Sunday, January 23, 2022

Birthdays of Our Lives

 Hey There! Hope everyone is doing well and enjoyed the weekend. We're continuing to improve just a little every day. Usually our winters have days with highs in the 70-80's in between cold fronts and it's  always wild watching the animals and vegetation react like it's Spring, which means the pollens are worse. But it isn't supposed to get above 60 degrees F for the next week and if I stay inside as much as possible I stand a good chance of the cedar tree pollen not affecting me so badly. I also got some special eye drops to help with the dry gritty feeling. I did get out in the glorious sunshine for 20 minutes today, but I needed it. 😀 It felt wonderful!
I'm sharing a birthday card today for one of my girlfriends who likes red. I always have trouble finding the right shades of red ink! Anyway, I decided to go with Versafine Clair's Tulip Red which has a coral tinge to it, and I found some of what I call tomato red in my 12x12" card stock that goes well with it. I sponged some white card with the ink so that I could die cut the stamped CAS-ual Fridays hourglass's top and bottom bars and punch some hearts. The hourglass was stamped on white card with Versafine Clair Nocturne ink, then the hearts stamped with the Tulip Red ink.
 
I used a 2021 sketch #205 from Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2, sizing it to 6x6". The front has a sheet of  dot-foiled Paper Studio designer paper. I used the tomato red card and the inked card for everything else. The sentiment was created by me in PSE and was printed out on Springhill digital card along with the image. I die cut it and two red strips using a Lawn Fawn die. The sheer gold glitter edged ribbon is from my stash. The large heart was heat-embossed with gold ep. I added some gold photo corners to the matted image.
  
I did some coloring on my Gecko Galz collage sheet image of the woman, so I thought I would share a photo of my preliminary mock-up which shows the unadulterated "before" image. Next to it is a photo of the embossing folder I used to create the block of hearts elements and the Gold Brilliance ink I used direct to paper. The colorants I used were Promarkers and then Winks of Stella over that.
Inside the card I used stamps by CAS-ual Fridays, Impression Obsession and BoBunny, all stamped with Versafine Clair Tulip Red ink on a piece of Springhill Digital card.
I also colored the Paper Studio packages with my Promarkers on the back of my card, and I accented here and there with my metallic glitter gel pen. The heart-shaped MFT siggie was stamped on sticker paper and added to a larger punched heart from my stash.
Here's what the paper looked like originally. I do think that coloring it complemented the front of the card much better! 😋
 

 
Close-ups of the shimmer and shine, details of the stamp and die, the colored packages in back and the pretty girl contemplating and dreaming!
And a final view. Thanks for your visit today. Have a good, safe evening! xoxo

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
I used 2021 Sketch 205
Reds and Golds
CAS-ual Fridays hourglass and Lawn Fawn banner flag dies

23 comments:

Zoechaos said...

It is clear that a lot of thought and love went into the making of this special card, your friend must be delighted with it. thank you for sharing with us at River of Creativity xx

Janis Lewis said...

Pretty! Thank you so much sharing at Crafting Happiness Challenges.
Janis
Blog, Pause Dream Enjoy
Owner & Design Team, Crafting Happiness Challenges, Anything Goes
Design Team, Let’s Craft & Create
Design Team, Christmas Crafts All Year Round

craftytrog said...

A beautiful card Aimeslee, I love the image and quote!
Have a great new week,
Alison

Nat said...

Fabulous card! Thanks for joining in with my theme at PFM
Natx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! This is gorgeous Aimes, absolutely love everything about it. The embossing, the papers, the hourglass is inspirational. I have a card I have to make and your beautiful insert sentiment, would suit it beautifully, so I am going to pinch the words off you if that is OK. Please let me know if it's not?
Hope all is OK.
Faith x

SarahR said...

Hello there, such an elegant image and a gorgeous card - love the colour combo.

Thanks for joining in with us this time at Colour Crazy Craft Challenge this time, hope to see you again.
Sarah R
GDT - Colour Crazy Craft Challenge

Chana Malkah said...

A very pretty and very clever card! Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner

Jane said...

Reds and gold always give a card a sumptuous look, love yours. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

Doris Klein said...

Pretty make!

Thanks for playing along with our Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and good luck!

Hugs and please come back soon!
Doris
Kleido’s BastelStüble
*Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
*Owner*Critter Crazy Challenges
*List Manager* Challenges for Days
*DT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2
*GDT* Penny’s Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog

Elaine Stark said...

An elegant card. Thanks for joining Passion for Markers. Elaine

Tina said...

Oh, this is something very different, but I love the style, so cool. Thanks for joining us again at AAA Birthday challenge, hope to see you again. Tina

anne said...

Beautiful card Aimes and to me very reminiscent of Moulin Rouge.
Thank you for playing along with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2.
Anne SSW2-DT

In The Dark Designs said...

Very fun card. Lot of texture and beautiful colors. Thank you for sharing. Glad you joined our crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” January Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

A very delightful birthday card. Yes finding the tight shade of red can prove to be difficult. You did a lovely job Aimes --Bethie

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful card, lovely textures and details. THanks for joining 613 Avenue Create. Anesha

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card, love the image and design..
Thank you so much for joining in with us at 613 Avenue Create..hope you will play along again..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Chrissy said...

Beautiful, great take on the sketch, I'm useless at following sketches..
Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Chrissy DT  https://classicdesignchallenge.blogspot.com/

brenda said...

Better late than never as the saying goes. This is a fabulous creation Aimeslee and so much attention to details. Many thanks for sharing with us at River if Creativity January challenge.

Thanks for your kind message as well, Margo is still in hospital, a lot for a 20 week old to cope with but we think she has turned the corner.

B x

Jackie C said...

Just perfect for the Challenge!
Great project!
Fabulous that you have shared this with us here at Colour Crazy.
Good luck and we hope you will come back again! Jackie DT Member xxx

Nandini said...

Very pretty. Great to see you in the HLS Challenge gallery. Hope to see you again soon! Nandini, DT

Chana Malkah said...

Great use of patterned papers! Everything comes together so beautifully!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at A Place to Start!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner

Wei said...

So pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Birthday Card Challenge. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

Nonni said...

What a cool, artsy creation with mixed media feel! Love all the details! So fun to see you at AAA Birthday.