Sunday, February 7, 2021

Spring Chicken 65th Birthday

 Hello and happy Sunday! Hope it's a good one and your weekend has been as well. We suffered through a day earlier this week in the high 70's (eegads!) I was like, dang, don't do that to me. I think I sweated a little! :-)))) But then it began raining and now it's our kind of cold again (which is really just a bit chilly to anyone up north lol -- low 40's at night, low 60's daytime).  I want to THANK all ya'll for the prayers for my stroke victim friend and for me. She's making baby steps of progress and I am doing no worse which is a good thing. It feels wonderful knowing prayers are lifted for us and we both appreciate it! 

Now onto my card I want to share with you today. Another girlfriend is turning 65 and seriously, she doesn't look a bit different than she did in high school, so I went with that as the humor, which is easy to do using Bertha and Sandra, these crazy chicks from the brilliant mind and talented hand of Beccy Muir at Beccy's Place

  

I used the current Outlawz Wednesday sketch, resizing it a bit to 5.75" and then turning it upside down. I wanted the sentiment I created in PSE on top. I added it to a stenciled strip wrapped with baker's twine as per the sketch. I also arranged the section below that in PSE using the images and sentiments from the Spring Chickens set before printing out. I added the "65" to the egg Sandra is "hatching".

The card base is a 5.75-inch folded square of card stock in a sunshiny yellow and I matted it with a sheet of green from Basic Grey's Cupcake designer paper collection that I've used throughout the card. The girls were colored with Promarkers matching the BG paper colors.

I created a background on my printed white card stock for the girls to have their conversation. I used a Creative Coach chicken wire stencil/mask set that I've for years. I also printed the scene out on copy paper and fussy cut the girls to create masks which I secured with a few removeable glue dots. I stenciled some Dandelion yellow Memento through the chicken wire mask with a blending brush, then used the stencil with some Palette Landscape green ink. When I pulled up the stencil to admire my work, it struck me how sterile and perfect...and boring it looked, so I gave in to my wicked side and intentionally laid the stencil back down a snooge over from the first time and stenciled again. My first thought was, well I've ruined it and then I answered myself, GOOD! (Hahaha, it's hard trying to break my perfectionistic tendencies. I also later realized I didn't even need that mask. I could have have just covered the background with yellow and then used the stencil. Live and learn!) So, my naughtiness done, it was in for the penny and pound, so I took the blending brush and added smudges of green ink here and around the edge to ink-distress it more. I did the same to the top strip behind the twine.

I lined the inside of the card with more Basic Grey Cupcake papers and added the sentiment I created in PSE.
For the back of the card, more BG Cupcake papers and a Technique Tuesday hand-stamped and punched siggie. This is the color palette I matched the card front coloring to.

And a final view. Thanks for visiting and until next time, stay well, safe and warm! XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
2.  Beccy's Place Feb. Challenge: AG using a Beccy's image + Opt. Food -- Option played! Hoping an egg counts as food! I ate one this morning! heehee I used Spring Chickens digi set.  
3.   2 Crafty Critter Crazies Feb. Challenge: AG with a Critter -- #2/3 Chickens using sponsor digis
5.   Imagine That Digistamp Birthday Celebration Challenge Feb. 1-7: Ribbons and/or Bows -- I've used baker's twine on my birthday card.  
6.   Happy Little Stampers Feb. Stencil Challenge: AG -- I used Creative Coach stencil/mask for the chicken wire focal background.  
7.   The Sisterhood of Crafters: Create Your Own Background --  #3/3 I stenciled a background.
10. NBUS Challenge # 23: AG with Never Before Used Schtuff -- (10 challenges max) I am using the stencil/mask and the digi stamps for the first time. 

13 comments:

Kristine said...

HAHAHAHA!!! I about fell outta my chair with this one. Tooo funny! Love the sentiments AND the images of course, but ya, she will LOVE this card. Thanks so much for playing in my BIRTHDAY CHALLENGE at Imagine That Digistamp this week!
Cheers,
kris

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! Aimeslee, I'm chuckling out loud at this and the sentiments and the wonderful chickens. Your friend will have a good laugh at this and marvel at it's beauty too. Another Super card as always.
Hope you're feeling OK with that brace still on and I hope your foot is OK-ish?
Keep safe
Faith x

Leslie said...

Hilarious! I love this and I know your friend will too! Gotta love an awesome sense of humor!

Donna Ellis said...

So glad to hear you are feeling better, Aimes, and I hope you continue to enjoy better days. Your Beccy Muir card is beyond funny! Loving the way the sentiments work together, and that beautiful background with the chicken wire! Fantastic artwork! big hugs, de

Beccy said...

Your posts are always so entertaining Aimeslee! I enjoyed reading about how you created the background, and even had a chuckle when you described giving in to your "wicked side"... which was a good choice! The background is awesome and gives your card so much interest and depth. Love it.
Thank you for the lovely compliment too, I'm going to make sure I read it out to my hubby and kids tonight. Heh heh!
Cheers,
Beccy

ahlers5 said...

This is such a great birthday card! I love those chickens. I have them, but have not used them yet. Someone will get a good laugh out of this.

KraftyKoolKat said...

Thank you for the humour of this great card, your friend will love it. Thank you so much for entering your lovely creation at Sparkles Monthly Challenges.
Hugs
Cathy DT Member
xxxx.

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant card Aimeslee and fabulous background you created-love the fun image and sentiment -Yes I am fine thanks and good to see you and your friend are doing well too.
Carol x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oooh! Cruel but funny....I'm sure your friend will love it too! Love the smudgy stencilling! Hugs, Chrisx

Tammy said...

This is so cute and fun Aimeslee! I love the images and fabulous chicken wire background! Your friend is going to love this card. Thanks so much for joining us at Sparkles Monthly.
Hugs, Tammy

Alyson Mayo said...

This made me laugh out loud! What a great card for a friend reaching that 65th milestone birthday! Love everything about it :)

sweetpea said...

A really fun card. Thanks for sharing it with us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Janet DT

Darnell said...

What a fun and funny card, Aimeslee! Your young-looking friend will love it! I had to chuckle at how you intentionally made the background look, um, rustic and you were right to listen to your inner muse. It's perfectly imperfect!! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Take care and keep safe! Hugs, Darnell