Monday, May 2, 2022

Spicy Meat-A-Ball Birthday

 Good Monday, everyone. Hope everyone is well. My arthritis meds got upped, so I'm back to being sleepy and unfocussed, lol. I told myself the last time I needed to try to do more digitally, so that's how this card came about.
I'm barely literate with PhotoShop Elements software, but I like using what I do know how to do, it serves me well. I had gone through my card inventory and seen that I really need some more guy cards. To be honest, I don't enjoy making them unless I'm in the mood. So, I decided to try to create and print out a digital card front guy card for my white 6x6 top fold card base. 
I picked out this Trattoria Chef precoloured digital image by The Paper Shelter. Now, the easiest thing would have been to just print out what TPS provides (the entire card front), but the thing was, I had picked out a sketch to use that had all squares and no circle element or strip. And I really wanted to use ginghams checks, so I used some digi paper from a set that I had from Lozzy at Nin's Papercrafting. (I won it at one of her challenge blogs, but she does have a free tab with lots of papers on her blog.) 
 
There is gingham in every color in that set, so I found 3 that looked matchy-matchy with my pre-coloured TPS image. Here's the sketch I used. I resized it to 6x6, printed out on copy paper and then got my measurements to use in PSE.
What I basically did was create 3 black layers (5.75/4.50/2.25 inches square). Then I resized the 3 ginghams for each of the black squares less .25 inches. Then I layered the brown gingham onto the largest black square; layered the red onto its black square and layered that onto the brown. Then layered the green onto its black sqaure and layered that onto the red/brown. Then I layered the Trattoria Chef on and sized him how I wanted him. Then with the Text tool I added the sentiment. Then printed out, trimmed and attached to card front. Shazam! (Sorry, Honey watches a LOT of Andy Griffith -- Gomer Pyle reference heehee). I mean, hey, this is a great way for me to get some cards made to have on hand for all occasions, so since I have my new printer where I can print out a lot for $5 a month, what the heck? I still enjoy paper crafting the old fashioned way too too much to stop doing that, but I'm definitely adding this to my bag of tricks.
 
The inside mat, left, was also digital done same way. Those of us old enough to have watched the original Alka Seltzer commercial will get the humor. 😊 On back, still another digital mat and a stamped and punched siggie. The photo was taken at that angle to show the continuity front to back.
And final view. Thanks for visiting and have a nice night, xoxo.

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
I used TPS Trattoria Chef 
I've used digital papers and a precoloured digital image detailed in post.

13 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Brilliant Aimes, love the image and it's just marvellous for a masculine card, love the insert sentiment, although I don't know the advert it refers too! I love digital cards, so much can be done and undone on them before printing and it takes time and creativity also, so well done you for a Super card.
Faith x

Lori Podolsky said...

I really love your card and your awesome colours, Aimeslee. Wonderful masculine card. Thank you for entering our Birthday Card Challenge on The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog. Looking forward to seeing you again for our next challenge. Have a happy day. Hugs, Lori - DT

Heidi said...

Wow! Fantastic project! Thanks for sharing your inspiration with us! Hugs Heidi TPS DT

Linda Mc Enery said...

So sorry your meds are leaving you feeling groggy. It's a catch-22! Perfect time to use a pre-coloured image, and I love the papers and design you chose for it. I battle with male cards too. I've even started a list of my male themed images, so I have somewhere to start, when I need to make one. Thanks for sharing this with us at The Paper Shelter, and for using one of our images!
Linda

Jocelyn said...

He is a jolly looking chef and I love all the different gingham backing papers. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT

Seafield Jo said...

This is such a great card.

I'm sorry to hear your arthritis is troubling you. I can sympathise. I hope as you get used to the increased meds the side effects will ease.

Take care, sending hugs.

Jo xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

craftytrog said...

Fabulous card Aimeslee!

Carol said...

Hi Aimeslee, Love the digital. I have joined the site you used and purchased a few for Christmas. Sorry, you are in such pain. I have now joined the club. Had X-rays and now they have diagnosed osteo arthritis in my shoulder. Grrrrr.
Hugs
Carol
xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

Pamela said...

This is a great card Aimeslee. The gingham papers are really well suited to the image.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Alyson Mayo said...

Now that's a happy chef! I also struggle with masculine cards - this is a great one :)

Margarets designer cards said...

What a jolly Chef, brilliant image and lovely background
I can sympathise as a fellow suffer, Hope the pain eases as the weather gets warmer.
Thankk you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT

My name is Erika. said...

OH I like this chef. And some meatballs would taste great right now since I am waiting for my husband to get home from work. He got stuck in traffic-grrr. I don't miss that. Have a wonderful weekend ahead Aimeslee. Hugs-Erika

Becca Sadler said...

Hello! I'm popping in on behalf of Mix It Up as a new DT member. I think you are very brave to tackle the front panel as digital. I'm only comfortable with printing clipart and digital stamps out on cardstock or paper. You've definitely given the card a retro vintage pizzeria vibe and there's a lucky guy who will enjoy this. Thanks for mixing it up! --Becca/DT