Sunday, July 9, 2023

The Frog Prince of Hot-Air Tag

 Hi Ho, artful blogging friends.
Hope your weekend's been nice.
Okay, first of all, you are not going to get the pun unless you are familiar with a very popular American TV show that ran from 1990-1996 starring the actor Will Smith, called The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. 
It made Will a household name. He went on to make the movie Independence Day and the rest is history. Anyway, the title of this tag is a pun on that TV show title. I made this as a creative vent of my constant annoyance at night hearing the frogs croaking incessantly in the summer. They are very loud where we live for some reason! I used scraps of Basic Grey's Color Me Silly papers and a clear stamp of a frog (cannot remember who made) which I stamped with green Versafine Clair ink and clear-heat-embossed, then colored with Promarkers and gold and blue glitter markers before fussy cutting him. I cut 3 Spellbinder star dies and colored those with gold glitter marker. I composed the sentiments in PSE and printed out on some pumpkin orange paper. I ran a blue Promarker's chisel tip around the tag perimeter as a final step.
The back of the tag with more of the BG paper scraps.
One last look, showing the glittery stars and his crown, belly and eyes/nose/mouth.
👀
Honey's always telling me it's just one frog making all that racket, so that makes him the star of the show!
😂😊
Thanks for dropping by.
Have a great day!
XXO

CHALLENGE LINKS:

13 comments:

theras kartenblog said...

Bright and cheerful colours! I love frogs so much. :)
Thanks for playing along with us at Friendship Challenge.
Good luck and best wishes!
Ilse (thera)

Alyson Mayo said...

I love the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and I love your adorable frog! The reference to the TV show is perfect :)

My name is Erika. said...

I am loving these hot colors. You've been using such bright and happy colors lately. And boy does Will Smith look young in the Fresh Prince photo. Yes, he was young then, wasn't he? I like the fun and that frog is super cute. He'd love it here in NH with all our rain as of late. Hope all has been well with you.hugs-Erika

Pat said...

Lovely tasgs in great colours, thanks for sharing at Fab'n'Funky.

Pat xx

Leanne said...

This is so cute, great tag, love the image super fun! Thank you for playing our "Stamp Act" Challenge at Krafty Chicks Challenge. Have a Krafty Day!

Leanne DT Member/KCC
Krafty Chicks Challenge

Bonnie Lynn said...

I love it!! I was never much into Fresh Prince but I love your take on the title. LOL Awesome tag and I love that froggy background paper you used too. Stay cool.

pinky said...

Oh I remember that show so well and what a great pun lol. I love your tag. The colours match with him perfectly! Thanks for joining us at Tag Tuesday!!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Yep! We had the show over here Aimes, never watched it though. Love your tag with the hot colours and funny pun.
Faith x

Lisa said...

Fun tag! Love the pun, love the image, love the paper.

Gale said...

Super cute tag Aimeslee! Love the bright colors. Thank you for sharing with us over here at the Critter Crazy Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Love to see you join in each month. Thank you.
Gale DT for
https://2craftycrittercrazies.blogspot.com/

Melissa Craig said...

Super fun projects!

Thank you for getting colorful with us at Birthstone Challenges!
~Melissa, DT Member

Em Louise Fairley said...

Aimeslee, these are adorable. Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create. I hope we see you on the front porch again soon!

Hugs, Em
613 Avenue Create DT
Creative Em my blog
Creative Em on YouTube my Youtube channel

valscraftings said...

Thank you for joining us at Paper Dragonfly Creative Challenge! Val DT
https://paperdragonflycreativechallenges.blogspot.com/