Hello there - Hope everyone's just peachy and keen! I took some time to play in my Stamping Journal. It helps me relax and make something just for me, and that is what I needed. I was influenced by multiple challenges (as usual), including a couple that closed before I finished, but I had fun and that's the important thing. :-) This is my 3rd page in my 7x7" Stonehenge spiral water color journal and I try to keep it calm and simple without any paper collage so my focus stays on using my stamps and stencils more.
I always try to play at Art Journal Journey when I can and this month Elle has been hosting the theme of Language. Well, I dearly love poetic language and this poem in particular. I love Morning Glories and Moonflowers, and it's like they have a language, too. When a Morning Glory blooms every morning, it's like it's saying Good Morning, How Are You Today. The Sisterhood and Stamping Sensations have flower challenges still open. When I saw Inspiration Station's sheet music photo, I thought, well I love music too and that's also a language. And so it continued until I ended up with what you see - not shabby chic, but a nice little vintage look.
I began by stamping the Impression Obsession Serendipity Morning Glory stamp with Versafine Clair Morning Mist ink and the Stamp Magick poem stamp in Versafine Clair Pinecone ink. I dried both with my heat tool. I cut a stencil with removeable sticker paper and Lawn Fawn's Puffy Cloud Border die, then got out Tim's Concerto Layering stencil and some DI Speckled Egg and a blending brush. I used the cloud border as a mask and stenciled the background with ink. I also used the negative of the border die cut at the very bottom. Then I removed both mask papers and kept adding ink to the edges until I was happy. Then I colored the flowers, where I played around with combining Promarkers with water colors and then Inktense pencils. Finally, I inked up a few lace border stamps (Deep Red Stamps and Crafty Secrets) with Ranger Archival Shadow Grey ink and stamped randomly using my finger pads instead of a stamping block.
So that's it for now. Thanks for visiting! XOX
MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
4. A Place to Start 2021 May Challenge #5: AG -- #5/8
5. 613 Avenue Create 2021 May Challenge #5: AG + Opt. Mood Board -- #3/8 Mood Board elements used were the color green, flowers and lace
7. Creative Moments #215: AAG -- #2/3
8. Inspiration Station #6: Photo Inspiration -- The photo inspired me to think of music as a language and to ink up Tim's Concerto stencil for my background.
9. I Love Promarkers Challenge #436: AG + Opt. Garden or Outside -- #2/3 Option played and Promarkers used.
10. TFJB Challenge 5/19-6/1: Anything Goes Vintage or Shabby Chic -- 10 Challenges Max