Friday, June 25, 2021

Berry Sweet Birthday

Hello again and Happy FriYay. Today I'm sharing a birthday card for my friend who had the stroke back in January and I think it's safe to say this is one of my "junked up" jobs that is miraculously still flat enough to mail! So you CAS addicts best just look away now! LOL   
This is a card with a removeable tag in a pocket. Here, the tag is inside the pocket. I used Recollections 110# Heavyweight card for the base and tag, 12x12 Colorbok Delilah paper for the card mats, and Springhill Digital for all the die cutting. I used a Spellbinders Card Creator pocket die, Elizabeth Craft Strawberries die, (very old but still works) Zip'E Cut tag die and a Spellbinders Labels 5 die for the inside sentiment.
My friend likes to read real books so she'll be able to use the tag as a bookmark and then display the card as a piece of art at her rehab. I tried making the card pretty without the tag as that is how it will end up. 
I used SplitCoastStampers Sketch SC06 but I've put it on a 5x7 card front. This is because the pocket die that is A-2 sized as is the sketch. I could have stretched it to be a 5x7 card front design, but the pocket die looked better with some card space around it. I also added a small Kaiserkraft sentiment tag to the tag in order to play in the current Tag Tuesday challenge.
After adding a birthday sentiment in PSE to the StarStampz Spring Strawberry digi, I printed it out to cut with the tag die, then colored her with Promarkers and Wink of Stella yellow glitter brush pen (her hair and yellow flower centers). I used my white gel pen to add accent marks to the strawberries and her eyes, and added washi tape to the bottom. To the top I added a tag reinforcer, the sentiment tag and a  die cut flower. I have an Elizabeth Craft sentiment that fit perfectly inside the square on the smaller tag - that was some good luck there! 
A shot to show the sparkly Wink of Stella in her hair and flower centers...
And the back of tag I covered with the Colorbok Delilah paper scraps and added a piece of pink polka dot washi tape and another flower to the back of the tag reinforcer. The camera on this photo made the paper too light, but it's same paper as the card front IRL, I promise!
I've only used this pocket die once or twice and always left it white and see-through. This time I colored it with Promarkers, and some yellow colored pencil and the yellow WOS in all the flower centers. The strawberry leaves, flower centers and berries are all colored with Promarkers as well. I accented the berries on the card same as on the tag with my white gel pen. I lined the back of the pocket with the Colorbok paper to make it easier to glue on the strawberries. 
   
Here's the inside and back, also photographing with untrue colors, sheesh. I stamped MFT sentiments with Ranger Archival plum ink on a Spellbinders label die; also a circle-punched EK Success siggie stamp with a strip of washi behind it.

And final views of the whole shebang. I thank you for visiting and I do hope your weekend leaves you refreshed and happy! Until next time, stay well and craft on! xoxo

MY CHALLENGES PLAYLIST:
3.   StarStampz #23: Tic Tac Toe --  #1/3  I chose Layers / Something New (StarStampz digi and strawberry dies) / Interactive (tag is removeable from pocket on card front)
14. Happy Little Stampers June: Anything Goes with Dies   Dies Used: Spellbinders, Elizabeth Craft, Zip'E Cut (details in post above)
15. AAA Birthday Game #26: Flowers   
16. A Place to Start June 2021 Challenge #6: Create Your Own Challenge -- #4/8  I used Card & Pocket / Birthday / 3D Embellishments  
17. 613 Avenue Create June 2021 Challenge #6: AG (Opt. Twist Not Played This Time) -- #2/8
20. Die Cut Divas: June Birthdays with Bugaboo -- #3/4 I used 2 Spellbinders dies, 1 Zip'E Cut die and 1 Elizabeth Craft die set

29 comments:

Monica C. said...

Oh my, Aimeslee, this is so pretty! I love all the detail and how fun that tag is on the card. I am sure your friend will be cheered by the beautiful art piece.
Hugs Monica

Cardsbykatefletcher said...

This is really cute, I particularly like the strawberry 🍓 thanks for sharing it with us at Paper Fundays Challenge. Kate Dt

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice work!!!

