Saturday, May 13, 2023

Picked Fresh Eat Fresh

 Hey there, hope everyone is doing okay. I'm popping in with an art journal page for my Flowers challenge at Art Journal Journey plus other challenges.
The flowers in this scene are on DCWV paper that I've used as a tablecloth background. The focus of the page is freshly picked produce and in the center a plate with a slice of strawberry cake garnished with the berries. Your page does not have to feature flowers for the AJJ challenge, it just has to have some. However, I also made this with the Double D Challenge in mind, which is Fresh Picked (Other Than Flowers), so my flowered paper is the background and not the feature. And as always, it fits other challenges, too! 
I used my stamps with Memento Ink, colored with Promarkers and fussy cut some, a few had coordinating dies. I stamped everything on sticker paper which was nice not have to mess with glue or tape. I did use two mini journaling card illustration embellishments from Prima's Fruit Paradise A4 paper collection, but everything else is stamped. The stamps are by: 100 Proof Press (truck), Sunny Studio (cherries and strawberries) and Lockhart Stamps (cherries in colander), My Little Shoebox (peas in pod and polka dotted pear), Avery Elle (cake on plate and pineapple) and Glitz Design (wood grain sign background).
The produce truck's sign letters are Quickutz dies. The bottom right hand sign was made by stamping a wood background and cutting out, again using the QK alpha dies for the letters. 
Here's the page next to the one I did last week, using the same papers. Since I had used two different papers, I had enough to cover 2, so why not? And the pages are related, so I thought that together they made a nice spread. When I made the sun spread, though, I had no idea what the right hand side was going to be until I saw Double D's theme, so I thank them for the idea! 
And on a related note, we received a little treat from Honey's mom when he went over today for a visit to bring her Mother's Day gift and card. He came back with a carrot loaf cake she'd made. The carrots were freshly picked from her garden, planted in March. She also used pecans from her trees. We made a cream cheese icing for it and have already enjoyed some! Honey's making me a grapefruit pie tomorrow. I cannot wait to taste it. Now for that, he's using canned grapefruit as it's not time for the Ruby Reds from the South Texas Valley to hit the stores until July. It's still plenty good!
😋
Thanks for the visit and take care!
XXO

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:

25 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A fabulous themed journal page, thank you for joining us at the Passion For Markers Challenge.
Lorraine

Valerie-Jael said...

Your journal spread is fabulous, but being greedy, I honed in on the carrot cake and the thought of grapefruit pie has made my mouth water! Carrot cake with fresh carrots from the garden - wow, what a fantastic cake that must be! And perhaps I can pop over tomorrow for the grapefruit pie....Okay, I'll try to forget the deliciousness and say thanks for linking to AJJ and hosting our challenge this month! Happy Mother's Day, hugs, Valerie

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Lovely page of your AJ! Eat fresh is a great advice :) and that carrot cake looks so yummy! I grow my carrots too :)
Thanks so much for joining us at We Love Stamping!

ScrappyHorses said...

How cute is this page! Such fun and fresh images perfect for the season! Thanks for sharing with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

Diane said...

What a fun fun journal page and that carrot loaf looks pretty dang good too!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Double D}
{Triple B}
{Stencil Fun}

Liz said...

Lovely art journal page Aimeslee, I feel hungry just looking at it!
Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week. Good luck!
Liz xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What another fabulous page, love all the details, so many to compliment each. The carrot cake looks so yummy and the thought of gooseberries, my mouth waters for both. Enjoy.
Faith x

Alyson Mayo said...

What a cute layout with all the elements of "fresh"... and that loaf looks delicious!

The Crafty Den said...

What a fun journal page Aimeslee. The images are fantastic and your colouring is perfect. Love your 'tablecloth' paper too. Thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

crafty-stamper said...

Great journal page Aimeslee and love all your freshly picked images-I love carrot cake it looks delicious.Thank you for joining us at The Pearly Sparkles
Carol DT x

Becca S said...

We love fresh picked produce at FQGS and you've got a great assortment on your art journal page! The wood sign and old truck are great rustic country touches too. Good ideas! And the carrot cake, yum!!! --Becca

brenda said...

Your journal page certainly spells out Spring to me Aimeslee, so much to look at and bright fresh colours, all that fruit is perfect for our Garden option at We Love Stamping, thank you.

B x

Linby said...

You've put so much work into this lovely detailed AJ spread and it shows. Thanks for taking part at Allsorts challenge.

BTW the carrot cake sounds divine.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Beautiful double diary page, I like it so much and a delicious carrot cake gift. You had a great day with it!
Hug Elke

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I feel HORRIBLE, Aimeslee. I know I am slow because of my arm and shoulder, but I have missed so much. I didn't even know about the adjoining page had you not shared it.

This is a brilliant entry. love how you used the paper background as a tablecloth. It shows how you can see something and figure a way to use it in a way that is different from what was intended. Thanks for this subtle, yet effective entry you have given us using your theme at AJJ, dear.

Birgit said...

What a sweet layout for your art journal. Just perfect for the Fresh Picked challenge at DD. So glad you linked up! Best of luck to you.

Bonnie Lynn said...

Fantastic journal spread my friend. I'm getting hungry for some strawberries that should be ripe in a few weeks. Have a fabulous day.

Cards By MI said...

What a joy to see such fresh and colourful art journal page in the middle of all cards. Really great! Thank ypu for playing along with my "Layer it up!" challenge over at Passion for Markers.
Love n hugs
Marie

Julie said...

Super pretty journal page and so much detail! Thanks for joining us at Passion for Markers this week, good luck! Juliex

Mervi said...

Fabulous and lovely card!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts, welcome again;-))m

Sarah said...

That is a glorious journal page and Wow, the carrot cake looks very tempting indeed!! Thank you for joining in at Allsorts this week. Sarah DT

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh my, now I feel hungry as well as being so totally in love with your page, hugs, Chrisx

My name is Erika. said...

I’m sitting at the Baltimore airport waiting for a flight and your cake is making me awfully hungry. It looks yummy. ❤️. And I like your garden spread. Those veggie look great. And what I like is how flowers and fresh veggies are the from the same season. And this is another great entry for AJJ. Hope all is well. Hugs Erika

Judy McKay said...

Lovely card. Lovely garden card. Thank you for joining us at A Place to Start this month. Hope to see you lovely art work back here soon. Judy DT
https://hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com/

cass said...

Great art journal page. Thanks for joining us at Pearly Sparkles this month for Anything Goes but a card challenge.