Monday, December 13, 2021

Happy Christmas Deer

 Hello and Happy Monday to you. You may remember I've made a couple of Christmas cards using We Are 3's Deer Silhouettes, including a rainbow colored version that I somehow printed 2 of. Today's card features that last rainbow image.
I've used Pink&Main's Frosty 6x6 designer papers, along with white card stock for the base and mats, actually to fake a feeling of snow, but looking at it now I think it might have worked a little! LOL 
  
I saw this Creative Sketchy Girls sketch and thought it would be a good layout for this card. As it is going to a married couple, I wanted to keep it masculine enough for a guy but with some Christmas beauty. So, I chose somewhat muted paper colors to let the focal image stand out.
The digitally-printed focal image was cut with a Spellbinders Classic Circle die and messily outlined with Promarkers, then matted onto a larger white die cut. The middle vertical piece behind the image was edged with some of my mom's white lace at top and bottom. I arranged several iridescent snowflakes all around as a finishing touch. This was a pretty quick and easy card to make, even for me! 😛
Inside a stamped Stamplorations sentiment and a sheet of KI Memories card stock that was in my stash.
The back features a Technique Tuesday stamped and circle-punched siggie along with more Frosty Collection papers. 
And a final view. Thanks for visiting me today and until next time, please stay crafty and well! XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
Xmas, Yuletide

17 comments:

Sugar Lump Studios said...

thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love your card. We are probably the very few that blog (or try) anymore. Everyone else is on Social media, which I am also but personal account FB have not posted in months. Anyhow, have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

ahlers5 said...

This card is stunning. I need to go browse around the "we Are #."

Antjes kaartcreaties said...

What a beautiful Christmas card you made for the couple Aimeslee. What a beautiful stamp with the deer. You also decorated the inside and the back nicely. Thank you for joining the Girlz Rebel Challenge 10.
Sincerely Antje DT GRC

cass said...

Pretty Christmas card. Thanks for joining us at the CHNC Christmas Weekly this week for our Anything Goes, with the option of quick and easy challenge.

Helen said...

Beautiful Christmas cards! LOVE your design! Thanks for joining us at Try it on Tuesday!

Doris Klein said...

Beautiful work! Love the colours..

Thanks for playing along with our Challenge at Critter Crazy and good luck!

Hugs and please come back soon!
Doris
Kleido’s BastelStüble
*Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
*Owner*Critter Crazy Challenges
*List Manager* Challenges for Days
*DT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2
*GDT* stamps & fun = CREATIVITY
*GDT* Cheerful Sketches Challenge Blog

Heather said...

This is really beautiful, Aimeslee, and I love the colors for the deer background! Fun papers, and such a cool layout, too! Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles!

Scrapping4funChallenges said...

Beautiful Christmas card!
Wishing you a Blessed Christmas and a Happy, Healthy, and creative 2022.
Rachelle DT
https://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com
https://rachellescreations.blogspot.com

Martina said...

Wonderful and romantic! Thanks so much for playing in CCAYR.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! Gorgeous, again I love everything about it, so many lovely details Aimes.
Faith x

pearshapedcrafting said...

It is a great design and I do so love the papers you used. The main image is so sweet! Thank you so much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday, hugs, Chrisx

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Glory be. This card is elegant, gorgeous and very very pretty all at the same time. I love the background to the silhouette. Very nice composition too.

Joan said...

Its a really lovely card, I love the colours you have used and your focal image is beautiful


Thanks for joining in at Try It On Tuesday challenge

Billie A said...

Wonderful colors and scene. So creative. Thanks for sharing over at Sparkles Christmas.

Deanne Saunders said...

Beautiful card!!! Thanks so much for participating in my CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR ROUND challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Stay safe and healthy!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

MagsB said...

Hi, Aimeslee, this is a beautiful Christmas card! So elegant! Thanks for joining in at My Time to Craft!

Happy New Year! (again!)

love Mags B x

Leanne said...

Another wonderful card, I like scenes and yours is great, and the little snowflake touches are perfect. Thanks for playing our challenge at Christmas Craft Creations! Happy Crafting!

Leanne DT/CCC Member

Christmas Craft Creations