Hello again! Seems like I'm just working a craft assembly line over here, as it takes my mind off of my Arthurs pain. But, my brain is not attending to its assigned duties well -- I woke up today and realized I have a nephew's birthday coming up on Saturday and had nothing to mail him so I had to just grab and create.
So, I got out my Tim stamping platform and put it on top of my trusty 1/2"-thick Oct. 2013 Marie Claire magazine that I stamp on (it really helps!). I recently found some sticky grid paper that I added to my platform - it holds my card beautifully so I'm no longer wrestling with it pulling up with my stamp even secured with magnets. I inked the stamp up with Versafine Clair Morning Mist grey ink and got a very nice print, which I clear-heat-embossed and cut with one of my Tutti Designs stitched slimline dies. I next colored the grass and hay with Promarkers and ink blended a sky with Distress inks and a blending brush.
I used this SplitCoastStampers Sketch SC825, which I've used once before sideways as a tall card, but this time I used it as shown. The 3 column front is there, behind my focal image scene layer.
A close-up to show the heat-embossing on the stamped image. To stamp the sentiments on the card front I used some regular VersaFine in Majestic Blue (haven't touched the regular inks since I got the Clair inks a couple of years ago and yet it inked right up, juicy as ever. Gotta love that). Elizabeth Craft hay sentiment on an MFT die cut and MFT sentiments on a scrap card strip.
Thanks for your visit and I hope your week is going well. Stay well and until next time, Craft On! xoxo
MY CHALLENGES PLAYLIST:
2. Stamping Sensations June: "I Love ___" -- #2/3 I love stamping scenes, especially when they are all on one stamp! Probably due to me having been self-isolating since 3/1/20, but anything outdoors looks like fun to me lately.
3. Die Cut Divas: Bugaboo June Birthdays -- #2/4 Die cuts used card front: mat layer/focal image stitched slimline dies, vertical fishtail sentiment banner
5. Double D Challenge: Signs of Summer -- #1/3
6. Sweet Stampers #57: Birthdays -- #1/5
8. ModSquad Challenge: Masculine -- #3/3
9. A Place To Start June 2021 Challenge #6: Create Your Own Challenge -- #3/8 I chose Card / Birthday / Embossing
10. Aud Sentiments #277: Anything Goes + A Sentiment -- #2/5
12. The Creative Crafters #41: AAG -- #1/3
13. Inkspirational Challenge #241: Designer's Choice - Slimline Cards Incy Wincy Designs: Slimline or Shaped Card -- #1/5 Slimline Card