I'm sharing my 4x6" art today for this week's Sunday Postcard Art theme of "Poppies" and combining it with Thanksgiving, as I have enough Veterans Day decorations for my art corner. So, I'm giving poppies another chance to shine.
Paper: Springhill white card stock, recycled chipboard
Images: Flavia calendar page
Dies: IO and MFT grass, Lawn Fawn grass and clouds, Memory Box poppy, Spellbinders Classic Scalloped ovals, Little B large scalloped circle
I added freshly die cut poppies to the mix and got started coloring. The focal point of this piece is a very old page I kept from a Flavia calendar I once had. Each page had one of her quotes. I wanted all the poppies red so I simply colored them. ;-)
I popped the two top stitched clouds up with foam tape. There are two layers of different grass die cuts along the bottom, with a third layer of grass clumps on the top of that, colored in contrasting shades of green.
Thanks for dropping by and I hope your weekend is everything you've planned. Stay well and safe, XOX
MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
2. Creative Fingers #196: AAG (entry #3/3)
3. Creatalicious Challenge #198: AG -- Option not played this time (entry #3/3)
6. TTCRD for Week 11/10: AAG -- (entry #1/2)
7. Die Cut Divas Nov.: Thanks/Thanksgiviing -- used Poppy, clouds, scalloped ovals and grass dies (entry #1/4)
11. The Crafters Cafe' #254: AG -- (maximum of 11 challenges; entry #2/5)