Friday, November 26, 2021

Outlawz Festive Friday on Black Friday

 Happy 'Black Friday', the biggest annual sale day on Earth! I've already bought a few pair of flannel lounge pants this morning...50% off. And I plan to check out some crafting items later on. I quit getting out to shop years ago, though, so all of my spending is the cyber kind. How about you? Do you still physically fight the crowds? I have a few friends who do, like a family tradition activity. 
Today is the beginning of a new 14-day challenge at Outlawz Festive Fridays, running until Dec. 9. Click on this LINK to for all the info to play. The graphic above shows the choices of themes for your cards.
Here is my design team make for the challenge. Our sponsor is Sheepski Designs and I am working with the image Snowmen Selfie. I used a white DCWV 6x6" card base and Fancy Pants Merry & Bright 6x6" paper collection. My image was printed on Springhill Digital card and the Sizzix Poinsettia dies were cut out from a thick winter white handmade paper from my stash. Green prills and green Stickles fill  the centers, and I outlined the leaves a bit with a Polychronos colored pencil.. I stamped and die cut a Lawn Fawn camera and stamped the Technique Junkies sentiment at left side and cut it with a Spellbinders labels die. The bottom Papertrey Ink sentiment was stamped and cut out with an MFT sentiment strip die. I colored the image with my Promarkers, adding Nuvo clear glaze to the snowmen's eyes, mouths and noses. I punched a handful of snowflakes out of Bazzill shimmering card and arranged them casually. I've also used a remnant strip of green embossed sheer ribbon in 2 rows underneath the poinsettias. 
 
For my layout design, I used Splitcoaststampers Sketch SC163, resizing to 6x6". 
Inside the card, I stamped a Stamplorations sentiment with Versafine ink. 
The back of the card has more Fancy Pants papers and a Technique Tuesday stamped siggie, colored a bit.
A close-up of the image to show the glossy shine made with the glaze and the glitter glue. 
And a final view. Thanks for visiting today and until next time, keep on crafting and please stay safe! xoxo

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
I hand-colored the digi focal image
My focal image is Whimsical and I have Xerox/Multiple snowmen and poinsettias
Winter

39 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

What an adorable snowman selfie image beautifully coloured, great use of the sketch and colours are great, thanks for playing along with us at Happy Little Stampers Christmas.

Rajani Rehana said...

Mind blowing blog

Pamela said...

I love this Snowman Senlfie image - another great card Aimeslee.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

craftytrog said...

I love those snow folk Aimeslee! A wonderful card!

Vee Cassidy said...

A sweet card, I like the poinsettias and added details to the snowmen. Thank you for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations. Vee xx

Darlene said...

This is awesome my friend! OMG these guys brought an instant smile to my face! Great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth Christmas challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support on our new challenge adventure!!

Darlene
PEACE ON EARTH CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Alyson Mayo said...

I love those snowmen with the various shades of green hats. The poinsettias in the corner are such an elegant touch on what is still a very whimsical card - nicely done!

brenda said...

A delightful and fun seasonal creation, perfect for our theme at Stamping Sensations, thanks so much for joining in. It would also fit in at: https://www.welovestamping.co.uk/ where our theme is also Christmas.

B x

Patsy Long said...

I love your snowman family Christmas photo. Beautiful image and coloured to perfection. Thanks for joining us in our Digi Doodle Studios challenge. Good luck with your entry. Patsy DT

Mrs.B said...

This is such a fun Christmas card, love the image of these jolly snowmen.
Thanks again for sharing at Try it on Tuesday. Avril xx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Brilliant card Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage challenge good luck Ginny DT for Creative Craft Cottage
My Blog As I do Rodos

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Super cute Aimes. The abundance of snowmen are the stars of the show. Nice decorating around the selfish. -- Bethie

Jocelyn said...

I love this image and the colours you have chosen. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT

Margarets designer cards said...

I love your snowman image, they lokk so happy taking a selfie, Lovely christmas card
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT

AlisonC said...

