Monday, August 1, 2022

Guest Designing for My Besties 3D and More August Challenge

 Greetings and Happy August! I hope all of you are well, safe and comfortably cool. 
I'm honored to be Guest Designing over at My Besties 3D and More Challenge Blog for their August challenge. I have a soft spot in my heart for these hand-drawn big-eyed beauties. Creator and Owner Sherri Baldy is a prolific artist, so there is an almost infinite variety of products available at My Besties Shop and My Besties Etsy. You can literally spends hours there. Ask me how I know. 😊😊😊
I chose to make a Center Step Card. I picked two bubble papers, a blue bokeh bubbles and a multi-colored bubble pattern from a My Besties Beautiful Rainbows Digital paper pack that I already owned. I combined them with a pre-coloured Bubbles Besties Doll digital printable that I won in July's challenge.
Since the focal doll image is pre-coloured, all I did was size her, print her, fussy cut her and then add some Nuvo Crystal Glaze to most of her bubbles, her red dress bodice, her eyes, and then I also glazed some of the smaller paper bubbles.
Here's a close-up of her that does show some of the bubbles I glazed.
I usually don't do well cutting card bases that are shaped out of the ordinary, but thankfully I didn't have to cut this one because I still have a pack of old Our Daily Bread (now Divinity Designs) card blanks. The hardest part of this card was measuring each section that I needed paper for to digitally print and I was surprised at how long it took me! 😖😚 I used a Stampendous sentiment with Majestic Blue Versafine ink that I then heat-embossed with clear powder on the rainbow paper. I fussy cut the sentiment using my deco wave scissors. I also used a Memory Box (now PoppyStamps) Loopy Rings Border die cut with white card on the bottom vertical strip. I bought the whole set because they reminded me of bubbles and it was a great time to use it as it fit the theme and the strip space perfectly. Gotta love that!
Inside the card, more bubble paper on which I used the Versafine ink to stamp a mash up of Stampendous, Avery Elle and MFT sentiments.
And on back, the PoppyStamps/Memory Box Large Ringlets die cut with white card fit perfectly in the space on the blue bokeh bubbles paper, along with a stamped siggie.
Here's a final view from the side. I hope you've enjoyed my card today.
Thanks so much for the visit.
Have a great week! XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
I used PoppyStamps/Memory Box dies on front and back
The front sentiment is heat-embossed
I've used My Besties digital image and papers

20 comments:

Jana Forrest said...

Aimeslee your card is stunning. (got to admit, I love using pre-colored images) Thank you for sharing over at Penny's Challenge. Best of luck, DT~Jana Forrest

Arlene said...

I love how you decorate the entire card, front and back. The background panels are just perfect for this image. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our Shaped Card challenge this month.

Seafield Jo said...

Wow - such lovely bright colours and fabulous colouring.
Jo
CD Sunday Plus DT

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Beautiful card and your colouring is fabulous. Love everything about it. Thank you for sharing over at AAA Birthday challenge and we would love ou to come back again in future challenges
Elaine DT

Chris said...

A bright and fun card in beautiful rainbow colours, lovely design and amazing colouring. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n' Funky
Chris
x

Jane said...

Oh wow Aimslee! This card just reaches out and demands to be noticed! So much fun with that image and vibrant colours. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

Jocelyn said...

I am also a fan of Sherri Baldy's artwork. I love the colours you have used. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT

Cindy C. said...

Super fun and super cute card! Thanks for joining us this August at Die Cut Divas.

My name is Erika. said...

What a fun card Aimeslee. And congrats for hosting. I love all the colors you used. This is definitely a celebration birthday card. This girl looks ready to party. Happy August to you also. hugs-Erika

Carol said...

Wow, Aimeslee - what a wonderful card. Congrats on Guest Designing. There is so much to the card that it is difficult to take it all in - but it just makes the pop with all there is to see.
Hugs
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

craftytrog said...

A great card Aimeslee, although I find that doll a little scary! Lol!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card you made. Thanks for joining the challenge of Creative Moments.
Greetings Helma DT

Alyson Mayo said...

I just love the bold colours on this card! Fun folds (especially this one) aren't hard - we need to spend some time together so I can prove that to you! Lovely work :)

My name is Erika. said...

And I missed how you shared this with us at TIOT. Thanks Aimeslee!

Pamela said...

Well done on the guest designer spot. Great colours, I especially like the multicoloured circles!
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Chana Malkah said...

Now, this is a fun HBD card! Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana , Owner

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Amazing card. Well done Thanks for joining us at Patterned Paper Challenge

Hugs
Claudia
DT Patterned Paper Challenge

Je kan mij nu ook vinden op You tube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnlT4Rs1DfAZU_GLcM7Kx1g
https://claudiaskaartjes.blogspot.com/
http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be
http://girlzrebelchallenge.blogspot.com
https://girlzcreativecrafts.blogspot.com

Valérie said...

Your card is amazing. The coloring on your Bestie image is amazing! Thank you for sharing your pretty creation at AAA Birthday. Take care and keep crafting!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

You had me at "Greetings". LOL. What a stunning card. Pre-coloured images help to make things go quick, but for someone like me who has no coloured printer, I must buy B&W. Thank you for the link to My Besties Shop. I took a gander and can't decide. I want everything!

Your rainbow Center Step card looks beautiful with the variety of colours and papers.

Hope you're keeping well my friend!

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a fabulous image you chose for your card. Fun and feminine, love it, hugs, Chrisx