Friday, January 8, 2021

Happy Baaa-Day to Ewe!

Hi-Ho Fri-Yay, hope everyone is good today. Here's a little 5-inch square card I made relatively quickly, trying to employ my Zen thing and keep things calm. I made this card right after finishing the Disco Girlfriends card and used some of the same supplies.

I still had the Echo Park Let's Party paper collection out, so I dipped into that for my paper. The card base is some VERY old 12x12 Chatterbox card stock I cut up for square cards. Pink card stock is scraps from my stash drawer. I printed out the really old Tiddly Inks digi stamp from the mega set All the Sheep on Springhill digital card stock and colored the sentiment with my Tombow markers which were also still out.

  

I used Split Coast Stampers sketch SC72 for my layout, but I resized the sketch to 5X5", as shown above.

I used a very light blue Copic marker to color the sky and a warm grey marker for some ground. Then I took a 6x6 Funky Fossill stencil called Confetti Sprinkles and stenciled with Tombow markers.

Then I took my clear Wink of Stella and painted the sheep fur with it.

Inside I used another printed image from the same Tiddly Inks set, matted on another piece of pink card stock and Echo Park paper. I used my Wink of Stella on all the stars and some of the letters.

For the back, more EP paper and a stamped Hero Arts siggie on an EP label. This is one of those sheets in the collection that has a strip of all the other sheets.

And a final view. I've had this digi stamp set for a long time and while I have used other images from it, this is my first time to use the Baaa-day Bunch, lol.  Thanks for visiting and until next time, stay safe and warm!

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
5.   Passion for Markers #573: Birthdays -- I used Tombow markers to color and stencil.
11. CHNPPC January: AG with Patterned Paper -- I've used Echo Park Let's Party 6x6 collection

23 comments:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

A very fun card, Aimes. Lovin the bright colours. You and I are on the same page about colours.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Seems we are on a similar wavelength this week Aimeslee hahaha. I love your fun and colourful card.
Faith x

Ella's Design said...

Another fun card using that bright colour scheme, but this time using those cute dancing sheep, Aimeslee!
Thanks again for playing along with my challenge this week at Passion for Markers! Lisa x

Leslie said...

Super cute! Love those sheep - especially the one in the center! Bahahaha! I can so relate! Fun background!

Vicki Dutcher said...

How fun are your dancing sheep! :) This card made me smile. Thanks for joining in at HLS Stencil Challenge

Elaine Stark said...

A cute fun card.Love the sheep. Thanks for joining Passion for Markers. Elaine

Monica C. said...

Also a fun card! Those sheep are sure throwing a party. I love your use of stencils with markers, I need to try that.
Hugs Monica

Aunty Sue said...

what a super fab fun card thanks for sharing at Passion for Markers this week

ahlers5 said...

I adore this card. The colors make me happy.I love the dancing sheep! Such a great card. I just realized, I made tea before I sat down to comment on cards. Another cold cup. Talk about getting distracted!

crafty-stamper said...

Great colourful fun card love the confetti stencil and fabulous dancing sheep
Carol x

Marlene Atkinson said...

this is beautiful, beautiful design. Thank you for sharing with us at Passion for Markers Challenge. Marlene DT

Jane said...

Great use of that confetti stencil, the colours are so bright and vibrant. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

sweetpea said...

Such a fun card. Thanks for sharing it with us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Janet DT

Milla said...

Such a fun card, love those sheep and the sentiment. Your stenciled background is perfect for a birthday card. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday!

Catie Cuddles said...

Wow a fully decorated card, inside and out. Lovely work and all those fab patterned papers got to shine.
Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge blog.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT

Bhavya Raghavendra said...

Adorable card! fabulous use of confetti stencil for fun b'day party scene!! Thanks for joining us at AAABirthday! Hugs!! Bhavya DT

pearshapedcrafting said...

Absolutely wonderful and gave me a smile on this grey day too! Hugs, Chrisx

Ilonka said...

Youre card is so beautiful, thanks for sharing with us at the Classic Design Challenge Blog.
Hugs Ilonka DT

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Beautiful work. Love it.
Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge we really appreciate you joining in.

Annette DT

Chana Malkah said...

This is too cute, Aimeslee! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah

Nandini said...

Very cute and fun card. Love the colorful sprinkles. Great to see you in the HLS gallery. Hope you will join us this month too! Nandini, DT

Susan Renshaw said...

Fun card! Love the stencilled confetti and fun colours!
Thank you for sharing with Happy Little Stampers!
Susan
DT for Stencil Challenge
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Chana Malkah said...

Cute card, Aimeslee!
Thanks so much for sharing with us at A Place To Start!

Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner