Saturday, March 14, 2020

The Wearing of the Green 8x8" Deco

Happy Saturday! Hope all of you are well. We cannot find toilet paper at the grocery store or even Amazon, but otherwise fine so far. Last week I shared some St. Patrick's Day round coaster art and yesterday I shared 2 themed cards with you. Today I am sharing an 8x8 Deco I made to hang to display in our home for the holiday. This should conclude my Lucky Charms obsession for a while save maybe another coaster or two. We'll see.

The deco is an 8x8 inch piece of thin chipboard upon which I adhered some pretty old patterned papers: Foof-A-La Spring Pageantry and Scenic Route Winter Bellevue Script (which is kinda fitting since this holiday is technically still in the Winter...but I always consider it the first one of Spring). I cut 2 of the Script paper's corners off diagonally with a jagged tear ruler thingy so it looks torn and then I ink-distressed with a dark pink inkpad. Next I added strips of some thick fabric Foof-A-La ribbon in 2 different designs that I'd bought as part of the collection.

 Time to collage. I fussy cut all the images I'd found to use on Gecko Galz' Blarney collage sheet.  Then I inked the edges with my trusty Color Box Chestnut Roan chalk ink before arranging and adhering my little scene. I have had the green and the yellow shiny soft plastic flowers for years and they've always reminded me of clover so hey, time to use as such. I added green rinestones to the center of the green ones and then a rinestone to the shamrock inside of the heart image.

 I layered some paper pink flowers with a yellow brad and adding them to opposite corners for the finish.

Just for grins, here is back of my Deco. I glued a Graphic 45 patterned paper collection chipboard back to the back of the chipboard I used for the front, originally to give it more strength and it already had a nice decoration as I had previously sanded it down and decopauged on some white tissue paper to it. Most of my decos have ugly unfinished backs (I tell myself future projects - ha!), so if I can make them look good enough by doing this in the future, I will. Testing always in progress, heehee.)

 The rest of my pics...

And close-up of the emerald rhinestone in the shamrock...

Hope you found this worth your while. Thanks for visiting! Hope your weekend is lovely, XOX.

CHALLENGES:
1.   Gecko Galz March Customer Blog Challenge: Once Upon a Springtime -- I have used Blarney collage sheet images.  

2.   Gecko Galz March Facebook Challenge: Use words/writing/text  -- In addition to the words on the collage sheet images, I used script pattern paper.
3.   Art Journal Journey March Theme: Green
4.   Di's Digi Design Challenge: Embellish It Awesome -- I've used lots of flowers and some rinestones and brads, too.
5.   Outlawz Monday Greetings Mar. 2-15: Greetings + Green Reigns
6.   The Paper Funday Challenge #15: AG + Opt. St. Pat's Day
7.   A Vintage Journey March: Celebration Time Come On! -- My Vintage style project celebrates St. Patrick's Day AND AVJ's 6th Anniversary/Birthday. :-)
8.   ABMTTC Extra Challenge #March - Anything Goes
9.   Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper March 2020 Challenge -- I've used 2 patterned papers.
10. More Mixed Media Challenge - Anything Goes with optional Green -- I've played the GREEN option.
11. Crafty Creations March Challenge (#407) - Anything Goes
12. Aud Sentiments #246: Feminine + A Sentiment
13. TTCRD Challenge 10th March 2020 Anything Goes
14. Scrapping4Fun Challenge #162: AG + Opt. Flowers -- I've played the Flowers option.
15. Classic Design Challenge #3: AG
16. Crafts Galore Encore March Challenge #73: AG
17. Moving Along with the Times Challenge #116: Anything But a Card
18. YSBP March Challenge with My Besties: AG

18 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Will you look at that! What an unexpected treasure of fun! I actually thought it was fabric before reading your post, Aimes, and still can't get over the "soft appearance" of those papers! It was also fun looking beyond your photos into the background and seeing glimpses of your crafting space LOL - I especially like that you sanded the paper and applied tissue paper to the backing to make your deco sturdier. I'm always wowed by the amount of detail that covers every tiny space of your masterpieces - front, sides, back - and anywhere else a blank spot presents itself. It's gorgeous! Thanks for sharing who it was put together, sweet friend! PS (sorry about the toilet paper LOL) You can tell the world has its priorities when there is a run on TP. xx

My name is Erika. said...

This is amazing! I love this Irish charm piece Aimeslee. You outdid yourself. And it is perfect for Art Journal Journey so I am glad you joined us for Eileen's green challenge. I know what you mean about toilet paper. Crazy isn't it? Take care of yourself my friend and stay healthy. Hugs-Erika

Wendy said...

Beautiful make...Thanks for joining us at Di’s Digi Challenge :)
Wendy xx

Alyson Mayo said...

Love the collage with so many different elements - the corner flowers bring it all together. Nice!

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a stunning project. I love it. Thank you for joining us at Crafts Galore Encore Challenge Blog for challenge #73 which is Anything Goes. The sponsor is Morgan’s Artworld. Hugs Jackie DT xxx

Sheryl said...

A fantastic St Patrick themed card. Wow, so many details to look at - absolutely btilliant.
Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl xx
CRAFT DT
Cat Crazy Craft Corner {My Blog}

Donna Walls said...

Lovely and clever piece of Art! Great job and thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Funday Challenges. Donna - DT Member

nwilliams6 said...

Wow- so many great details and super cool images! Perfect for this week. I love all your pictures too - the back is even cool. I hope one day I can learn to add images like you!

Eileen Bergen said...


Wow, you're my new challenge hero, Aimslee! I can't believe how many challenges you hit with this great page!

It really is super. I love the Gecko Galz images and how you arranged them. Thank you for sharing your St. Patrick's Day daco art at Art Journal Journey for our green theme.

Eileen xx

Let's Art Journal said...

What a beautiful project to celebrate St.Patricks Day and our birthday at A Vintage Journey! The images look amazing against the background that you created and I love the fabric border that you created too - perfect 😁. Thanks so much for joining our birthday celebrations at A Vintage Journey this month! Hugs, Jo x

sarascloset said...

Hi Aimslee! Yes, we know the sh*t is going to hit the fan when we are hard pressed to buy TP! Your tribute to the Irish is fabulously detailed and so fun! Just what I needed with the news of the day! Best of everything to you!

Meggymay said...

Sorry I am late calling in to see this awesome page, You have so much detail and wonderful Irish additions to look at. Thank you for linking your hanging page to Eileen's theme at Art Journal Journey.
Yvonne xx

Renate said...

What a beautiful project.
Thank you for joining us at Scrapping4fun
Renate DT

Carole said...

Super creation, thanks for playing along with our Anything but a Card challenge @ MAWTT this month. Good Luck 
Happy Crafting
Carole xXx

froebelsternchen said...

This is stunning, absolutely beautiful Aimeslee!

Michele said...

another marvelous collage! xo

Elizabeth Hart said...

So much to look at with this fabulous St. Patrick's Day card - love it. Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Crafty Creations Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

ILEANA ARTUFFO said...

Wonderful creation! I love how you made corners!
Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge March "ATG".
Ileanaxx