Tuesday, January 25, 2022

The Christmas Card Making Begins Again!

 Hello peeps! Hope you are all well and your Monday weather was less dreary than mine. This past weekend the sun was wonderful but today in its place: clouds and cold drizzling rain. Brrr... That's okay, my craft room is where I hightailed it to and worked on finishing some Christmas cards. I have several cards in progress in shoebox lids that I did not get to for 2021 mailing, so I am determined to get those finished for 2022. With the wet cold weather, my joint pain is worse and my runny nose , too. Going to switch up my antihistamine so we will see.
I chose this card to work on first as there happen to be multiple challenges open right now that fit it, one being because of the cup focal element I'd already printed out from a Polkadot Orchard digital set:
I was also able to use up some scraps and some orphaned embellishments, which is always good, a wee bit less to look at and wonder how will I use. 
 
I originally had a 6x6" challenge sketch printed out to use but it expired so I looked around and found this very similar Creative Moments sketch. Once I resized it, I was good to go. I also took the rounded corners of the sketch for my card using my WRMK Corner Chomper.
For the vertical strip on the left side of the sketch, I got the idea to enlarge and print the candy cane from the digital set. The card base is cut from a 12x12" sheet of Bazzill. The patterned papers are from my stash of unknown miscellaneous collection papers received as freebies with orders. The green matting is from my scraps stash. I ran the chisel end of an umber Promarker around all the edges. 
Inside of the card has sentiments from the digital set and I've embellished with some orphaned snowflake and holly leaf vellum stickers.
On the back of the card I've used more of the unknown papers and scraps, a scrap of ribbon and a Spellbinders label die cut on which I've stamped an EKSuccess siggie in Versafine Clair Pinecone ink.
A close-up of the cup to show the glittery snowflake. I used Icicle Stickles pretty liberally. Also, you can't see in the photo but I colored the whipped cream with a white Posca pen and it created some texture.
And a final view. Thanks so much for visiting me and until next time, be safe - stay home and craft! xoxo

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
Sketch used and shown above
I was inspired by the subject, cup and colors
Snowflake, Sweets

17 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Another superb card and design Aimes, you excel at putting pretty papers together. Love the glitter and the sentiment. I hope your runny nose and joint pain improve with a higher dose of antihistamine. Dull miserable weather does none of us any good, we have had low cloud, darkish days and damp weather for over a week now, we need some wind to blow it all away!
Keep safe.
Faith x

Darlene said...

Wow what a fun & fabulous creation my friend! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons Challenge, as well as Inspiration Station and Peace on Earth! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back again soon.

Darlene
FOUR SEASONS CHALLENGE
PEACE ON EARTH CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE
INSPIRATION STATION
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Diane said...

Love this fun fun card, so cute and yummy! Thank you for joining our challenges at Four Seasons and peace On Earth!
Diane FS DT and POE DT
{Nellies Nest}
{Four Seasons}

Alyson Mayo said...

You are WAY ahead of me to be working on Christmas cards in January... mine don't get started until August or so. Love the bold colour scheme for your card and all the fishing details inside and on the back :)

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant card, great design for our challenge.… Many thanks for entering and hope to see you again soon. Good luck in the final draw.
[aNNie proud Designer for Peace on Earth Christmas challenges
https://thejourneyisthestarthere.blogspot.com/{My Blog}

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

I'm sorry you're feeling under the weather. The dull day you had is representative of my winters. Rarely is there a full sunny day which really plays with the mind.

This card is darling. The paper is perfect with your beautifully coloured image. You have alot of beautiful paper.

lauren bergold said...

such a fabulous combination of elements and a brilliant take on that sketch. plus the inside of your card is gorgeous and the back too??!! this really is as sweet as can be! so pleased you could join our celebration of holiday treats at JINGLE BELLES!

SmilynStef said...

What a great job on the sketch ... love how you combined all of the different treats ... so glad you shared your sweets with us at Jingle Belles.

Lynda said...

So fun and so very colourful - great design and use of the colours. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

craftytrog said...

A gorgeous festive card Aimeslee!
Hope you have a great weekend.
Alison

Monika Skinner said...

Beautiful card, Aimeslee! You really put a lot of work into it and I really like that you decorated the back and inside too. Thanks so much for playing along at STAMPlorations Theme & Photo Prompt Challenge. Good Luck!

Susan Renshaw said...

Lovely bright and bold card!
Thanks for sharing with Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge!

Rachael said...

Beautifully decorated both inside and out. I love how vibrant it is! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at colour crazy, good luck and see you again soon.

Donna Walls said...

Great card, love the papers and image. And the decorated back is an additional treat. Thanks for sharing your lovely project with us at The Inspiration Station Challenge. Donna

Vic said...

A gorgeous Christmas card, I love the colours and how strong and bold it looks. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us in this challenge at he Colour Crazy Challenge, Vic, D.T. X

Claudia's kaartjes said...

This is realy amazing. So nice. Well done Thanks for entering you card at Creative Christmas Challenge
Supertoffe kaart, echt geweldig Leuk dat je meedoet met onze challenge bijCreative Christmas Challenge
hugs
Claudia
DT Creative Christmas Challenge
http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be
http://girlzrebelchallenge.blogspot.com
https://girlzcreativecrafts.blogspot.com
https://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.com/

Helen said...

Fabulous card!
Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x