What a fun image of the happy snowfolk. So cheerful and beautifully framed. x

Leslie Miller said...

What a joyful crew they are and a very cute card! Thank you for sharing with us at Peace on Earth!

Cardsbykatefletcher said...

Thats a really lovely image of the snowman and really goes well with the sentiment you have chosen to use. Thank you for sharing i with us at Paper Fundays Challenge

Marie Bingaman said...

These guys are really too cute! I have this image, but I really need to get it printed out and USED!! I love your little addition of the camera in the snowman's hand at the top of the image too. Your whole card is wonderful! Thanks for sharing with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, and good luck! :)

~Marie B -DT

Ellibelle said...

What a cute snowman "selfie" card!
Thank you so much for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Toni said...

such a cute image!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a wonderful amazing and fun card, love the take on the sketch, the beautiful shades of green and those delightful snowmen. Love this Aimes. As for shopping on line? Yep! but, I also like to make a few presents and a little visit to the shops, although they are getting fewer more the shame. (The shops and the visits!)
Faith x

Tammy said...

What a gorgeous card Aimeslee, I love that image and all of the green, so fun! Thanks so much for joining us at Try it on Tuesday!
Tammy x

Helen said...

Such a sweet card!
Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

Chrissy said...

Such a fun image and great colouring..

Thank you so much for joining in with us at 613 Avenue Create..hope you will play along again..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Em Louise Fairley said...

So cute, Aimeslee! Thanks for joining us at The Rainbow Card Challenge. I hope we see you again soon.
Hugs,
Em, DT Coordinator

NanaConnie said...

Aimeslee, I adore your card design! Wonderful coloring and the poinsettias are perfect embellies. :-D Thanks so much for playing along with us in our "Anything Goes" challenge at Paper Funday this month. Good luck in the draw.
NanaConnie DT

Lisa Bird said...

Fantastic Christmas card design. I love the sentiment, this is something we have all said at some point :) Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog
Best Wishes Lisa xx
craftycard-designs.co.uk

Katy said...

This is fabulous! I love the poinsettias and the snowmen! I love his little camera! So awesome! Thank you so much for joining us at the Rainbow Card Challenge! :) Hugs!

My name is Erika. said...

Fabulous snowman card Aimeslee. I love that they are taking a selfie. Thanks for sharing with us at Try It on Tuesday. Hugs-Erika

Helen said...

Beautiful card - thanks for sharing it with us at the Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog.

Helen x

Kathy Krug said...

Wonderful papers and design. I love your happy snow men. Thanks for joining us at Peace on Earth Challenge Blog. We hope you will join us often.
Kathy
POE DT

ahlers5 said...

Oh my gosh, I love these snowmen. Great color choices.

Dawn Frost said...

Very cute! Thanks for joining Colour Crazy Challenges, good luck. Dawn DT

Crafting Queen said...

Beautifukl card. Thanks for joining 613 Avenue Create. Anesha

Chana Malkah said...

Your snowman family gathering is delightful! Thanks so much for dropping this off by our house at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner
A Place To Start, Owner
613 Avenue Create, Owner
Redora Lee Designs , My Blog
Shopping Our Stash, DT
The Color of Cards, Owner

pearshapedcrafting said...

Absolutely brilliant Aimeslee! They're cheery bunch, (just what I need at the moment) I love the design of you card too, Thanks so much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday, Chrisx

Suze said...

Stunning card Aimeslee. I like that you added a camera embellishment to go with the "photo" image and the sentiment. Thank you for entering the red and white challenge at 12 Months of Christmas.

Ilonka said...

Youre card is so beautiful, thanks for sharing it with us at Daisy Chain Challenge Blog.
Big hugs Ilonka DT

Deanne Saunders said...

What a sweet card!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR ROUND challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafting day!! Stay safe and healthy!!
*Sorry for being so late commenting but please know that I have checked out your project and appreciate you entering my challenge!!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper