Monday, June 7, 2021

Happy Happy Birthday

Happy Monday to you! Hope you are all fine and dandy. It's been overcast and raining so much here that my pain level is at Always On, lol. Sitting, standing...the only time I'm not feeling it is when I'm asleep. I'm having to create with many more little breaks built in and wearing my neck brace. Honey's been applying a lot of Ben-Gay, Biofreeze, Two Old Goats and the like to my back and neck/shoulders. And I'm stretching frequently. I'm getting by but it really gets old after awhile! Hoping things will ease up for me once our dry season takes hold.

So, for this card I started with some stuff in my miscellaneous UFAP's: a watercolor background done using the Wrinkle-Free Distress technique with Distress inks that I did awhile back and a Stamplorations butterfly I'd already stamped and fussy-cut. The card base is SU card stock and the white mat is Springhill Digital. I finished the edge of the background layer with a Stamplorations stitched die and I stamped the Stamplorations daisies with VersaMark and heat-embossed with white powder. I stamped the Stamplorations sentiment with 3 colors of Ranger Archival ink and cut it with a Tutti Designs stitched die.
   
I used the current Outlawz Wednesday sketch, but I took a few liberties with it. First, I resized it to 4.75 " X 6.50" (as that fit an orphaned envelope I wanted to use), then I put the 3 diagonal elements on the focal layer itself because of its larger rectangular size. Just for grins, I positioned the focal and mat layers a bit wonky and I used my punches to round some corners. Otherwise, everything's there. :-)

I colored the daisies with Tombow watercolor markers and fussy-cut them. I used a pretty lace washi tape to make the 3 diagonal lines at top left. After arranging and adhering everything, I added some flat sequins with glue dots.
Inside is a Uniko birthday sentiment stamped with Ranger Archival ink on a piece of Springhill Digital.

For the back I chose a DCWV Assorted 4.50x6.50 Stack Mat sheet of patterned paper and added a scrap from cutting the base along with some more washi and a Kaisercraft siggie stamped with Ranger Archival ink.
Here's a close-up of the daisies. I love how not using any black and keeping a lot of white brightens up this pastel look. As the background gave me 4 colors to work with, I tried to use each equitably.

And a final view. Thanks for visiting and until next time, stay well and craft on! 

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
2.   Stamplorations Spring Fling Linky Party -- #2/5  Stamplorations products used: Trendy Butterflies , Party Time and Bloom Sketches stamps, Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle Nesting die, Shaker Blends flat sequins  
3.   Stamplorations Never-Ending Anything Goes Challenge -- Stamplorations products used: Trendy Butterflies , Party Time and Bloom Sketches stamps, Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle Nesting die, Shaker Blends flat sequins  
5.   Happy Little Stampers June Watercolor Challenge: AG -- I watercolored the daisies and the background. 
7.   Colour Crazy Craft Challenge Week 21: AG with Colouring -- #1/2  I used watercolor markers and inks to color the daisies and background.
8.   Stamping Sensations June Challenge: "I Love ____" -- #1/3  I love bright pastels and white embossing powder! Butterfly, daisies and sentiment are all hand-stamped
13. Die Cut Divas June Challenge: Birthdays -- #1/4  I used a Tutti Designs stitched die for my sentiment and a Stamplorations stitched die on my background.

16 comments:

Cindy C. said...

How fun and pretty! Thanks for linking up to our June challenge gallery at Die Cut Divas.

Alyson Mayo said...

Great birthday card! I like the idea of sizing a card to fit an “orphaned” envelope… I’m sure most of us have more than a few of those laying around. Love the daisies :)

Arlene said...

I like the offset panels - adds great dimension. Great card for spring going into summer. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our Birthday challenge. Arlene

brenda said...

So beautifully bright and colourful, thanks so much for sharing a crafty 'I love....' with us at Stamping Sensations June challenge.

B x

Jane said...

Beautiful, bright and happy card! Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Lots of beautiful details and love the take on the sketch Aimeslee, always beautifully finished cards with insert and back of card too, Love it.
Faith x

Ashwini Rao said...

There's definitely a lot going on in your card! Love the look of the butterfly and the flowers, and your lovely watercolor background. Thank you for joining us at the HLS Watercolor challenge!
PS: Hope you are rid of that nasty pain soon! Prayers!

Chana Malkah said...

Your flowers are gorgeous! Lovely creation! Thanks so much for your submission to our challenge at A Place To Start!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah,
A Place To Start, Owner
613 Avenue Create, Owner
Redora Lee Designs , My Blog
The Color of Cards, Owner

Meggymay said...

A beautiful Birthday butterfly card, love the colours and design. Thank you for linking with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
Yvonne xx

Pat said...

Beautiful card, lovely bright colours, thanks for sharing at MTTC.

Pat xx

Linby said...

This would brighten anyone's day - so beautiful and colourful. Thank you for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

Nananas said...

I love that watercolor background and gorgeous flowers! Thanks for joining our AAA Birthday challenge!

Tracy said...

Thank you for joining Stamping Sensations with your entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Monica C. said...

That looks lovely, Aimeslee! Those daisies are lovely and I do like them done in white embossing powder. The background is also lovely, the soft look is so pretty.
I am sorry you were hurting. Maybe now you are melting like we are here in Arizona.
Hugs Monica

Mrs.B said...

Summer in a card springs to mind with this one Aimeslee, love the bright colours and pretty flowers.
Thanks for sharing at Try it on Tuesday and Stamping Sensations.
Hugs, Avril xx

Valérie said...

Beautiful birthday card, Aimeslee. Thank you for sharing your beautiful creation at AAA Birthday and hope to see you again. Stay safe and keep crafting! Valérie DT