Friday, March 17, 2023

Everyday Lucky Spring Tag

Happy St. Patrick's Day!
๐Ÿ€
Hope everything is well with you.

Much of North America, including us, is expecting more wintry weather this weekend right before the Spring Equinox arrives, so to take my mind off the weekend cold I made a tag to hang in my little art corner that celebrates SPD and Spring. 

I added a few punched items later and ultimately decided against using the washi in favor of some scrunchy ribbon, but these are the supplies that I began with. I had acquired some 4x6" Cavellini illustrated postcards several years ago that have been sitting there in my stash. The paper is thick and pulpy enough to take watercolors, so I decided to play with accenting and embellishing the already gorgeous images. 

I fussy cut the green bird from one postcard. I added some blue pearlescent watercolor to the sky surrounding the nest. I also added some browns and green to the nest and branches. I cut the dictionary page paper with a Spellbinders Labels 6 die, painted it with the white pearlescent, then glued it down on the tag. I took a blue Stabilo-All, outlined the text cloud, then smudged it with a damp Q-tip. I adhered the bird to the nest and added several itty bitty Memory Box Lucky Charms die cuts and the Sizzix TH Friendship Script Words die cuts. I ran a white Stabilo-All pencil over the bottom word die so it would stand out more against the dark nest. Then I grabbed some scrunched seam binding ribbon and a green flatback glass heart. I punched a, SU tab and a Fiskars 4-leaf clover. With these I made the tag topper. I initially glued down the heart off-center and when I pulled it up, it took some of the paper with it, so I had to punch another clover to cover that up. No worries, problem solved! Final step was ink-distressing the tag perimeter edge with some brown chalk ink.



Some close-ups to show the pearlescent water colored background and the beautiful texture and details of the illustration that I tried to accent a bit with my paints.

And of course the back of the tag cannot be ugly, so I dressed it with stash scraps and the remainder of my text page die cut. From this side you can see I'd stapled the seam binding in before adding the clover.

And final look.
๐Ÿ‘€
I really do love how this ended up looking and it holds a special meaning to me I will think of when I look at it displayed.  Honey and I have been excitedly watching two bird nests, with eggs laid, at both of our front and back doors in hanging airplane plants. This is our first Spring in a long time with hanging plants. So I'm pretty sure our little home life adventure influenced the making of this tag, whether or not I realized it at the time. We are indeed, lucky everyday, if we want to be. This tag will remind me!
๐Ÿ’–
Thanks for visiting and stay warm and dry!
XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
Photo colors green and blue + outdoors were inspiring

31 comments:

Snowcone said...

Happy St. Patricks day! Such a cute bird card! I'm so ready for spring/summer this year.

marlies said...

Hartstikke mooi wat je gemaakt hebt! Zo leuk dat je meedoet bij de Mixed Media Lovers!
Marlies, DT

Darlene said...

OH WOW ... what a fabulous springy tag! Very clever overall design my friend! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back again soon.

Darlene
FOUR SEASONS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Triple B ... OUR NEW CHALLENGE BLOG which is all about butterflies, birds & blooms.

PS ... thanks for also sharing this beauty with us over on our Triple B challenge and also the Sisterhood of Crafters! Good Luck!

Alexandra Y said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Thank you so much for sharing your creation with us over at the Inspiration Station Challenge! I absolutely love how you incorporated blue and green into your design. You created a perfectly cozy nest for that cute bird!

Donna Walls said...

Happy St. Patty's Day to you Aimes. This is a lovely Spring/SPD tag and there's no where better to be than in your craft space this weekend...stay warm and creative. Thanks for playing along at the Inspiration Station Challenge. We enjoy seeing everyone's lovely projects.
Donna xx
Paper Funday Challenge
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

Alyson Mayo said...

Oh, to be lucky every day! So many details on the tag - you inspire me to use more of my mixed media products!

Valerie-Jael said...

What a fabulous tag, with 2 lovely sides to it. Love how you embellished it, and those shiny paints are fabulous. Thanks so much for linking to my challenge at Tag Tuesday, much appreciated. Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

Michelle N. said...

What a great tag! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas!

My name is Erika. said...

By this time of year I'm craving spring and green, so this tag speaks to me. I love those green shamrocks, and nice bird too. I think we all are lucky in little ways most everyday, if we're open enough to find them when they come that is. Seeing in so many days there are plenty of not so lucky things too. This is great tag, and thanks for linking it up to TIOT. Have a super weekend Aimeslee. Hugs-Erika

Michele said...

well done my friend, what a lovely tag! I hope things warm up for you soon. thanks for linking to tag tuesday. xo

Meggymay said...

A beautiful and special springtime tag. Thank you for sharing it with us at Try it on Tuesdays Aimeslee.
Yvonne xx

Diane said...

I love tags and yours is gorgeous, so full of springtime goodness!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Triple B Four Seasons and The Sisterhood!
Diane TB and FS Co-Owner and TSH DT
{Nellies Nest}
{Triple B}

Bethie said...

Do I ever like your tag. It's so refreshing to see a spring bird which certainly is on point with your nesting birds. Your paints really bring out the green in the shamrocks. As always, a delightful project

Bethie said...

I finally remembered to put my name on your posts. Notice recent anonymous comments? They are from me.

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous Spring tag,love the Bird and nest and all the little shamrocks.Thank you for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams and Pearly Sparkles
Carol DT x

Ellibelle said...

This tag turned out so beautifully with all the great details you added. But seriously what's up with this weather!! Not only did we get some snow but these cold temperatures are something else!! Hope this cold spell won't last long!
So great to see you joining in at my new challenge "I spy with my little eye". Hope to see you back again soon!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Sandra Wright. said...

Hi Aimeslee, so lovely to see you here with your beautiful tag.
I hope you are keeping well.
Thank you so much for playing along with us at Tag Tuesday x

Bonnie Lynn said...

What an awesome spring tag my friend! I love the watercolor effect you added. I've never thought to smudge printed paper using a wet Q-tip before. Now why didn't I think of that?! The effect is fabulous. Stay safe my friend. This mess of weather is heading your way once it's done here.

Arlene said...

It's great that you made something for yourself. I really like the phrase "lucky everyday". Great tag. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our “Anything Goes” challenge.

Carol L said...

Your tag is just lovely with so many amazing and interesting details! I love it! Thanks for sharing with the first Triple B challenge. (Carol L, GD)

Helma said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for participating in the Mixed Media Lovers challenge. Greetings Helma DT

pinky said...

What an amazing tag and so perfect for our theme! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Tag Tuesday.
Pinky

ahlers5 said...

This turned out really lovely!

cass said...

Wonderful tag. Thanks for joining us at Pearly Sparkles this month for our Sentiment/Verse challenge.

Francesca said...

Very pretty tag! Thank you for playing at Dragonfly Dreams Challenge!

foleysfriend said...

So clever and creative. Loving how you're able to combine different techniques, products and materials to create such a beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Watercolour Challenge.

sue n.

Billie A said...

Awesome birds and nest. Great look and so glad you shared over at Happy little stampers wc, Aud Sentiments, Crafty Gals Corner.

Creaine said...

So glad you’ve joined our challenge at Mixed Media Lovers! I just love what you’ve made. Hope to see you again next time.
Blogowner: Ine http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

Valerija said...

Another amazing card.
Thanks for joining us at Vesela hiลกka.
Valerija DT

Tangii said...

So many fun elements here! Such a great tag and I love the ribbon! Thanks for joining us at AUD Sentiments Challenge, we hope to see you again!

Tonya said...

Wonderful creation!! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner.