Friday, March 4, 2022

Bee Well Soon Hexagon Shaped Card

 Hi all. Today I'm posting a hexagon-shaped bee-themed get well card I made several days ago and thought I'd posted. I just realized the shaped card challenge ends today. Oops. I have not felt well all week and I'm behind on my design team posts too. I see posting in my future this weekend, lol.
This is just a clean layered card, no distressing, inking or dimensional accents, but I really like how it turned out. Sunflowers have been on my mind because Ukraine is in my prayers. So when I went looking for an image, this one on Gecko Galz Bees Knees collage sheet caught my eye.
The honeycomb patterned paper is a digital paper from the Gecko Galz Honey Honey ATC Set. I played around with the color in PSE, making it a bit darker, then printed out and sprayed it with some gold Smooch Spritz shimmer spray. Then I dried it thoroughly with my heat gun.
I used Quickutz LifestyleCrafts (very old) nested hexagon dies to layer my papers and a Tulip Town Bee Wreath die on that. Then I fussy cut the image to layer on that. Then I stamped the sentiment (another old rubber stamp - I can't find it in my files who made it) and clear-heat-embossed it before fussy cutting and adhering.
I love how it looks different when the light doesn't pick up the shimmer spray. From this angle you can really see the element depth of the digital collage.
Inside, a mash up of very old stamps, Verve and My Sentiments Exactly.
A shot of the back. LOVE the shimmer spray on the digital paper, so glad I tried it. Hero Arts stamped siggies cut with one of the smallest hex dies.
And a final view. Thanks for visiting me and I hope you have a really nice weekend waiting for you! XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:

19 comments:

Carole J said...

How beautiful! I love the hexagons and the bee theme for your Get Well card - the sentiment and verse make me smile. I'm sure the lovely, bright colours and lovely images will brighten the recipients day!
Thank you, Amy, for joining the Birds and Bee challenges at Gecko Galz!
Hope you feel better soon! xx

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Happy Saturday Aimes! This is a show stopper. Beautifully made up. I love the hexagons. I'm glad to hear you bought the Blooms. You won't be disappointed. I'll e-mail you with respect to how I put it together. Lots of love--Bethie

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the happy Summer feeling of this card Aimes, it's beautiful, A lovely shape to go with the bees and flowers. Great insert sentiment also. Thanks for the visit, I don't mind your absences! I enjoy visiting and seeing your beautiful work. I hope Arthur hasn't been giving you too much of a problem. Speedy recovery wish for you.
Faith x

craftytrog said...

Absolutely stunning Aimeslee!
Hope you're feeling much better now.
Hugs,
Alison

Diane said...

Beautifully created shaped card, such pretty background and sunflowers! Thank you for joining our challenge at Four Seasons and feel better soon!
Diane FS DT {Nellies Nest}
{Four Seasons}

My name is Erika. said...

This card stole my heart. I love the hexie shape, and the bee theme. What a great background die cut, and the flower image is amazing. I really like the little swirly quote too. It's the perfect get well card. You've also got that big sunflower which works with the Ukraine crisis too. (Not sure if you planned that or not.) Anyhow , it is a beauty and I relinked up to you blog. Have a super start to the new week. Hugs-Erika

Darlene said...

FABULOUS creation my friend! Hope you are feeling better real soon! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back again soon.

Darlene
FOUR SEASONS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Bonnie Lynn said...

This is beautiful! I love how the shimmer spray looks on the digital paper.

Doris Klein said...

Wonderful creation with a lovely image and pretty colours!

Thanks for playing along with our Challenge at Critter Crazy and good luck!

Hugs and please come back soon!
Doris
Kleido’s BastelStüble
*Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
*Owner*Critter Crazy Challenges
*List Manager* Challenges for Days
*DT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2

ahlers5 said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! Oh well, I have to stop for now. Two kids talking to me at the same time. I can't think straight anymore.

Loose Stitches said...

Such a beautiful creation Aimeslee! Thank you for sharing with us over at The Creative Crafters. We hope to see you again.
~ Sherry DT/Admin xx

Donna Walls said...

Wow, absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your lovely project with us at The Paper Funday Challenge.
Donna
The Inspiration Station Challenge
The Paper Funday Challenges

Ellibelle said...

How very beautiful with these gorgeous colors, fabulous textures and design and loving the bee theme. The back and inside are so nicely finished too!
Thanks so much for sharing this month at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!

Cazro said...

Stunning, so much to swee. a wonderful collection. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz. Caz. DT

MagsB said...

This is a fabulous card, Aimeslee, I love how the card shape echoes the patterned paper. I hope you feel better soon. Thanks for joining in at My Time to Craft!

love Mags B x

Deanne Saunders said...

Beautiful card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CRITTER CRAZY challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Stay safe and healthy!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Wat heb jij een mooie kaart gemaakt, zeg. Echt tof!!! Leuk dat je meedoet met onze challenge bij Cardz 4 Galz
Awesome card Thanks for playing at Cardz 4 Galz
grtjs Claudia

DT Cardz 4 Galz
https://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.com/
http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be
http://girlzrebelchallenge.blogspot.com
https://girlzcreativecrafts.blogspot.com

Ros said...

This is beautiful, getting us ready for summer here in the IK

Suze said...

Bee-autiful card Aimeslee. I like the shimmery background behind your focal point. Thank you for entering the (Nature and Scenery) and/or (Home and Food) Challenge at Incy Wincy Designs.