Sunday, October 30, 2022

Happy Bird Day

 Hey there, hope all of you are well. I think I have turned the corner on my eye infection and am getting better every day. I still have not colored a focal image but will be trying very soon, fingers crossed! This is the last of my scheduled posts due to my eye, and as always, thank you to my Honey for greatly helping with the posts to keep things going. He's quite experienced at this by now! 😍
Today I have a guy birthday card to share using another pre-colored digi from The Paper Shelter called Tucan. I was able to color the die cuts, as it's not hard to stay in the lines with them, but baby steps! 
 
I used the sketch at the current Moving Along with the Times challenge. I resized it in PSE to a 6x6 square.
Supplies Used:
The Paper Shelter Tucan Pre-Coloured Digi
Sizzix Tropical Thinlit Dies (palm tree, flowers, totem)
Gemini by Crafters Companion Torn Edge Oval Dies
Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type letter stickers
Viva Decor Orange Pearl Paint Pen
Promarkers to color die cuts
Echo Park Jungle designer papers
DCWV floral design paper (inside)
Brown and white card stock
Inside, I layered a sentiment I composed in PSE on blue floral paper mats.
On back, designer papers and a stamped and circle-punched siggie.
And a final look. I think it looks so tropical using rich Autumnal colors, although I did stay away from purples and pinks since it's going to one of my many nephews. 
With all the Autumn cardmaking going on right now, I thought I'd share this Autumn Color Palettes chart I found online at artist HilaryWinfield's website a while back. I've found it to be pretty handy and pretty to look at and be inspired by, too.
👀
I also have some food to share for Rain's Art & Dinner Date this week:
One night this week Honey made a thin-crust pizza using Rain's recipe for Thin-Crust Pizza Dough. He'd made a big batch last month and froze a few dough balls for future use. This is the second time we've eaten it and the crust is delish!
Honey also made an Arkansas Possum Pie using a recipe I found online. We used a prepared chocoalte graham cracker crust and no nuts for this one. I thought it was perfectly scrumptious, but Honey said he should have added more chocolate, lol.

Well, that's it for me. Hope you have a great Sunday! XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
I think that a talking toucan with eyes like a stand-up comedian like Rodney Dangerfield is a fantasy!
Using die cuts is a favorite technique

23 comments:

ahlers5 said...

What a great image...cute card!

Jenny L said...

Hi Aimeslee,
what a very colourful card and I love the images and your wonderful design.
such pretty elements used and those flowers are very gorgeous.
Snap I have had to give up colouring with Alcohol pens beacause of eye probs, but mine are permenant probs.
I also had to give up driving too as I can't read signs and glasses doesn't help.
Now I just use water colour pencils.
Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge .
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Ellibelle said...

So much goodness in this post, the card is absolutely beautiful and so fun with all these gorgeous colors. Fabulous all the way around! And the pizza looks delicious like from a fancy restaurant. I am definitely checking out the thin crust recipe! Oh, and that pie!! Absolutely delicious looking!
Glad to hear your eye infection is healing well!
Thank you so much for sharing this month at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

dj said...

What a fun card...that toucan made me smile!! Thanks for playing along with our "fall colors" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! #C4G307

Helen said...

Love your bright and colourful card and your food looks delicious too!

Thanks for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Alyson Mayo said...

Happy BIRD day - love it! That toucan is awesome and I love what you did with the surrounding panels. All those birds on the back... perfect complement to the front. Thanks for sharing with us at HSL Birthday :)

Linda Mc Enery said...

So colourful and happy. You've done a super job! Thanks for sharing this with us at The Paper Shelter, and for using one of our images! Glad to hear you're on the mend.
Linda

Jane said...

Another of your signature bright and fun cards. Love this one! Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

Jolanda Johnstone said...

How very cute. Loving that sassy Toucan. Perfect image for a Fall Color challenge. Thanks for joining us at C4G this round. Cheers, Jolanda - DT

Cardsbymaaike said...

Fabulous toucan card, love how it matches your pizza ;-) Thank you for playing at the AAA Birthday Card Challenges

craftytrog said...

Great card Aimeslee!
Sorry to hear about your eye infection, glad it's on the mend.
Happy new week,
Alison

Carole J said...

Oh this is an absolute delight of a card, Amy! I love the sketch and the colours as well as the tropical bird and flowers - definitely my kind of card.
Thank you for sharing your project with us at the Crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” October Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon!
Carole x DT Craftilicious Creations

Furrbster said...

Such a fun bright card! Amazing use of our sketch,

Thanks for playing along at MAWTT,

Hugz Tinz

Debbie Mageed said...

What a stunning card! Your coloring is perfectly done and I just love all of the details! Thank you for playing with us at the Alphabet Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
Debbie
Secrets To Stamping
Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

Debbie Mageed said...

Sorry! My comment was for the HLS Die Challenge!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Aimes hun', I'm glad you're getting better! This card had me stop in my tracks. Talk about gorgeous!! I love the image you picked and how colourful it is. You're DH is such a peach and deserves husband of the year award!

Ines said...

Super:)Thanks for playing with us at Let's Craft and Create :)Ines DT
http://inka-mojmalyswiat.blogspot.com/
https://letscreatechallenges.blogspot.com/http://

Julie Reed said...

Fabulous card and so colourful, thanks for joining us at the Paper Shelter this week.
Julie DT

Donna Walls said...

Good to hear you are on the other side of that eye infection! Your card is so fun and colorful. love it. And love the pizza and Possum Pie...yummmm! Thanks for playing along at The Paper Funday Challenge!
Donna xx
The Paper Funday Challenge
The Inspiration Station Challenge

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

Spectacular card! Love all the details. Delighted to have you playing with the Krafty Chicks Challenge this week. Hope you join us again soon.
Diane - DT

JulieP said...

Thank you for sharing this wonderfully bright and fun card at the Happy Little Stampers die challenge. I do hope your eye heals quickly!

Rain said...

Aimeslee! I hope your eye is all better by now! So happy you enjoyed the pizza dough, it's really nice isn't it? ☺ I love your Tucan!!

Pat said...

I love your fun toucan on this bright and beautiful card Aimeslee and your colouring is wonderful and a great background as well as a bright and pretty inside and the back of the card too. Congrats on being a favourite over at the HLS Dies Challenge...well deserved. I am glad that your eye is at last getting much better and hope it will soon be completely right. The pizza and the cake both look completely yummy! x