Friday, August 6, 2021

Rustic Flowers Birthday for Outlawz Festive Fridays and Jan's Digi Stamps

 Happy Fri-Yay, Y'all!! Today's the start of a new Outlawz Festive Friday challenge! It begins today and runs through Thursday, 8/19. This challenge gives you themes to choose from and you can enter a different project as many times as you like. The themes this time are: Christmas, Summer, Food & Drink and Flowers. Our sponsor for the month of August is Jan's Digital Stamp Shop and I am using her digital set Rustic Flowers on my design team make today.
I really enjoyed making this card for 2 main reasons: I used Jan's pre-colored floral image as my focal, and I like combining a little shabby, (modern) vintage, and grunge in a clean and layered way. Ha! Got all that? When I say I'm eclectic, I'm not kidding! 😊 Anyway, when I can pull it off, it's a favorite style. And I feel like I approached success here. 
    
I've used Splitcoaststampers Sketch SC276 for the card front design, resizing it to 5x7" in PSE. 
All of the papers I used, including the card base was either Springhill Digital (what I printed or stamped on) and Prima's Melody A4 collection. On some layers I used Tim's distressing tool; on other layers I ink-edge-distressed with Brilliance Copper ink. I used some of my mom's beautiful pink lace and a Spellbinders flower die as a frame for the round Wild Rose Studio hand-stamped sentiment I cut with a Spellbinders Classic Circle die.
Woulda just look at the gorgeous coloring on the pre-colored image? No way could I ever do that, so I had to have the pre-colored beauty on my card! My neck pain's been high so not having to color was a Godsend...also now having an easy-to-use good quality inkjet printer is a blessing.
Inside of my card, I used mats of Prima pink and then layered on panels I arranged in PSE using more elements from the Jan's digital set. This time I used the flower stem drawing and colored them with my Promarkers.
The back of the card has more of the Prima papers and a hand-stamped Technique Tuesday siggie heat-embossed with Ranger Copper powder. I used a circle punch to cut it and on layered it on a scrap of the Prima cut with a Spellbinders Doilies Tear Drop die.
Here's a close-up of that gorgeous copper heat embossing. Yum!
 

More close-ups to try to capture the shine of the Brilliance copper ink on the layered paper edges and the copper heat-embossing on the sentiment. And I love the subtle texture of the lace .
And a final view. Thanks so much for visiting and until next time, Stay Well and Craft On!! XOX

MY CHALLENGES PLAYLIST:

1.   SplitCoastStampers Sketch SC276
4.   APTS #8 August 2021: What's Your Style -- #2/8  As I described the style of this card in the post above, it's a real favorite!
6.   CD Sunday Plus #66: AG w/USB,CD,Digi -- #1/3  Used Jan's Digital Stamps Rustic Flowers Set
9.   ABMTTC #143: AAG -- #5/xx
11.  The Crafter's Cafe' #271: AG -- #2/7   11 Challenges Max  

16 comments:

Carol said...

I just love flowers in jugs or vases and this is a beauty.
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

Pamela said...

The pre coloured image is beautiful - I love the stunning colours in the jug.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful! Love all the layers and embossing - gorgeous 😀. Take care and happy weekend! Hugs Jo x

Rain said...

Your artwork is GORGEOUS! Aimeslee, I love your card, especially the coppery-colours!! Lovely! :)

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful card, i love your vase of flowers
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT

Jocelyn said...

The mix works beautifully. Well done. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT

Kristine said...

Wow, that IS gorgeous! 🥰 I'll have to check out her shop, that's a new one to me. You've done a fabby job , love your papers, they compliment this image super well!

craftytrog said...

This is gorgeous! You do make the most beautiful cards Aimeslee!

Sladjana Perisic said...

It's an absolutely stunning card! I love all of the elements you've added. Thank you for sharing with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge. Good luck with your entry and hope to see you again.

Donna from Creative Pixie Designs
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Design Team

brenda said...

A lovely floral image and lovely to see you at Stamping Sensations but afraid pre-coloured images are not within our rules.

B x

Chana Malkah said...

Beautifully crafted, Aimeslee!
Hugz,
Chana

ahlers5 said...

I have a lot of cards to see today. I have been very distracted lately. Well actually not, I've been catching up on housework. Cards are the distraction! I have an appt. with a trainer from the gym tomorrow. I guess I can expect a sore day. I desperately need to strengthen my back muscles where the collapse is. Hopefully, he can help with that.
Now on to your beautiful card. Did you actually fussy cut that? The cutting is amazing. Wow! The entire card is amazing. I love how you finish every single spot on the card. Beautiful!

ClaireB said...

An absolutely beautiful card, and I love what you've done on to inside and back of the card too. Thanks for joining us at the Pearly Sparkles Challenge this month, good luck with your entry Claire DT

Sam I Am said...

You definitely pull off the shabby chic/modern vintage/grunge look...a hard combo I do not think I could do. Excellent job! Thank you for sharing your creation on A Place to Start Challenge blog, :) Samantha, DT member

Monica C. said...

This is so pretty, Aimeslee! You did a wonderful shop of showcasing that beautiful digi with your choice of papers and other embellishments. I really like it.
Hugs Monica

Chana Malkah said...

Very nice composition Thanks so much for playing along with us at A Place To Start!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner