Omygosh, it's cold! I know I sound like such a wimp. Happy weekend! I have a birthday card to share for Honey's brother who is my age and that means it's his 65th birthday. He's a big fisherman, so I was happy to go with that and create an easel card featuring a little scene at the lake using a mash up of six stamp sets from different makers: Hero Arts' Lake Time Fun and Pier at the Lake; Sweet n Sassy Landscape Silhouettes; Happy Little Stampers Smile!; My Favorite Things Anything But Basic Birthday and Leave Memories Diva-fied Fonts. I also used Lawn Fawn and Spellbinder dies.
Saturday, February 13, 2021
Smile, You're 65!
Okay, while I'm on a roll listing supplies, the designer paper I used was a few sheets from WRMK's 6x6 High Five pad, which is nature and guy oriented. The white card stock easel card base was made by Ginger Adams in a pack of 6. I bought it so long ago I cannot remember where.
My coloring agent for all of it were my Promarkers. I committed to a bright blue sky, which was easy enough. For the water, I covered it entirely with a blue-green shade and then went over that with an aqua shade, all very quickly, then stopped because I liked it. I used a dark C-5 gray to make a few rough shadows after stamping the fisherman, dock and foreground vegetation. I basically stamped/colored top to bottom and done. Lots more I could have done, but lately I've really been trying not to feed my perfectionist tendencies and stop if a card looks good enough.
Here's a close up that shows the tree line on the far side of the lake and captures a teensy bit of the Wink of Stella shimmer on the sun and the water, albeit as tiny dots. I played around with the Sweet n Sassy landscape stamps, first stamping the fir trees in Versafine Clair gray, then a different tree line in front of that in green. There are 2 deer in the center. I think using Clair on Clair made the green fade out and the gray kind of looks like a morning mist to me, and I like the effect. I cut the sun and the clouds from the sheet of yellow dp I used on the front stop (that I stamped the Smile sentiments on) and adhered with glue dots to give it a bit of dimension. The yellow paper looks distressed and has sections of white in it where I die cut the clouds.
MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
1. Die Cut Divas: Fun Fold Time with Hero Arts -- #1/4 I made an easel card for my fun fold, and I used Hero Arts' Lake Time Fun and Pier at the Lake stamp sets.
2. Sparkles Monthly #136: Big Birthday with a 0 or 5 -- #3/3 Recipient's 65th birthday, as noted on backside of card.
3. Stamping Sensations February Colour My World -- #1/3 I have hand-stamped the card front scene in bright colors.
5. The Sisterhood of Crafters: Smile like the Sun: Use the word Smile or use a Sun -- #1/3 I've done both :-)
6. Aud Sentiments #268: Sentiment + AG -- #2/5
9. Passion for Markers Week 578: Celebrations -- 65th Birthday
10. NBUS Challenge #23: AG with Never Before Used Schtuff -- This my first time to use the Happy Little Stampers Smile stamps, these 2 SNS Landscape stamps, and the WRMK designer paper.