Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Mermaid Tails Birthday

 Good Tuesday morning to you, hope all is well. I'm popping in with this birthday card today for my cousin Jim. I figured he'd like a mermaid card.
I've used The Paper Shelter's Enchanted Ocean images and digi paper. All precoloured digital and printed out to use on my A7 card base. I've matted with SU turquoise card. The digital sentiment was added before printing and is by Digi Doodle Studios, from the Mermaid Sentiments set. I've embellished with bubble, seahorse, starfish and shell die cuts from my stash of already cut stuff from prior projects, plus shell and star sequins. I believe the dies are from Whimsy and Poppy/Memory Box.
 
I chose this Splitcoaststampers sketch for my design layout and have it alongside my card to show how I followed it. 
I haven't yet stamped an inside sentiment because I'm still deciding whether to go funny or what. I still have a week before I have to mail out. Here's an overhead shot of the back of the card with more of the digital paper along with the front to show continuity.

Thanks for visiting me today and have a great Tuesday!

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:

10 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

This is a fun card. I like the scube man. He looks kind of shy around the mermaid. I hope they have a great party and don't lose their tails in the process. Smile. hugs-Erika

Dewi Lestari said...

Fabulous! Thanks for joining at The Paper Shelter #518 Under The Sea
Hugs
Dewi

dj said...

Fun underwater party!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with our SUMMER challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

SO funny, love the diver, (to me) looking like he's scared to death hahaha. Great details as always Aimes.
Faith x

Alyson Mayo said...

Love the underwater party theme - great work :)

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Jennifer Lewis said...

Always go funny on the inside. Definitely. Love this fun card with that flirty mermaid and great use of SC13. I'm sure your cousin will love it!

Melanie Hungerford said...

Love the ocean scene, and your added die cut embellishments give a great summer feel to your card! Thanks for playing along with us at Cardz 4 Guys!

Billie A said...

Very nice. Wonderful colors and scene. So glad you shared over at Cardz 4 Guyz.

NickScrapShack said...

Fin-tastic card! I love everything about it, awesome colouring and great work with the sketch. Thank you for playing along with us at Scribbles Design. Hope to see you back with us soon again! Nick