Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Wednesday Sketch with We Are 3

 Happy Hump Day and hoping everyone is doing well! It's time for a new challenge at Outlawz Wednesday Sketch and I have my design team card to share with you. The challenge runs today 11/22 until 12/7. Click on the link HERE for all the details on how to join us!
Our sponsor for November is We Are 3 Digital Shop and I am working with:
 
Here is our challenge sketch and as you can see, I followed it almost exactly. 😇
The silhouette focal image and mat were cut with Spellbinders Classic Circle dies and the stars were punched. I'm going to be honest: I had a horrible time getting my new inkjet printer to print the silhouette and the paper without bad streaking. Then after multiple bad prints it let me know it needed a fresh ink cartridge. I had to end up printing the plaids on my Laserjet, only for it to tell me afterwards that it needed a new toner cartridge! I was ticked until I looked in my Amazon orders and was reminded I last bought one in 2016, so hey, 5 years I guess is time for new ink. At any rate, looking through the reject prints I found this image and fell in love with it! There were 2 of them on my printsheet, but that's all. I could not reproduce those colors digitally if I tried for a year. And I was pretty surprised the laser plaid looked 10X better than the inkjet plaid. I don't know what it is, I can print collage sheet images and colored digi stamps all day long with my inkjet. At any rate, I finally got all my elements printed one way or another, and it strangely all worked out...this time! 😌 Plus, there are portions of the bad prints that I will be able to trim down and use, I think. But that gorgeous rainbow-y gradation was all because of my printer and not my digital manipulations, just sayin'.
For the inside of the card, I stamped a Pink Persimmon border and a Stamplorations sentiment with Versafine ink. 
For the back I found a big scrap of DCWV Luxury Stack pearlized card and paired it with a Technique Tuesday stamped and circle-punched siggie and a strip of ancient MAMBI plaid scrapbooking border on a scrap of the blue SU card.
And a final view. I really do like how this one turned out, it was a nail-biter getting there, though, lol! Thanks for checking me out today and until next time, stay well and keep crafting! XOX
MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
I used the colors and the trees
Winter and Woods
I've used a tight woven ribbon with glitter thread for texture

33 comments:

Helen said...

Absolutely gorgeous card! LOVE the black and white checks!!! And perfect winter wonderland for our challenge at Try it on Tuesday! Thanks for playing!

Doris Klein said...

Oh what a pretty make! Love the image and the sentiment!

Thanks for playing along with our Challenge at Critter Crazy and good luck!

Hugs and please come back soon!
Doris
Kleido’s BastelStüble
*Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
*Owner*Critter Crazy Challenges
*List Manager* Challenges for Days
*DT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2
*GDT* stamps & fun = CREATIVITY

Lia said...

I lIke the black and white and that you have decorated the front and backside of the card!
Lia DT POE

Jocelyn said...

A very classy looking Christmas card. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT

Darlene said...

OH WOW! This is fabulous my friend! LOVE the gingham background ... really makes your beautiful deer scene POP! Great job of the inside & back too! LOVE IT!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth Christmas challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support on our new challenge adventure!!

Darlene
PEACE ON EARTH CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Pamela said...

I really like this Aimeslee, it's so smart looking.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

craftytrog said...

This is such a classy card Aimeslee! I love it!

SmilynStef said...

What a great little holiday scene ... so very glad you joined our banner holiday at Jingle Belles.

Granmargaret said...

Lovely work. Thank you for joining the Critter Crazy challenge, 12 months of Christmas cards, A Bit More Time to Craft, A Bit Extra, Christmas Crafts all Year Round, Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas and More Mixed Media. Hope to see you again next time.

Jackie C said...

Great sketch card, so well executed!
So glad you have shared this with us at 613 Avenue Create.
Please come back again!
The best of luck with your entry.
Jackie, DT member at 613 xx

Diane said...

Beautifully created and designed card! Thank you for joining our challenges at Peace On Earth and Double D!
Diane DD DT and POE DT {Nellies Nest}

dj said...

Gorgeous!! So much great detail on all sides!! Perfect for our "gingham, checks, or plaids" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! So glad you played along with us!!

Darlene said...

Me again ... you already know how much I love this creation! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Trees’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Melanie Hungerford said...

Love the combination of black and white checks, and just perfect contrast with the color in your silhouette scene! Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guys.

Vicki said...

Gorgeous Christmas card with the variants of Buffalo plaid papers. Your printer worked in your favor on the silhouette background. The colors are beautiful. Thanks for joining the Double D, "Tree" challenge.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

What a beauty! The scene is beautiful. I love plaid and looks terrific in black and white!

Mrs.B said...

A lovely card Aimeslee, the focal image looks fabulous - shame you can't re-create it until you next run out of ink!
Love the black/white plaid papers and the pops of gold stars.
Thanks for sharing this at Try it on Tuesday. Avril xx

Margarets designer cards said...

Very elegant christmas card, unusual in the black and white
Thankk you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT

Judy McKay said...

Lovely card. Very pretty and well designed. Thank you for joining us at at 613 Avenue Create this month. Judy DT

Billie A said...

Beautiful design, papers, images. I am so glad you shared over at Cardz 4 Guyz, Aud Sentiments,

Lisa Bird said...

Wonderful Christmas card. I love all your layers. Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog
Best Wishes Lisa xx
craftycard-designs.co.uk

lauren bergold said...

such a pretty card, and a fun interpretation of our blog banner! thanks for joining our JINGLE BELLES fun!

Ellibelle said...

Another fabulous creation! Beautifully designed all around!
Thank you so much for sharing again at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!

Helen said...

Beautiful card - thanks for sharing it with us at the Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog.

Helen x

Catie Cuddles said...

Love this. Firstly reindeers 💜 secondly that amazing patterned paper 💙
Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge blog.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT

Meggymay said...

A gorgeous winter scene card, I love those silhouette images. Thank you for linking with us at TioT's.
Yvonne xx

Chana Malkah said...

This is a great card, Aimeslee! I am going through a Buffalo Plaid phase and your card has enabled my desire to purchase a Buffalo Plaid planner, thanks for that!:D)

Thanks for sharing your wonderful Project with us at 613 Avenue Create!

Hugz,
Chana Malkah

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Lovely card. Thanks for entering you card at Girlz Creative Crafts
Deze is zo leuk Leuk dat je meedoet met onze challenge bij Girlz Creative Crafts
Grtjs
Claudia
DT Girlz Creative Crafts
https://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.com/
http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be
http://girlzrebelchallenge.blogspot.com
https://girlzcreativecrafts.blogspot.com
https://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.com/

Suze said...

Beautiful card Aimeslee. The papers have a fabric look to them. You did well getting 5 years from your ink - I'm lucky to get one year. Thank you for entering the red and white challenge at 12 Months of Christmas.

Joan said...

Such a pretty scene and I love the plaid card too

Thanks for joining in at Try It On Tuesday
Joan x

Ilonka said...

Youre card is so beautiful, thanks for sharing it with us at The Pearly Sparkles Challenge Blog.
Hugs Ilonka DT

Ilonka said...

Youre card is so beautiful, thanks for sharing it with us at Daisy Chain Challenge Blog.
Big hugs Ilonka DT

Deanne Saunders said...

Beautiful!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR ROUND challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafting day!! Stay safe and healthy!!
*Sorry for being so late commenting but please know that I have checked out your project and appreciate you entering my challenge!!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper