Sunday, June 11, 2023

Big Band Singer Birthday

 Hey y'all!
It's officially Hot Summer now in my world.
So nice to stay indoors and work on the card stash.
Here's one to share now. I also have another one ready and will share that in a separate post later on.
This is a birthday card for a very nice long time neighbor man of ours whom Honey has gotten to know better over the last few years. He's a retired high school band director and his favorite music is big band music from the 1930s and 1940s. So, when I saw this On Air digi at The Paper Shelter, I scooped it up because I thought he's like it. So, because it's a guy card, I used a lot of red to accent the pre-colored scene.
I began with a white 6x6 card base and layered on Pebbles patterned papers. Before printing the digi, I added the Happy Birthday sentiment to the blank banner one letter at a time rotating each until it looked good to me. I saved it at that point, in case I ever want to make another birthday card with the image. Then I printed out on HP photo paper, trimmed it down and adhered it to the front paper layers. I cut musical staffs and notes using Quickutz Squeeze dies out of some of the red paper and glued them on all around the front. There is no denying that she is singing!
😊
On back, more of the Pebbles papers and my siggie I always use.
Inside, I matted with more of the red paper. Honey wants to write out something to him, so I've left it unstamped for now.
👀
And a final look.
We are hoping he will get a big kick out of it.
Thanks for visiting and I'll be back in a little while with another guy card.

CHALLENGE LINKS:
I have 4 layers
QK Squeeze Musical Notes Dies

21 comments:

Gillena Cox said...

Lovely stamping, Aimeslee. Thanks for linking to Sunday Smiles

Much💚love

Dena J said...

A bright fun card for your neighbor. Thank you so much for joining the birthday challenge at Allsorts.

Alyson Mayo said...

Love big band music - this is a great card to portray that musical era! Thanks for sharing with us at HLS Birthday :)

Julie B said...

Great image for your big band loving neighbour, I'm sure he will love it. Thanks for layering it up at Cardz4Guyz. :)

Valerie-Jael said...

Another fun and beautifl card! Sorry I hsven't been around much, I am just exhausted most of the time. Look after yourself, hugs, Valerie

Card Creator said...

What a fun card! Brings back a lot of wonderful memories. Thank you so much for joining in My Time to Craft Challenge
~Tmaara

My name is Erika. said...

This lady is one pretty woman. I think Big Band music is great, and she looks like she has the beat! You have some fun images to use Aimeslee. And this is another great card for our challenge at TIOT. I hope your neighbor likes it. hugs-Erika

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Thank you for sharing at Allsorts once again this week.
Lorraine

Jocelyn said...

This is fantastic Aimeslee and I'm sure your neighbour will love it. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT

Lori Podolsky said...

Oh, I do love your card, Aimeslee. Love the details and colours also. Thank you for joining us on The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog. Good luck, and hope to see you again soon. Lori - DT

Arteconpapelmaderaehilos said...

Gorgeous card and wonderful colourin
Thank you for joining with us at The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog
Good luck with your entry
Maritza DT

Carol said...

A great card Aimeslee. I like Big Ban music too but must admit I haven't listened for a while. This a reminder to get some CDs out.

Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

Kristin Sluhan said...

OMG, you image is adorable and your coloring is perfection! I am just starting my marker coloring journey and am feeling a bit intimidated...but practice makes perfect? lol... Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog, I really appreciate your kind words and support!

Bonnie Lynn said...

This is amazing!! I love how it turned out. I know so many people that would enjoy a card like this. Thank you for the inspiration.

Lisa said...

Super image and great paper to pair with the image.

Pamela said...

I'm a fan of 50s music and would love to receive a card like this! I'm sure hubby's friend loved it.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Margarets designer cards said...

Great card for a 50's fan I am sure he will love it
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT

Ashwini Rao said...

Bright and fun card! Love all the musical notes on it. Very thoughtful card for your neighbor. Thank you so much for joining us at the Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes With Dies challenge!

Chana Malkah said...

Love the "Fifties" vibe on this card! Great colors! Wonderful concept, beautifully executed!

Thanks for hanging out at A Place to Start !
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner
Redora Lee Designs , My Blog
A Place to Start , Owner
613 Avenue Create , Owner

The Dream Pages said...

How fun..
Thank you for joining in at HLS die challenge
Keep safe and keep crafting
Dt Swapna

Granmargaret said...

Great work. Thank you for joining the challenge at The Paper Shelter and My Time to Craft. Hope to see you again.