Thursday, April 14, 2022

Hap-Bee Birthday, Honey!

 Hi There, hope you are all well. I'm on phase 2 of my meds now and am now experiencing excessive daytime drowsiness on top of the other side effects. I'm normally slow so now I'm even slower, lol. I dare not admit how long it took me to prepare this post, but here we finally are! 😬 
It really was a good day though because it has been Honey's birthday. All good chill and buzz. Here's the card I made him. File this one under Ways to Use Ancient 12x12 Scrapbook Layout Stickers on Your Cards, if you'd like. I literally wanted to use these and since I made a half-sheet sized card (letter sized card stock folded in half -- Honey's favorite because it's BIG), they look pretty good even if I did had to scrunch them together. I also had to edge them with a black Promarker so the outlines would stand out more, tedious but worth it. 
 
For my layout design, I was inspired by this Splitcoaststampers sketch.
The card base and mats are all SU card stock. I edged the top yellow mat in the black Promarker. I used Springhill Digital card for all the die cuts. I stamped the Divinity Designs small sentiment, small bees, hive and tree branch with Versafine Clair ink and cut the sentiment with a Spellbinders Label die, then outlined it in black. I cut the other stamped elements with the Divinity Design coordinating dies and colored them with Promarkers. The 2 larger black bees were cut with Momenta dies and then colored black. The die cut clouds are by My Favorite Things. 
I felt that the background needed a little something green to balance the green tree leaves and show through the stickers letters, so I pulled out a Crafter's Companion Sheena stencil and some Mowed Lawn Distress Ink.
I coated the little bees' wings with clear Wink of Stella.
 
Inside of card at left: I decorated with other dies from the Momenta bee set. At right, the card back, clean and simple for my guy.
And final view. Thanks for visiting! XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
I stenciled a foliage background and used several dies noted in above post
I stenciled background and used/layered multiple die cuts
Right now it's Divinity Designs Bee-Lieve Stamp Set w/Dies
I love my Honey and stamping him a birthday card! 😊

25 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

lovely card . Thank you for joining us at CCC Digi Creations challenge. Good luck Ginny DT for
CCC Digi Creations
My Blog As I do Rodos

dj said...

Busy Bees....adorable with their glittery wings!! Great creation for our "add texture" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with us!!

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

What a fun card! The scene is so cute. I love that you used the grass stencil; it goes so well with your theme.

Thanks for sharing your Easter/Create Your Own Background project with us at Cut it Up!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Considering you are a poorly Gal, you have done beautiful work with the stencil, the die cuts are beautifully put together, love this card, as I'm sure your Honey did, my Honey's birthday next week and still haven't made him a card!
Take care Aimes
Happy Easter.
Faith x

Becca Sadler said...

Aimeslee: Hello! Thanks so much for including MTTC in your linking! Bees are definitely part of the insect world and you've made a buzz-worthy card for your honey!! --Becca/DT

Melanie Hungerford said...

Fantastic card, the stenciling makes such a nice background, and I like how you outlined the letters, they look great! Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guys.

brenda said...

At least you get there in the end Animeslee, meds can be a blessing and a curse all at the same time. And what a pretty card it is ay that, many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations and We Love Stamping challenges.

B x

Mrs.B said...

Hi Aimeslee, what a great card and a belated Happy Birthday to your Hubby.
You may be struggling on your meds right now, but you still manage to make great cards.
Hope your're feeling better.
Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday, Avril x

Zoechaos said...

Wonderfully detailed and well thought out card, definitely worth all the hard work. Sorry to hear your meds are not all good but hope beside that they are doing their job. Thank you for sharing your card with us at We Love Stamping and Good Luck xx

Bonnie Lynn said...

Fabulous card Aimeslee. Love how it turned out.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Happy Birthday to DH. You made an awesome card for him. I like the play on "honey". Sorry to hear your meds are making you so groggy. Hopefully you adjust soon. -- Bethie

Scrapping4funChallenges said...

Beautiful card! I love the cute image! Take care and rest when you can! I am also recovering still and am very tired!
Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges.
Rachelle DT (Owner)
https://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com
https://rachellescreations.blogspot.com

My name is Erika. said...

Oh I like your honey's card. I hope the hubby had a great birthday. I am a bee fan so nice choice for a card for your husband. Thanks for sharing this piece wit us at Try It On Tuesday. It is always appreciated. Hugs-Erika

Vee Cassidy said...

Your card is bee-autiful. I can relate, take care. Thank you for sharing at Stamping Sensations Vee xx

Ellibelle said...

What a fun birthday card! Love the bee theme and the "honey" part of the sentiment is so cute and fitting! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations!

HilaryJane said...

I know how it feels when preparing a post seems to take all day, it happens to me too. Your card is worth it though. all the different elements fit together so well and I love that foliage in the background, such a good idea. Thanks for joining us at we love stamping this month xx

Kelly Schelske said...

Oh so great Aimeslee!

Thank you again for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, I hope you play along again this time!

Suze said...

Lovely scene Aimeslee. I like the punny sentiment too. Hope you feel better soon. Thank you for entering the Easter and/or Animals Challenge at Incy Wincy Designs.

Jane said...

Another fab card. Sorry to hear you're not feeling so good, best wishes for a speedy recovery. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

New Creations said...

Such a fun-filled card with cute image and scene!
Thanks for joining at Cut It Up Challenges!
DT Vinita

Pat said...

Such a beautiful and fun card for your hubby and love the cute bees and the large letters look great, and the background stencilling is absolutely perfect. I didn't realise your meds have made writing up your blog posts so difficult and understand if you cannot get to come and visit my blog. Hope things settle down soon. x

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Lovely card Thanks for entering you card at Daisy chain Challenges
Geweldige kaart Leuk dat je meedoet met onze challenge bij Daisy chain Challenges
hugs
Claudia
DT Daisy chain challenges
https://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.com/
http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be
http://girlzrebelchallenge.blogspot.com
https://girlzcreativecrafts.blogspot.com

Doris Klein said...

Amazing work - I like it!

Thanks for playing along with our Challenge at Critter Crazy and good luck!

Hugs and please come back soon!
Doris
Kleido’s BastelStüble
*Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
*Owner*Critter Crazy Challenges
*List Manager* Challenges for Days
*DT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2

Heike said...

Eine tolle Karte und wunderschöne Szene. Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme bei den Sweet Stampers und viel Glück.

Heike

Lisa Bird said...

Wow an absolutely beautiful card design and a great matching sentiment for your card theme. Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog

Best Wishes Lisa xx

craftycard-designs.co.uk