Sunday, May 14, 2023

Mother's Day

 Hello and Happy Mother's Day to all the moms who are celebrating it today.
👩💟👸
This is the first of 2 posts today.
This is the card I made my sweet mother-in-law this year for Mother's Day.
A 6x6 green Bazzill card base, red-orange Scenic Route scalloped patterned paper, Paper Roses Daisy Bouquet stamped and die cut, colored with Promarkers and glitter pens, QK Revolution alpha dies cut with white card stock and double layered, and a Prima paper flower that I brushed glitter on the center stem ball to match the daisies' centers.
Inside I composed and created in PSE a heartfelt sentiment and framed it before printing out.
The back has more of the patterned paper and a siggie.
One last look at an angle to show the glittery flower centers.
👀
She loved it and we had a really nice phone chat last night. At 92, she is simply ageless and amazing!
I received a wonderful spa basket from our daughter and gave her and son-in-love a chuckle when I called the basket, raffia and roses a recycling art supply bonus and thanked them double! The vanilla scent is heavenly so I will enjoy using these items.
Although it is a stormy and rainy day here on the Texas Third Coast, I'm feeling pretty good today and eagerly awaiting the steak, potato and Brussel sprouts dinner Honey's making me and grapefruit pie chilling in the fridge for dessert. I will share a photo in my second post later.
Take care and I'll be back in a bit.
XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST
I prefer Spring because the temps here are cooler, the birds and flowers are plentiful and Nature comes alive again.
M for Mom
Daisies and Alphas dies

20 comments:

brenda said...

A lovely bright and cheery card for your MIL, many thanks for sharing it at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Gina said...

What a bright and joyful card you made, a true reflection of the strong bond between you. Thank you for sharing with us at Th Crafty Addicts XXX

Linby said...

So bright and cheerful - a lovely card. You decorated the back too - I have trouble doing even the inside lol!
Thanks for taking part at Allsorts challenge again this week.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Pretty creative Mother's Day card and a lovely gift from your daughter. Have fun with it. Hug Elke

Elaine Stark said...

A beautiful card and a lovely gift. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You make the most amazing cards. It reinforces why I don't make them!! This is beautiful and so well done.

Ellibelle said...

You can never go wrong with Daisies and polka dots, this is so pretty and perfect for Mother's Day!
Thank you so much for joining in at "I spy with my little eye", Allsorts challenge as well as Four Seasons challenge!

theras kartenblog said...

The card is adorable and beautiful. I love the flowers and the layout so much.
Thanks for sharing at Friendship Challenge. Good luck and all the best!
Ilse (thera)

Mervi said...

Fabulous and lovely card!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts, welcome again;-))m

Bonnie Lynn said...

What a beautiful Mother's Day card and I love the basket you received as a gift. I got a good giggle out of the recycling comment as I've said that a time or two myself.

Diane said...

It's a beautiful card, polka dots are my favorite!! Glad you had a nice Mother's Day, I did too except for the contractor that decided to come and work on the patio and messed up our going out to breakfast plans!! Thanks too for letting me know you received the stencil prize!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at The Four Seasons, Triple B and The Sisterhood!
Diane FS and TB Co-Owner and TSH DT
{Nellies Nest}
{Four Seasons}
{Triple B}
{Stencil Fun}

Darlene said...

What a BEAUTIFUL card my friend! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
Owner
Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Em Louise Fairley said...

Lovely CAS card, Aimeslee. Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create. I hope we see you on the front porch again soon!

Hugs, Em
613 Avenue Create DT
Creative Em my blog

Alyson Mayo said...

What a pretty card with the red background - so cheerful! Thanks for sharing with us at MTTC :)

Lynda said...

What a cheerful and colourful card. Great colours. Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

BAstelfeti said...

Oh what a sweet Card. Thank you for your participation by the Friendship-Challenge

Greetings BAstelfeti

Vickie Y said...

Beautifully designed! Thank you for sharing with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters.

Chana Malkah said...

This is such a cute Mother's Day card! It is so bright and cheerful!

Thanks for accepting our play date at 613 Avenue Create !
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner
Redora Lee Designs , My Blog
A Place to Start , Challenge Blog
613 Avenue Create , Challenge Blog

Scrapping4funChallenges said...

Beautiful card!
Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges.
Hugs Rachelle
https://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com
https://rachellescreations.blogspot.com

k said...

This is so beautiful. Love the design. Thanks so much for playing along with the Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero Challenge. Kanan