the back with more Provocraft papers and a siggie.
One last look.
👀
I hope you have a great week and a happy Independence Day tomorrow for those who celebrate it.
Thanks for the visit today.
Stay cool and hydrated!
XOX

CHALLENGE LINKS:
I used an image from GG's Aquarius collage sheet
Used Gerda Steiner, Altenew and Spellbinder dies
Starlight Safari at WDW Animal Kingdom Lodge

20 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

Oh I like the little guy with the binoculars. He's a lot of fun, and I like how you used those colorful mushrooms. Your "daughter" through friendship is a lucky girl to get such a super birthday card. I hope you have a wonderful 4th and week ahead. hugs-Erika

brenda said...

Such a fun colourful card, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts Summertime theme this week.

B x

Carole J said...

This is such a cute card, Amy! I love how you combine different styles and designers into a cohesive project! Your daughter's friend will surely love this - the colourful mushroom background is perfect for the little Safari gal!
Thank you for joining the Gecko Galz challenge this month. x

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous card, Aimeslee, I love that you put the girl's favourites on it. I love seeing mushrooms, but I never eat them! Have a good day, stay well, hugs, Valerie

Anita said...

That's such a colorful, cheerful card, Aimeslee! It's awesome how you've used the recipient's favorite subjects in there.

Dena J said...

Fun and love how you used the papers to color block the design. Thank you so much for sharing at Allsorts this week.

Sarah said...

I just love how we crafters can personalise our cards so perfectly. This one is sure to go down a storm!! A fabulous design and most welcome at Allsorts challenge this week. Sarah DT

Mervi said...

Fabulous card!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Cindy C. said...

Super cute card!! Thanks for linking up to our July challenge gallery at Die Cut Divas.

Alyson Mayo said...

Love the wild mushrooms to go with the wild theme! Thanks for sharing with us at HLS Birthday :)

Bonnie Lynn said...

Beautiful card Aimeslee! Hope you're staying somewhat cool and not dealing with effects from fireworks. I've got a nasty migraine from all of the illegal ones set off around us. Doesn't help the asthma either. :(

Makira said...

💙🍄❤️ This card is so much fun! I really like the contrast between the colorful background and the black and white focal images. Thank you for playing with us at Park Hopping My Happy Place. xoxo Makira

Lisa said...

Super adorable image and great papers to pair with it. The mushrooms are really bold and add to the happy of the card.

Lynda said...

What a fun card. I like how you left the image uncoloured - really stands out against the background. Thank you for joining us at Happy Little Stampers atg birthday challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Such a fun and striking card -
Thanks for sharing over at 613 Avenue Create this month, hope to see you in future challenges.
Elaine DT

KraftiKards (my blog)
613 Avenue Create DT
AAA Birthday DT
Peace on Earth Christmas DT
Simply Clean and Simple DT
Love to Scrap DT
Love to Craft DT
Mix it up DT
Merry Little Christmas DT

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A great fun card Aimes, all so beautifully put together, love it.
Faith x

Arlene said...

How clever you are. The card will mean a lot to her. So glad you joined us for our Birthday challenge at Die Cut Divas.

Pamela Duncan said...

Very cute! Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge we really appreciate you joining in.

Pam, DT



foleysfriend said...

Fabulous card. I love the bright colors of the focal image and your decision to keep the person on safari and the sentiment white. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Birthday Challenge.

sue n.

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

Such a fun birthday card. Mushrooms seem to be very popular lately - I know I have bought a few stamps and stencils. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Birthday Challenge. Barb Housner