Friday, June 10, 2022

Beary Merry Christmas

Happy FriYay, everyone, hope your week went well and you are looking forward to the weekend. 
Here in Texas, we are having a heat wave. So what better way to cool off than make a polar bear card! Pattie's Creations' Holiday Polar Bear was the perfect image to use.

 
I chose this Splitcoaststampers sketch for my layout design, but in PSE I resized it to a 6x6-inch square. I am showing that next to my card so you can see how I followed the sketch.
On a white card base, I used one of LOTV's Mystical Skies Digital Backing Papers as my background, printed out on HP Photo Paper. I used one of Lawn Fawn's Stitched Hillside Boarder dies to cut a white card snowy ground for the bear to sit on. I had previously cut Lawn Fawn's Merry Christmas border die on white card for another project but had saved the negative strip and I've used that here, backing the negative with more of the LOTV paper and adding some Cosmo Cricket and Tim letter stickers to complete the sentiment. After printing out the bear, I colored only his tongue and his scarf with Promarkers and Sakura Star Dust metallic glitter pens, and left the bear white because I think he looks better just fussy cut in all his magnificent white fur. I popped him up a bit with foam dimensional tape and then for the final touch added some vinyl snowflakes to the sky.
 
Inside, I used Majestic Blue Versafine ink to stamp a Stamplorations sentiment. On back I matted a piece of blue snowflake paper from my Christmas scraps stash box on a piece of pink KI Memories card, The center vertical strip is leftover LOTV from the front and my stamped and punched siggie.
Here is a close up to show the gel pen and snowflake glitter twinkles.
And final view. Thanks for visiting me today and stay cool! It's hot out there. XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
I used a Pattie's digital image
CD Sunday Plus Challenge #86 Hosted by Carol: AG w/CD-USB-DIGI
The polar bear's a digital image and the background is digital backing paper
Merry Little Christmas Challenge #44: ACG

19 comments:

Pamela said...

A lovely Christmas card. I like how you've done the snow for him to sit on.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Helen said...

Love this! A very cute image and a great scene.

Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Seafield Jo said...

A gorgeous card. I love the vibrant blue and the expression on his face!
Jo
CD Sunday Plus DT

Carol said...

Super card Aimeslee. Just saw this as I came on to close down and schedule the next challenge. See you there.
Hugs
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

Heather said...

Such a cute bear - and I love the bold blues you've included for the background and scarf! Lovely and rich! Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles!

Judy McKay said...

Lovely card. Beautiful layout and colour combo. Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue create this month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

Melanie Hungerford said...

That's a wonderful image, and the background is stunning! Thanks for joining us at Sparkles.

Diane said...

What A FABUOLOUS polar bear he is!! Thank you for sharing with us at Peace On Earth!
Diane POE DT {Nellies Nest}
{Peace On Earth}

Alyson Mayo said...

Making Christmas cards in the heat is one way to cool off... I just love that bear and the sky background. The colours are so intense. Well done, my friend :)

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This is just too cute and I love that bold blue color for the sky!

My name is Erika. said...

I hope this card makes you feel cooler. It does me-smile! What a cute little polar beer, and what a fun card. I am so impressed (still) that you can be inspired to make Christmas cards now. I can't even think about winter, but I guess when ours tends to be so long and blah I am not wanting to think about it. Stay cool and happy new week. Hugs-Erika

Jocelyn said...

What a great card. I love the expression on the polar bear's face. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT

Darlene said...

OMG ... how cute is he! And that background is awesome! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

P.S. Thanks for also sharing this fabulous creations with us over on our Peace on Earth Challenge. Good Luck!

Kristine said...

Oooo, YES YES YES Please!!! Wow, that sparkling sky is amazing and the bear totally CUTE! This is fantastic and speaks to me :)

P.s. I'm waiting for that heat to come up to Oregon! It's been unusually cold and rainy here for this time of year. I've got our heat on and warm fuzzy socks and still a bit cold. :(

Debbie said...

Such a fun card! Cute bear!
(Stay cool!)
Thanks for playing along this week at Sparkles Christmas Challenge
Debbie - SCC DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card, Thank you for joining the Critter Crazy challenge, Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas challenge and 12 months of Christmas cards link up. Hope to see you again next time.

Heike said...

Eine wundervolle Karte und der Hintergrund leuchtet so schön blau. Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme bei den Sweet Stampers.

Heike

Mandy said...

Aimeslee this is a lovely card. Your choice of paper for the background is so richly coloured it makes the white pop so much. You always do such a good job decorating the whole card too.

Thank you very much for entering your lovely card into our challenge. Good luck with the prize draw.

Stay healthy, happy, keep crafting and Creating Joy :)

Mandy ♥
DT for The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up
Made By Mandy – My personal Blog

Catie Cuddles said...

What a fun card.
Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies challenge blog.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT