Sunday, February 14, 2021

Happy Valentine's Day!

 Hope everyone is having a nice Sunday! It's quite dreary here - cold, cloudy and drizzling, with snow forecast later tonight. It will just be a dusting but I'll try to take a few pics if it happens. We are cozy now and have our game plan: keep the faucets dripping at both ends of the house, pipes and plants are covered, and cranking up the heat. Now, I just wish I was a bear and could hibernate until Friday, may try it anyway! I feel for all y'all in similar or worse weather. 

I decided to go humorous for my husband's Valentine's card: Punny for Honey! And, I also went with digital stamp images from Imagine That Digi Stamps. I used two of Kris' sets that I've had for awhile but have never used: 
  
With all the stress and effort in getting ready for this storm, I went the most digital that I've ever gone with a card. I used all pre-colored images. They were already to go as I had printed them last year, hoping to use. So this was a quick card to make, but the best part was, no stress! Omygosh, I felt the difference!

I had printed them on glossy presentation paper and was amazed at how unfaded they were! I still love to color by hand and always will, but it's comforting to have a good Plan B in the wings.

I matted the front and back with SU card stock and on back, I adhered another ITDS image along with a Technique Tuesday siggie and then a Lawn Fawn die cut out of Recollections 110# white card stock. I used a shim and it cut like butter, plus it retained its shape as I was adding glue and did not stretch out hardly at all. 

This card is 8.5x 6", a weird size I had no envies for, so I made one with a 12x12 scrap sheet. I literally placed the card diagonally in the center of the sheet and folded around it, used my scoring tool to crisp the folds, then glued it. I was pleasantly surprised!

Now, onto our Valentine's Day. I had requested latex rainbow roses last year instead of real, and I have enjoyed them so, so much (no maintenance and they last longer than real). So this yer I requested pink tulips. Honey did not disappoint! I surprised him with 3 flavors of Daelman's Authentic Dutch Stroopwafels to try. I had to help, of course. They are very delicious and shipped in perfect shape! Not one crumble, smash or break. All varieties are good, but my fave is the chocolate. Honey's fave is.the Honey one..DUH! heehee

This year's cards we exchanged on display where last year's roses sit. Honey's card to me color-matched the tulips. <3 I did not notice it until I looked at the pics, or I would have taken a pic of them together.

I save all our received cards and decided to decorate the bar with some of the prior year Valentines cards that Honey and I have exchanged. Here's a funny: I did not realize, and neither did Honey, that he gave me the same card two years! Hahaha One's a little larger than the other, but inside word for word inside and out the same. 

And my little art corner. I made the Mail Art 4x6 in front center, but all of the displayed ATC's are ones I received during my swapping years. So, "Mail Art" is pretty fitting, don' you think? winkwink

Thanks for visiting. Hope you had a wonderful day and a good week ahead. Stay warm and dry! XOX

MY CHALLENGES PLAYLIST:
6.   Time Out #181: Photo Inspiration -- I was inspired by the colors, the hearts and the roses!
7.   Scrapping 4 Fun #185: Friendship, Wedding, Valentine Themes  --  #3/3 cards   Valentine Theme
15. Mod Squad Challenge: All About Love (Word Must be on Front) -- #2/3  Well, it's spelled LLOVE for the llama pun, hope that's okay!

21 comments:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

This is such an adorable card. Those llamas are just too cute. It's nice to have a back up plan. Unfortunately for me, I no longer own a coloured printer. But when I had it, it was nice.

Stay warm, and stay safe!

Lia said...

Your card is so very nice. I like that cute digi!
(by the way: the Dutch stroopwafel factory is just 4 km's from our house! The original stroopwafel is made with syrup: the other flavors are made for 'foreigners''....). Enjoy!!
Lia DT S4F

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What wonderful cards and gifts Aimeslee, you lucky pair. Absolutely LOVE your cards.
Faith x

Angie said...

Super cute card! Thanks for joining us at Get Creative Challenges! Angie-DT/Owner

http://angiesdigitalstamps.blogspot.com/
http://getcreativechallenges.blogspot.com/
https://simplycreatetoo.blogspot.com
http://angiescreationsblog.blogspot.com/

Shona Chambers said...

What a wonderful Valentines Day you two had, so wonderful to be still that much in love!! I love the llamas for your card, they are punny and cute, and the printed images are perfect for sharing your love. Hope you are doing well with your storm, its Summer here in NZ so won't tell you how lovely it is in the sun.....so happy to see you at TIME OUT!

Susan (rainy) said...

Love the play on words! Super cute.

My name is Erika. said...

That is a really fun card with llamas. They are so cute. And I hadn't heard of latex flowers, but they are really amazing and look real. I'd go for them too. Nice how you can enjoy them all year, or even put them away for a bit if you want to change seasons. Thanks for sharing your cards with us at Try It On Tuesday. Hugs-Erika

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful card! So much fun too with the Llama images and sentiments - perfect 😁. I loved seeing your Valentine's decorations around your house too! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! Hugs, Jo x

ahlers5 said...

Wow, what a wonderful post to read. I hope you are doing okay. I have heard on the news that a lot of Texas has lost power and it's pretty cold. I love your card. Every once in a while I decide to use the pre-colored option. It sure saves me work. I love the images you chose. I also love your display. We didn't really do too much for Valentine's Day this year. I didn't want anything and neither did he. I love the tulips...so pretty. I wouldn't have to worry about my cats eating them as they do any other flowers I get!

Judy Woodland said...

Super sweet cards, I love them all. "I love you a Llama". How very clever, I smiled all over my face when I read that. Great take on the challenge, thank you so much for participating with us over at the Mod Squad!!
Judy~ Mod Squad Challenge Designer
{Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!


TRACEY MO said...

HOW CUTE!!
Just love them great layout & colouring
Thanks for playing at MTTC Tracey DT

Scrapping4funChallenges said...

Adorable card! Enjoy those "Stroopwaffeles"! They are so good!
Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges.
Rachelle DT
https://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

Monica C. said...

You card is cute and sometimes one has to go digital. I like to combine the two, so I have digital and hand coloring to make something truly one layer.
Your Valentine's Day looked like fun. I played hooked this year and bought a card.
Hope you are keeping warm!!
Hugs Monica

pearshapedcrafting said...

A brilliant post Aimeslee -I think you and I are lucky with our husbands being romantics! I love the Llamas and the funny sentiments! Hope you are warmer now! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday! Chrisx

Caz said...

Love this...Beautiful make..Thank you for sharing with us over at Moving Along with the Times...
Caz xx DT

Lynda said...

So adorable. Sometimes a pre-coloured image is the way to go. thank you for joining us at HLS CAS Challenge xx Lynda DT

Nonni said...

Very fun card and I love your use of pre-colored images! The llama theme is super cute. Thank you for joining us at Time Out!

Christi Conley said...

What a fabulous card you made Honey :) And too funny that he gave you the same card twice - hey, there are very few cards out there in the stores that he likes!! Thanks so much for playing at Paper Funday Challenges and best of luck :) Christi DT

Regina said...

this looks adorable!
Thanks for joining us at the Paper Funday Challenge!
Greetings Regina

Kristine said...

Love your PUNNY Valentine Aimslee!! Super cute, and the roses are gorgeous, both this year and last! Love how you decorated the bar with the cards :) Thank you so much for sharing in my Customer Gallery! I'd hate to miss out on seeing what crafters do with Imagine That Digis ♥

MA-MI said...

Thank you for sharing your creative talents with us at Happy Little Stampers.
I wish you a lovely day!
Maja, DT HLS