Sunday, May 8, 2022

Happy Mother's Day!

 Good Sunday morning to everyone and best wishes to all moms on your special day. I received a very nice aloe vera plant (per my request) and a beautiful card from my family, and Honey will visit his mom and give her our gifts later today. It looks like I'll have a mainly sunny and windy day to enjoy, with a nap sandwiched in there. 
I'm sharing a tag that I made using a Gecko Galz digital collage sheet image, on which I've stamped with Monarch Versafine Clair ink a Leave Memories French phrase that translates to Beauty and Wonder in English. I cut the image with a Spellbinders Labels 4 die and distressed the edges with Twilight VF Clair ink and my blending tool.
Here you can see the different elements I used on the tag front. I die cut two Label 4 pieces from white card and then used Tim Holtz's Stripes Layering Stencil on them with Twilight VF Clair ink. After they completely dried, I then used a blending brush to add Milled Lavender and Antique Linen Distress inks where the white card was not stenciled on. I inked all edges with Twilight VF Clair and assembled the tag, adding a lavender satin ribbon and a yellow Fleur de Lis brad. Final step was stamping the sentiment.
For the back of the tag, I used leftover bits and bobs. I sponged on Antique Linen to the largest piece, then added a pink die cut Eiffel Tower (QuicKutz), the rest of the ribbon, another stencil-striped layer and a pink Spellbinders Labels 9 die cut on which I stamped EKS and PTI sentiments.
And final view. Thanks for dropping by and I hope everyone has a really nice day/evening. XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
GG digital image from Love Me Do collage sheet

23 comments:

Bonnie Lynn said...

Fabulous tag! I'm with you on the nap. I'm also dealing with wind/sun sprinkled with clouds all to aggravate a migraine. Happy Mother's Day to you.

Michele said...

happy mother's day! i hope you day and nap are wonderful! beautiful tag -- thanks for linking to tag tuesday! xo

Creaine said...

So glad you’ve joined our challenge at Mixed Media Lovers! I just love what you’ve made. Hope to see you again next time.
Blogowner: Ine http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

marlies said...

Very nice what you made!! So glad you joined Mixed Media Lovers!!!
Marlies, DT

Arlene said...

What a lovely tag. So glad you joined us over at Die Cut Divas. We hope to see you again.
~ Arlene DT

Jana Forrest said...

This tag is simply beautiful. Thanks for linking up with us over at Penny's Challenge. Best of luck, DT~Jana Forrest

craftytrog said...

Hi Aimeslee! Glad you had a lovely Mother's Day. Your tag looks great!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Very nice Aimes. A very unique idea to cut tags then adding VersaFine Clair through to the tag. It's such a fun stencil you used too! Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!--Bethie

pinky said...

Love your tag. That's a very cool stencil to have! Thanks so much for joining us at Tag Tuesday this week.
Pinky

Maria Valente said...

So beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us over here at Penny's Challenges. Love to see you join in again. Thank you.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Sounds like you had a good day Aimes, Love your tag, what a lovely phrase on it, love the renaissance image. The back of the tag is just perfect, love it all.
Faith x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow! This really is a fabulous tag. I have stencil envy now - I'll maybe treat myself soon! Thank you for another lovely entry for Try It On Tuesday,, hugs, Chrisx

Pat said...

This is a very pretty tag Aimeslee and I love the TH Stripes stencilled using the Twilight ink and layered with the added purple and cream coloured DI's, and a beautiful image with the added ribbon and fleur de lis brad which finish it perfectly. The other side looks great too with another couple of layers with a super sentiment over another die cut Stripes stencilled piece which coordinates really well. Glad you enjoyed your Mother's Day and got a lovely Aloe Vera plant. Our Mother's Day here in the UK is in March, so I tend not to remember when it is in the US. x

My name is Erika. said...

I hope you had a super Mother's Day. Nice mother's day gift. This tag is great, and she is quite an exotic Mom on your tag. I like it. I'm glad you shared it with us at Try It on Tuesday. Thanks. Hugs-Erika

Donna Ellis said...

There's nothing as special as an aloe plant, Aimes, unless it is hearing from you! Your SB die is one of my faves. I even have the old, matching "Grands" set to work with it. Your colors are striking, especially withthe black vertical lines! Thank you for leaving your kind comment on my blog. I appreciate you! hugs, de

The Papercrafting Pixie said...

Great bold colour choices really compliment the main image. Thanks for taking part in the 'We Love to Create' challenge blog, Gabrielle Polkadoodles DT.

Berni Cuttino said...

A beautiful tag.Thanks for joining us at avenue613-blog.com. We look forward to seeing you again.
Hugs
Berni Cuttino, 613 Avenue Create , DT Coordinator
613 Avenue Create ,Challenge Blog
chasingthedream, My Blog

Helen said...

Love the striped stencil on your gorgeous tag! Brilliant! Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday!

Anonymous said...

Beautifull Tag. Thanks for joining the challenge of Mixed Media Lovers. Greetings Helma DT

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely tag. Thanks for joining 613 Avneue Create. Anesha

Joan said...

Lovely tag, love the stripes

Thanks for joining in at Try It On Tuesday Challenge

Joan

LOU said...

Gorgeous tag Aimeslee.
Thanks so much for joining us for our Anything Goes plus the option of Tag! You're It! (use a tag) Challenge #183 at Let's Craft and Create for May 2022.
We hope to see you again soon,
Lou DT xo
JemLou Productions

foleysfriend said...

Loving the stripes on the tags. I thought you had used striped patterned paper but was surprised that you created your own striped paper. Very nice. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Stencil Challenge.

sue n.