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful tag and card, thanks so much for joining us at Tag Tuesday. Have a great weekend, Valerie

Rain said...

What an amazing work of art that card is!!! And the tag is adorable...reminds me of the old Valentine's day cards! :)

pinky said...

What a lovely card and tag! I am sure it has cheered your friend up no end with the lovely bright colours. Thanks for sharing with us at Tag Tuesday.
Pinky

Chana Malkah said...

I love this, Aimeslee! Nice design and perfectly crafted!
Hugz,
Chana

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOWZER Aimeslee. This is gorgeous in every way. Such beautiful work.
Faith x

WendyK said...

Lovely colourful card with the tag pocket, thank you for joining us on Tag Tuesday.

Donna Ellis said...

What a beyond-darling pocket card, Aimes! I love those bright, summertime colors full of strawberry lusciousness! Your "junked up" beauties really spark my own brain with ideas, so please know that if your creations are "junked up", then I am right with you with their uniqueness and loveliness! I do wish for better days for you. It's so frustrating when our bodies will not cooperate. Wishing you all the best! love, de

Kristine said...

Ok this is my style of card 😊🧡 it's BERRYLISCIOUS🍓🫐🍒

Kuni said...

Very beautiful.
Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers and i hope to see you again.
Hugs
Kuni

Chana Malkah said...

Great card, Aimeslee! Thanks so much for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah,
A Place To Start, Owner
613 Avenue Create, Owner
Redora Lee Designs , My Blog
The Color of Cards, Owner

Vesna M. said...

Lovely card. The strawberry colours is so real. Berry delicious card! Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create. Vesna

Jane said...

Such a stunning use of colour, love the vibrancy and joy of your card. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting !

Helen said...

What a wonderfully fun surprise element pulling out that sweet little strawberry tag from behind the lovely floral arangement, Aimslee! It would be so exciting to get this one!! Thanks so much for joining us at HLS - Dies Challenge this month.

Shandy Davis said...

This card is soooo adorable!! I love the pocket the little girl and berry pop with color and the dimensional floral is gorgeous ! Thank you for joining us over at Paper FunDay,Shandy,DT

Leslie said...

Ah, super cute! Love the little gal and the strawberries. Sorry I've fallen waaaay behind in my commenting and decided not to back-track, so I'll start here and hopefully keep up going forward, lol!

Chana Malkah said...

I said it before and I will say it again, great card, Aimeslee! Nice composition and neatly crafted! Thanks for sharing with us at A Place To Start!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah,
A Place To Start, Owner
613 Avenue Create, Owner
Redora Lee Designs , My Blog
The Color of Cards, Owner

Ginny said...

Awesome creation. Thanks for joining us at Star Stampz Challenge. All the best!

-- DT Gina Ang --

Arlene said...

Very cute and I think would bring a sparkle to the eye and happiness to the person who received this. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our Birthday challenge

foleysfriend said...

Great card! So much to admire. Loving the strawberry theme on the card and tag. So sweet - OK - too much! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas.

sue n.

Rocky said...

Wow, all that gorgeous colour, a tag and it's still flat, great card. Thank you for sharing it with us at Paper Funday.

Jackie Cornfield said...

A lovely, fun card!
So glad you have shared this with us at 613 Avenue Create.
Please come back again!
The best of luck with your entry.
Stay safe and well.
Jackie, DT member at 613 xx

ahlers5 said...

The flowers on this card are stunning! I love the little tag on this, too.

Milla said...

Such a happy floral card, I love all the different elements! Thanks so much for playing at AAA Birthday!

Valérie said...

Your card is beautiful, I love the vibrant colors and the strawberries and the tag. Clever idea. Thank you for sharing your beautiful creation at Sparkles Monthly Challenges. Valérie DT

MiaPuh said...

Stunning card love all the details
Thx for joining Star Stampz challengeblog

Pat said...

I love all the pretty flowers and strawberries Aimeslee and the pocke using the die has work beautifully and the tag with the little lady holding the very large strawberries is so cute. A terrific card. x