Thursday, March 30, 2023

The Music in Me

 Hey there, hope all is well with you.
I got another page finished in my 2009-2012 journal. On my topics list for the unfinished pages was my musical listening habits. I was on Spotify in 2010-2011 so I was able to create my own playlists. These were the artists I listened to most often over those 2 years. 

I managed to take one process shot as I was beginning to make the red marks with a red Marabu Mixed Media Art Marker and smudge it in. I'd chosen this blue acrylic-painted page and added 2 different washi tapes, adding the red and smudging each layer. I kept doing that until I liked it. 

Then I added a black swirly KI Memories scrapbooking die cut that was 12x12 and I cut it down for the page. I thought it was full of movement. I had these Circus Rose journaling cards in my stash for years, time to use a few. I filled them out and called it done. I plan to work on the facing page tonight to document the big change to my musical tastes that occurred in 2012, so hopefully I will post that tomorrow. 

Thanks for the visit and have a good one!
XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:

10 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

I'm glad you are getting your journal pages finished. I love the bright colours against the blue and black! like the playlist, too. Thanks for linking to my challenge at AJJ again. Hugs, Valerie

Karen Letchworth said...

Hello Aimeslee: Your art is always so lovely and interesting. I always enjoy seeing your projects and then popping by to take a closer look. Your art is expressive and inspiring, for sure. I know that you have, on occasion, played along with us at Word Art Wednesday. However, I'd like to personally let you know that I truly appreciate your art, and I would be more than delighted to have you stop by any time and share your wonderful art with us. As you may know, you can share up to five (5) projects per week (total of 10 per two-week challenge) and Anything Goes/Family Friendly is always our theme. We're blessed to have AWESOME sponsors/prizes and I would be so honored to have you share your art with us on a regular basis. So, next time you're linking up a lovely piece of art, please remember Word Art Wednesday. I'm always more than happy to have you join us. Have a blessed and creative week. Keep making beautiful art. I look forward to seeing it.
Karen L, Blog Owner
Word Art Wednesday Challenge Blog
www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com - challenge blog
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com - personal blog

My name is Erika. said...

That's a fun idea for page. Did you have a list of that music? I ask because I'm trying to remember who I listened to a lot back then. I like the music in me tag too.That makes me start humming that song. I think that was Kiki Dee who song it. I need to check that out. Thanks for sharing this page for Valerie's challenge. It's been fun to have you join us this month. hugs-Erika

pearshapedcrafting said...

I really love this page Aimeslee. There are some on your playlist that I enjoy listening to. I wonder how different your playlist would be now. Thanks for all of your lovely pages for Valerie's AJJ theme this month. Sorry I couldn't get comments on to all of your posts, hugs, Chrisx

Beth Stamps said...

Wow look at you Missy! A special invite by Word Art. She certainly recognizes the same talent that I see. This is an awesome page. Having a list of artists you listened to back then is interesting. It took me back. --Bethie

jolanda creatief bijtje said...

very nice card
thanks for joining our challenge
greetings jolanda bongers
dt mixed media lovers

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wow, this is wonderful. I love the die cut and agree it feels like movement. I like how you created your playlist and look forward to seeing how much it has changed since 2011. Thanks for yet another wonderful entry in your journal that is perfect for Valerie's theme at Art Journal Journey.

Creaine said...

Nice work. So glad you’ve joined our challenge at Mixed Media Lovers! Hope to see you again next time.
Blogowner: Ine http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

What a wonderful journal page! I love mixed media pieces and I like that swirl! Delighted to have you join us at Krafty Chicks Challenge for Anything Goes week.
Diane - DT

Helen said...

A great mixed media project Aimeslee! Love the birght bold colours and black additions. So striking! Thanks so much for sharing over at Love to Craft Challenge.