Sunday, May 31, 2020

Time to Celebrate!

Happy Sunday, everyone. At the risk of jinxing things again, I have been working hard to get caught up on finishing deadline projects and I'm dog tired but really wanted to get this card finished for a couple of challenges, especially Country View's Celebration challenge. I used a sweet little image from Di's Digi Designs named Ted's Snack Time and combined it with stamped images to create a little picnic party scene!

My 6x6 card base is Bazzill Basics and my patterned papers are from Kaisercraft's Nan's Favourites collection. I honed in on Ted's checkered napkin and included touches of red throughout, even taking a collection tag and making it into a blanket for the picnic basket.

  
I used Outlawz current Wednesday sketch. Instead of the flowers, I used a sun and a snail. ;-) And then a yellow frame mat closely cut without the rounded corners.

I sized out the and arranged Ted in PSE, printed out and then began building my scene with "real" stamps. I stamped a CC Designs bench to the left of Ted on his bench. I stamped several clouds in the sky and then I colored the sky, Ted and his friends, the benches and the ground with ProMarkers.

On white card stock scraps with Archival ink, I stamped the flower pot, cake, picnic basket, sun and snail, colored them with ProMarkers, fussy cut, arranged and adhered to my scene. I stamped the Neat & Tangled sentiment directly onto the sky.

I added some pearly dots with Viva Decor Cream Pearl Pen.

I haven't decided for sure who is getting this one, so I haven't yet decorated the inside or back. But I had such fun creating this sweet little scene and it makes me want to have a picnic before it gets too hot. Thanks for stopping by - Stay well and safe! XOX

MY CHALLENGES PLAYLIST:
1.   Outlawz Wednesday Sketch 5/27-6/9 -- Sketch is shown above
2.   Country View May Challenge: Tea Party / Celebration
3.   Di's Digi Designs Challenge: Include a Sentiment -- And I used Di's Ted's Snack Time digi
4.   Colour Crazy Craft Challenge Week 20: AG with colouringI used ProMarkers to color my entire scene.
5.   Passion for ProMarkers Week 544: It's A Summer Thing --  I used ProMarkers to color my entire scene.
6.    Scrapping4Fun #167: Animals/Flowers -- Bear, dog, bird, snail, flower pot
7.    Try It on Tuesday: Cut It Out -- Fussy cutting galore! Bear, dog, bird, snail, flower pot - all fussy cut.
8.    Creative Fingers #187: AAG

15 comments:

Jackie C said...

Just perfect for the Challenge!
Great project!
Fabulous that you have shared this with us here at Colour Crazy.
Good luck and we hope you will come back again! Jackie DT Member xxx

Craftyfield said...

I can see he's celebrating safely by having a party of one! Shame he can't share this big cake! Thanks for playing with us at Country View Challenges!

Ella's Design said...

Super cute card, Aimeslee! Love the way you coordinated the red gingham with the picnic blanket in the image and such a sweet little scene.
Thanks for playing along with us at Passion for Promarkers this week! Lisa x

Mia said...

Beautiful card, cute and bright colors! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Try it on Tuesday with this lovely creation. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
Mia
Designer for Try it on Tuesday
craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

Alyson Mayo said...

This is so adorable - love the scene you created with the teddy bear. He looks all set for summer :)

Leslie said...

Awww, super cute image and clean/crisp design! Very nice! Don't overdo it... take it one day at a time and stay well! Hugs!

Cards By MI said...

A lovely looking card. Thanks for playing along with us over at PFP this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

Corrie Herriman said...

Very cute card ! Thank you for your contribution to our monthly challenge over at Country VIew Challenges!
Corrie x

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Wow, a lot of work here and what a fantastic job on your scene. There are so many details. So adorable.

Scrapping4funChallenges said...

Another beautiful card! Love the scenery!
Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges.
Rachelle DT
https://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

My name is Erika. said...

Super cute Aimeslee. I love the teddy with his pup. Thanks for sharing it with us at Try It On Tuesday. Hugs-Erika

Tarin Jannat Zerin said...

Greetings 💌💌

Dt at scrapping4funchallenges

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a beautiful scene! Oh for the days of big family picnics!!! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday, Chrisx

Margo said...

This is so adorable.
Thank you for joining us at Colour Crazy Craft Challenge and the best of luck with your entry.
Greetz
Margo DT

Di said...

Hi Aimeslee
Your card is just lovely!! love the scene you have created.

Hugs Di xx