Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Outlawz Color Tuesdays Guest Design Time!

Hey there! Hope you are all well. It's time for my final make as June Guest Designer for Outlawz Color Tuesdays Challenge. A new challenge starts today and runs until July 12.

This is our challenge graphic. Use the 5 colors shown at the bottom and optional twist of a get well card. Use the photo as inspiration and share what inspired you.

Here's what I came up with. I used all the colors and made a get well card for the twist. No surprise here, I was inspired by the bold, bright colors. They reminded me of a rainbow. I also liked the window but not so much the view, so I chose this Eureka digi set as it reminded me of a really nice window view. :-)

    
I used SplitCoastStampers Sketch SC675, resizing to A2 in PSE for measurements. 

    
On the inside of the card, I used another Eureka image, printing out and then quickly running some Promarker color around the perimeter and then cutting with my deco scissors. The back of the card has a piece of designer I found in my stash. I want to say it's Lawn Fawn as well, but not certain. I cut it and the front paper mat with one of Penny Black's Antique Frame dies and then stamped the Lawn Fawn with Memento ink directly onto the paper.

The card base I used was one of several I cut one day to have a ready stack and now I cannot tell you for sure the brand.  For all the papers I used Lawn Fawn's Really Rainbow 6x6 pad. I colored the focal with Promarkers. The rainbow stripes mat cut with the Penny Black die and the diagonal striped mat and yellow mats were both cut with Crafters Companion Gemini Torn Edge Square dies. The Stamplorations sentiment die is cut 3 times and layered; the bottom layers are black and the top layer is Lawn Fawn. The heart-shaped enamel dot in the center of the image is by Altenew. 

Thanks so much for visiting me. I apologize for being such a bad blog visitor myself. I am having a really prolonged arthritis flare, but I will try hard to do some visiting. Until next time, stay well and craft on! xoxo

MY CHALLENGES PLAYLIST:
2.   QKR Stampede Challenge #422: AG -- #2/3 I've used Eureka digi Birds/Clouds/Mountains Set of 4 on the card front and Eureka digi sentiment May God Keep You on the inside.
5.   Happy Little Stampers June Anything Goes with Dies Challenge  -- Dies used: Crafters Companion Gemini Torn Edge Square dies, Penny Black Antique Frame die and Stamplorations Phrase Cutplorations die
6.   Allsorts Challenge Week 630: Use Designer Paper -- #2/3 I've used Lawn Fawn's Really Rainbow papers

14 comments:

Kathleen said...

A super 'get well' creation, lovely bright and beautiful colours and a great design. Thank you for joining our 'Use designer papers' challenge at Allsorts.

Kath x

Alyson Mayo said...

Oh, I love this! The bold and intense colours are fabulous. The addition of the window and the scene behind - wow! What a great card to send to someone to lift their spirits :)

brenda said...

An inspired design, thanks so much for joining in with our 'Design paper' theme at Allsorts challenge again this week.

B x

kReN said...

This image makes a wonderful sympathy card as well. Thanks for joining us at the PIP Challenge this week. kReN@afourthlife. Follow me at https://afourthlife.blogspot.com

Monica C. said...

Another pretty make, Aimeslee. I love how you used the colors from the inspiration image and the window element. That card would make anyone feel better.
Hugs Monica

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! Aimeslee, what a fabulous result of colouring the digi, I love that image, must look out for it. I love the striped paper background it certainly lifts everything, especially with the bright sentiment also. Love this. Of course your insert is so lovely also. A really beautiful card. I hope "Arthur" is a little better today.
I'm here with 2 hats on today so will say - Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at QKR Stampede Good Luck and looking forward to seeing you again in our next challenge.
Faith A DT

Nandini said...

Beautiful card. I love the graphic feel of the design. And the colors are beautiful. Great to see you in the Rainbow Card Challenge gallery. Hope to see you again soon!
Nandini, DT
Paint Paper Scissors

foleysfriend said...

Loving all the color of this card. I'm pretty sure it'll help someone feel better soon. I love how you created your four pane window - super clever. Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Card Challenge.

sue n.

Katy said...

This is a gorgeous card! I love all of the rainbow goodness! That sort of stain glass center panel is so pretty! Thank you so much for joining us at the Rainbow Card Challenge! Hugs! Katy DT :)

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Bright colours make me so happy 😊 your card is outstanding. Nicely colored. The window scene is so siren.

ahlers5 said...

I absolutely love this rainbow card. So beautiful!

craftytrog said...

A gorgeous rainbow card Aimeslee! xx

Karen Dunbrook said...

super cute, fun card.
xx Karen

Pat said...

The pretty view through the window has the look of stained glass and I love the die cut striped background and all in those wonderful rainbow colours. This is a bright and cheery card Aimeslee and is perfect with the 'feel better soon' sentiment. x