Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Slimline Santa

 Hey there! Hope everyone is doing well. I've been working on finishing design team deadlines but I just noticed I hadn't posted a card I'd made weeks ago for a challenge ending today. Sometimes I write up the draft of a post and then I forget about it or, even worse, think I already posted it. 😳
Long time ago I bought a sheet of these Germanscrap Father Christmas images in different colors. I now have one more left after this one. First time to use the slimline tree cover plate die. I cut into a 12x12 sheet of double-sided patterned card stock to use as the base mats and die cut the circles with the scraps. A scrap of silver glitter paper cut with a stitched hilly border die and some bokeh snow paper are behind the trees. Ribbon and sequins from my stash and I added silver Stickles to the sequin centers. I heat embossed the sentiments in white and added the word Santa up top with alpha stickers.

   
I chose this sketch for my layout design, turning it sideways. 
 
At left is inside card. At right is the back of the card.
A close-up to show the glitter and shine...
And final view. Thanks for visiting me and have a great day!

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
Top Row Across: I have 4 Layers/Glitter paper/Used some Red

12 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your old world Santa among the trees, Aimeslee! So glad you shared at Die Cut Divas!

Engelchen said...

Your beautiful card is on inlinkz 3 now.
Thanks for playing on Penny's.
Greetings Geesje (DT)

Diane said...

Fabulous image and card, love those vintage Santa images! Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace on earth!
Diane POE DT {Nellies Nest}
{Peace On Earth}

Arlene said...

Great planning ahead for your Christmas cards. Fabulous card. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our Tic Tac Toe challenge this month

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Love. Love. This is such a beauty. Love your Santa. Glad you have one left. The serene colours are so dreamy.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Super card Aimes, love the die over the Santa, a great scene with a fun sentiment also, what more could you want from a card. Love it.
Faith x
PS Hope the tablets are still working?

foleysfriend said...

What a fabulous card. I'm loving all the special details and elements you have on your card. The little bit of glitter is great, as is the slimline tree cover plate die cut. Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas.

sue n.

Darlene said...

Just beautiful my friend! I love those vintage Santas! Well done! Happy Easter! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth Christmas challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!!

Darlene
PEACE ON EARTH CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Deanne Saunders said...

A beautiful card!!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR ROUND challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Stay safe and healthy!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Kelly Schelske said...

What a fantastic card Aimeslee!

Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, I hope you play along again this time!

Lucille K said...

Wonderful, old-time Santa on your very nice card. Thank you for joining us at Die Cut Divas :)

foleysfriend said...

Love the vintage Father Christmas image. I like the way that the trees surround him. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Christmas Challenge.

sue n.