Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Song of the Snowflakes

 Hello there, hope you are all doing well with the start of a new week. I'm sharing a Christmas card made from a sheet of very old 12x12" Paper Love Designs collaged scrapbooking paper, one of those buys of mine I now wonder, what was I thinking? 
I have 2 sheets of it, too. It's got some cute vintage illustrations on it, though, and I finally thought up a few ways to use it on cards, so it was time to try one of my ideas out.
I got out my pulpy handmade "snow" paper and made the hills, rubbing a blue Stabilo pencil on the hilltops, then running my damp finger across to smudge, then applying Arctic Blue Ice Stickles and smudging that with a Q-tip. I also rubbed in the Stickles with the Q-tip all over the snow.
 
I used Splitcoaststampers sketch SC873 for my design layout, resizing to A9 size.
The card base is Kraft card stock, matted with a piece of red paper. The top mat is collaged with the illustrations and the pulpy "snow" paper. I had some fun using phrases from Tim Holtz's Christmas Sticker Book pad. I've had the book pad for quite a while but this is my first time to use it. So I made a little "song" for the card front. All the image, phrase and card edges are lined with a blue Promarker.
On the inside, I've used Versafine Majestic Blue ink to stamps Sweet n Sassy and Stamplorations sentiments.
Back of card - I dug out some very old Gin-X paper for the top layer, along with another scrap of it and a stamped and punched round siggie.
Couple of shots to try to show the Stickles sparkle, which the camera is not picking up well at all.
😞
And final view. Gee, that scene looks like fun! Oh, to be young again. 😊
Thanks for visiting.
XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
Song: Song of the Snowflakes
Artist: ME 😍
Winter
Stickles Sparkle

15 comments:

María said...

Great job creating that beautiful scene. I love the texture you've made on the snow part. Thanks for joining us at A Place To Start. Hugs, María.

Michelle B. said...

Well, you've done that paper proud! Truly a spectacular creation, inside and out. Bravo Aimselee! So glad you joined us at Christmas with the Cuties!

Michelle B. said...

Me again! So glad you joined us at CCC!

ClaireB said...

Great card, very creative use of the scrapbook page, I bet the snow really Ssparkles in real life! Thanks for joining us at the Pearly Sparkles challenge this month, good luck with your entry Claire DT

Diane said...

It's a very pretty scene/card and you made great use of it, I too have some papers like this I need to use, thanks for the inspiration!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
Diane POE Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Peace On Earth}

Donna Walls said...

I think we all have paper like that, bought with a purpose however I usually forget what my purpose was! Gorgeous card and great take on the sketch. Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Funday Challenge.
Donna xx
The Paper Funday Challenge
The Inspiration Station Challenge

ahlers5 said...

Love the image and how you did the snow. Just perfect.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

I love Victorian Christmas cards. Just like your card it cries Christmas. So, your paper is a success this year. I've got what we're you thinking paper.

JulieP said...

oooh! I loved GinX. So sad they're no longer around. This is such a lovely vintage piece. Thanks so much for playing along with us at the HLS Christmas challenge blog!

Bonnie Lynn said...

Aimeslee, this is gorgeous!!! I'm so glad you finally decided to use it. Loving the vintage feel. Wow!

Jackie C said...

What a smashing project!
We always love to see all the entries at Classic.
Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge
We really appreciate you joining in.

Jackie DT

cass said...

Pretty card. Thanks for joining us at Pearly Sparkles this month for Traci's Recipe Challenge.

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Stunning card. Well done Thanks for entering you card at Girlz Creative Crafts
Geweldig toffee kaart Leuk dat je meedoet met onze challenge bij Girlz Creative Crafts
hugs
Claudia
DT Girlz Creative Crafts
Je kan mij nu ook vinden op You tube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnlT4Rs1DfAZU_GLcM7Kx1g
https://claudiaskaartjes.blogspot.com/
http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be
http://girlzrebelchallenge.blogspot.com
https://girlzcreativecrafts.blogspot.com

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

How wonderful and again another beautiful vintage card, that gives out so much joy Aimes. Love how you did the snow. Thank you so much for joining us in our Song Title challenge at The Male Room Good Luck and I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
Faith DT

Suze said...

That paper certainly looks challenging Aimeslee. You have created a beautiful scene from it though. Thank you for entering the Use Some Patterned Paper Challenge at CHNC.