Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Kind Monkey Business for Outlawz Wednesday Sketch

 Hello! Hope your Hump Day was grand. I was supposed to make this post this morning and had gotten most of it written a few days ago. But then forgot all about it. I guess I thought I'd done it. 😳 So, anyway, I will post it now and then work on adding my challenges.

Today I'm sharing my design team make for the new challenge over at Outlawz Wednesday Sketch. It begins today, 8/4 and runs through Tuesday, 8/17. Our sponsor is Sherry West Art and she has generously given us digital images to work with. First, here is the sketch for this time:

And here's my make:
Aren't these monkeys cute? I printed out on Springhill Digital card stock, colored them with my Promarkers and fussy cut them out. I cut an A2 card blank out of Recollections Heavy card stock, then I used papers from Echo Park's Jungle Safari 6x6 paper pad for the mat and top layer front and back, and for the front Neat and Tangled sentiment I stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with some Ranger green embossing powder. I love that the colors are bright and cheery!

I know I usually have more pics but for some reason I totally forgot to snap the back (which is just another yellow mat and jungle paper with a stamped siggie). This is a card for my sister-in-law and I left the inside blank for my handwritten note. Thanks for visiting me today and until next time, stay well and craft on! xox

MY CHALLENGES PLAYLIST:
3.   Creatalicious Challenge #216: AG + Opt. Animal -- #2/3 Option played!
7.   More Mixed Media August: AG + Opt. BRIGHTS -- #1/xx Option played!
8.   CHPPC August: AG w/PP -- #1/xx
9.   ABMTTC #183: AAG -- #4/xx

17 comments:

Alyson Mayo said...

Oh, this is so cute! I love all the greenery surrounding the monkeys and there is just enough colour in the monkeys to make them stand out. Well done! Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Dare :)

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a fun card! I love those monkeys, so adorable 😁. Happy August! Hugs Jo x

Creaine said...

This looks beautiful!! Thanks for joining us at Pearly Sparkles Challenge. Hope to see you again next time.
DT Ine http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so endearing and adorable. Awesome. This certainly is Outdoor Fun! Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Sparkles Monthly challenges.
Hugs
Cathy DT Member
xxxx

Furrbster said...

This is such a fun card,

Thanks for playing along with our Summer challenge at MAWTT,

Hugz Tinz

Tammy said...

What a fun card Aimeslee, love the monkeys and the beautiful background paper! Thanks so much for joining us at Sparkles Monthly.
Tammy x

Annie said...

This thank you card is adorable. The monkeys are so fun. Your sister-in-law is going to smile when she sees it.

Donna Walls said...

Fun card, I love Sherri West images. Your fussy cutting skills make me jealous but I digress....Thanks for playing along at The Paper Funday Challenge and best of luck in the draw! Donna

Twórcze pasje Danki said...

Cute and fun card, I love it. Great thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy Designs Challenges.
Wish you good luck and hope to see you soon.
Hugs
Danka
Twórcze pasje Danki {My Blog}

ahlers5 said...

This is so dang cute! I love those monkeys.

Stephanie Capelli said...

Monkeys are so cute! Thanks for sharing with Color Dare.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Adorable scene you created, love the adorable monkies. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble. Check us out at Double Trouble Challenge, you may want to join us there for our current critter challenge and/or future fun challenges. Have special random draws.

Melanie R said...

So cute - love the monkeys, Aimeslee! Great background, too. This will put a smile on your recipient's face. Thank you for playing along with us at Color My Heart Color Dare #455.

Susan Renshaw said...

Love the background!
Thank you for sharing with Color My Heart Color Dare!
Susan
Color Dare Challenges
Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

Cat Nowak said...

Super fun card! Thank you for joining us at Color Dare!

Monica C. said...

Great fussy cutting on those monkeys. You have patience!! lol That jungle paper is a perfect background for them. Sweet card.
Hugs Monica

Sandra Wright. said...

Hi Aimeslee, I love your card with those cheeky monkeys. A great entry for our challenge over at More Mixed Media, so please you have played along.
I hope you are keeping well..x