Friday, April 15, 2022

Outlawz Festive Friday Time

 Happy Good FriYay and Passover, everyone. Hoping we're all looking forward to a long holiday weekend. Time for a new Festive Fridays challenge at Outlawz. We are sponsored this month by LeighSBDesigns and I've used her digital image Daisy Bee
I created an Easter card for my design team sample make. I used SU card stock for my base and mat. The background was created by me on white Springhill Digital card by hand stamping an Impression Obsession Cover A Card background Clouds stamp with a very light blue Memento ink, then ink blending a darker VF-Clair blue onto it, then yellow ink on the whiter parts of the clouds to show the morning sun breaking through. VERY pleased with these results. I wanted a dramatic morning sky. I cut some khaki scrap card with a grass die and a photo corner die. I hand stamped Hero Arts sentiments over the sunshine with Versafine Clair.
Here are our current challenge themes. I went with Thinking of You.
 
My design layout was inspired by this Splitcoaststampers sketch.
My focal image was printed out on white Springhill Digital card, then fussy cut. I colored the outer edge with a Khaki Promarker and the underfoliage with green. I colored all the flower centers with purple. Then I very lightly stippled Picked Raspberry Distress Ink on the daisies, building up slowly in areas. I then applied clear Wink of Stella to all the daisy centers, the large daisy and the bee.
 
The inside of the card has a stamped Cornish Heritage Farms sentiment. On the right is an overhead shot showing my color coordination. It's a bit dark, sorry, but it's just the purple card stock on back with a stamped siggie.
 
Here are close-ups. On left showing detail of the sentiment and background stamping/ink blending. On right is detail of the glitter and shimmer added to the flower centers, the large daisy and the bee.
And final view. Thanks for visiting me and have a blessed day, xoxo.

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
Bee
*I ink-blended the sky and stippled the focal flowers
*I stamped sentiments from Hero Arts Prayers and Blessing Stamp & Cut sets
I've used a LeighSBDesigns digi image Daisy Bee

16 comments:

Carol said...

Hi Aimeslee, You have made a beautiful background to go with the flowers. Hope you are well and enjoying a good holiday.
Hugs
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

Pamela said...

Those flowers are beautiful!
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Darlene said...

So, so pretty Aimeslee! Happy Easter to you & yours! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Easter’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! so different and so beautiful Aimes, love the background and corner piece with the "flush" of Summer flowers. A Lovely colour combination also.
Faith x

Alyson Mayo said...

That background is terrific - and those flowers! I love florals and this is a great collection of beauties :)

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Happy Easyer Aimes! You made another pretty card.

Scrapping4funChallenges said...

Beautiful Spring card! I love the pretty flowers!
Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges.
Rachelle DT (Owner)
https://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com
https://rachellescreations.blogspot.com

Birgit said...

Your card is very sweet and made me smile. So glad you linked up to Double D Challenges. Best of luck to you.

Franka M. said...

Gorgeous floral spray paired with the fun background!

Vic said...

Lovely flowers and a little bee. Thank you for sharing this with us at The Colour Crazy Challenge this challenge, Vic - DT x

Antjes kaartcreaties said...

Beautiful flowers Aimeslee. Nice with the bee on top.
Thanks for joining Girlz Rebel Challenge again.
Antje DTGRC

Julie said...


Such a cute card
Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Studios Challenge
Julie T

sweetpea said...

Really colourful. Thanks for sharing it with us at the Classic Design Challenge Janet DT

Judy McKay said...

Cute flowers and bees. Love your spring theme. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner this month. Hope to see your beautiful art work back here again soon. Judy DT

Judy McKay said...

Beautiful spring flowers. Lovely work and design. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner this month. Hope to see your beautiful art work back here again soon. Judy DT

OlgaB said...

Lovely design with the bunch of beautiful flowers!
Thank you for joining Creative Moments!
Hugs from Afrika!
OlgaB