Sunday, January 24, 2021

Life is Like a Camera

 Howdy, everyone! I am celebrating another one of my cards finally making it over the Canadian border, this time to my dear friend Bethie. I met her long ago when I joined Technique Junkies Newsletter and she was on the design team where she still is today. Since I wasn't able to do Christmas cards, I wanted to make her a New Year's card. 

I also wanted to use one of my favorite TJ stamps on it. I combined two TJ stamps sets: Like a Camera and Butter My Butt, along with a Clear Dollar Stamps alpha set to make the 2021 sentiment (all hand-stamped). I love the illustration and all of the advice and of course, that Southern saying, lol. I used Promarkers to color the middle section of the card. I kept it flat for mailing.

  
I was inspired by Split Coast Stampers Slimline sketch SC814, resizing in PSE to my standard slimline dimensions of 4 x 9.25" before printing out so I could use the triangles as templates. I like those dimensions because they fit a #10 envie perfectly, as those are the ones I use.

My card base is Springhill card stock and all of the designer papers are from Echo Park's 12x12 Creative Agenda collection which includes journaling cards, graphics and alpha stickers and borders. On the front I used one of the triangle borders along with the camera print paper and another print for the triangles. 

Inside, I hand-stamped the Autumn Leaves circle on the left and then printed out a Digi Doodle sentiment from Champagne Wishes.

On the back, I've used more of the camera print paper and a few of the paper collection's cute graphics stickers along with a Hero Arts siggie stamp.

And a final view. Thanks for visiting me and I hope you are staying well and warm! Until next time, XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
4.   Passion 4 Markers #575: AG -- Promarkers used
5.   Inkspirational #231: Inspired by Photo -- Colors, especially the teal, and the body shape is like my slimline card shape. 
7.   MAWTT #126: NEW -- #2/3 New Year card
8.   I Love Promarkers #427: AG + Opt. Food -- #1/3  Option not played this time
11. The Crafters Cafe' #258: New  (11 challenges max) -- New Year card

21 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Brilliant card . Thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers challenge. Good luck Ginny DT for I ♥promarkers
My Blog As I do Rodos

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Thank you for my lovely card! Great sketch. I love the slimline you chose to go with. Im currently liooking at some slimline dies. You have great colouring skills. Thanks again Aimes!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

She will LOVE this card, it's unique, clever and beautiful Aimeslee.
Keep safe and well.
Faith x

ahlers5 said...

I love this card, as I do all of yours. There is always so much detail. I think if I could calm my brain down for a while I might try to be more creative. My daughter and grandkids always seem to keep me so busy. This weekend they were in Vegas, so I had to take care if their dog. Of course, I have three cats that have never seen a dog, so that did not go well. I had to bring her back home and constantly drive over there to take her out. Then the day they got back was my husband's birthday. For being retired there is never any downtime. I even have to watch the kids tonight so my daughter can practice her music for church. I should tell everyone I'm going on vacation and just not answer the phone! By the way, I found one more die. I finally found a few minutes to organize my Spellbinder's dies and found one more. At least I now have them in some kind of order, so I know what I have. I will get it off in the mail soon.

Donna Ellis said...

LOL! Aimes, I can just imagine the "butter..." sentiment coming from your lips. HOW FUN! I had not heard the phrase before, so it makes me especially happy this morning. Those colors just add to the fun, and you darling camera motif helps us look forward as well as cherish what has gone by. WONDERFUL CARD! Hoping all is well with you. love, de

cm said...

What an absolutely fabulous card you've designed for your friend and how wonderful that it arrived safely! Great interpretation of some of the elements from the Inkspirational photo; thank you for sharing this in the gallery!
~carol

Lisa Bird said...

Fantastic card and brilliant sentiment, you have made my day with that sentiment. Thank you for joining us at I Love Promarkers Blog Challenge
Best Wishes Lisa xx
craftycard-designs.co.uk

Elaine Stark said...

A super card. Thanks for joining Passion for Markers. Elaine

Cards By MI said...

Lovely creation! Thanks for playing along with us over at Passion for Markers.
Love n hugs
Marie, PFM DT

brenda said...

A super fun and colourful card, many thanks for sharing a 'Favourite Stamp' with us at Stamping Sensations challenge this month.

B x

AlisonC said...

Another fun card with those great colours. Not to mention all the positive quotes. We need that. Let's stay positive. Thanks for your lovely comments on my card, I was just following Mrs A's excellent tutorial. xxx

Linby said...

What fabulous stamps! I love how you used them for this colourful and unique card. thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A fabulous card, I love the bright colours and beautiful sketch you have followed for the design. Thank you for sharing it with us at Passion for Markers this week.
Lorraine DT

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous slimline card great image,papers and brilliant fun image-practically back to normal(whatever normal is lol)now thank you
Carol x

Aunty Sue said...

Great card and image thanks for sharing at Passion for Markers

Stacey said...

Awesome card! Thanks for playing along with us at The Crafter's Cafe.

DT Stacey
www.butterflycreations.blog

Tracy said...

Thank you for joining Stamping Sensations with this entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Monica C. said...

Such a fun card! I love the bright colors and all the good advice. Image is just the right combo of quirky and serious for a new years card.
Hugs Monica

Carole said...

Great NY card, thanks for playing along with our 'Something New' challenge @ MAWTT this month. Good Luck 
Happy Crafting
Carole xXx

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous card Aimeslee, love th image and the sayings you added are such fun!
Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations, Avril

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh Aimeslee! What a a fabulous and fun card! Chrisxx