Thursday, February 13, 2020

On birthday cards and struggling...

Good Thursday evening to y'all. It's rainy this week in my little corner of Texas. I realized today that I'm into my 2nd week of a post-wedding struggle to get focused and productive. Yikes, I found 2 Valentines cards I'd done last year, so I mailed those out to Honey's mom and our kids. And the thought of rushing to make more got self-vetoed for inducing too much stress. Seems that all I can make are birthday cards, so I will just be thankful I can get those made!

I had printed out several digital stamps at the beginning of the year, just chose some I liked in my digital files. This card features a super cute image, Bugaboo's Birthday Critters Sign. I thought it would look good on a card sized for a #10 envelope. This is the 2nd one of this size that I've done this year. I kinda like them for a change in creating. I added balloon die cuts to the image using WPlus9 and X-Cut balloon dies.



I used Feeling Sketchy's current sketch, first flipping it horizontally and then stretching it to 3-7/8" by 9" in PSE before printing out. I printed the digi on white Springhill 110# index stock.

I used ProMarkers to color the digi. I brushed the top of the ice cream cone with clear CC Sparkle Pen to make it shimmer. I made tiny dots in 3's with various colored Nuvo Drops. I embedded tiny clear rhinestones in a few of the drops. I cut the balloons out of patterned paper scraps from my paper stash. I used a Pitt pen to draw their strings. The green stars are balloons too but I just used them as star shapes. I used a scrap of patterned pink paper as the base paper layer framing the image. I distressed the edges of it with my Tim Tool.

I used an Avery Elle sentiment stamped with Memento ink. Short and sweet. The front is just silliness, so this is sort of to say: Seriously, have a great birthday, wishing you all good things. No rhyme or reason to choosing my innie sentiments. Sometimes a bunch of text, other times short and sweet.

I had 2 balloons left over from die cutting for the front so I added them to the back of the card along with hand-drawn strings. EkSuccess siggie stamp on a Clear Dollar label die cut on various scraps leftover from the front and this really big scrap piece of DCWV Birthday text paper. I actually took my image colors from this paper.

Of course, I had to use that lime green and it looks almost neon how it pops, but I like the lighter more pastel colors against it.

   
   
Close-ups to try to catch the elusive shine and sparkle on the front of the card...

Thanks very much for visiting and letting me share my creativity with you. I hope everyone has a fun, delish and/or LOVEly Love Day tomorrow!

CHALLENGES:
1.   Feeling Sketchy #234 -- see sketch above
2.   The House That Stamps Built Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge F1220 -- I chose the middle row: Gems/Pearls (rhinestones and Nuvo pearls) + Shimmer (Sparkle Pen) + Pink
3.   2 Crafty Critter Crazies #35: Feb. AG with a Critter -- PENGUIN, MONKEY, PIG 
4.   Outlawz Festive Fridays: Feb. 7-20 -- Birthday theme
5.   AAA Birthday Cards Game #10: CUTE 
6.   Paper Babe Stamps #112: Layers -- I have 4-5 layers counting the die cut balloons
7.   Colour Crazy Craft Challenge Week 4: AG with Colouring -- I coloured my image with ProMarkers
8.   Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge #125: AG
9.   Crafty Hazelnuts Patterned Paper Challenge Feb.: AG with PP
10. Catch the Bug Feb. Challenge: Child's Play
11. Paper Girls #193: Birthdays
12. Use Your Stuff #391: Critters -- PENGUIN, MONKEY, PIG
13. Cutie Pie Challenge #144: Cute and Cuddly Animals -- All 3 look cute and cuddly

16 comments:

Margreet said...

What a stunning creation! Great coloring and I love your adding of the extra balloons. The inside is gorgeous too!
Thanks for playing with us at Catch the Bug.
xxx Margreet DT

Jane said...

Really eye catching design and sweet little images. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too.

Leslie said...

OMGoodness, you've outdone yourself! Love this! It's been ages since I've made a card that fits in a #10 envie - I might just have to do that. Thanks for the inspiration!

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Aimes! Glad the wedding was so beautiful - and that you're home again! Darling "business size" birthday card! I hear you about any time the "afters" occur. I've learned to give myself down time and know that it is ok - we certainly wouldn't mind if others did the same thing, right? So allow yourself to catch your breath, do a few of those things you've been putting off here and there, and then get back in your normal groove in a week. LOL thanks for sharing your colorful critter creation! (like the alliteration?) hugs, de

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

That long style card really does work great for the big birthday sentiment. I think that you have to make what you are going to make, whether it be Valentines or Birthday cards. If you get in the mood for Valentines just save them for next year.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Love that image and great coloring...makes a great tall and skinny card. Don't forget Double Trouble is partnering with Use Your Stuff and you have met our requirement of "again and again" repeat any item (does not have to be identical) on your project and you used Critters. Please follow the link on Use Your Stuff and hope to see you at Double Trouble.

junemac2 said...

Loving the colours the card and the shine xxx Hope you are doing well my friend

Hugs June x

Crafting with Darcy said...

So cute, Aimeslee! I love the image and all those balloons! Oh, My!! What a fun card!

Joy Wilson said...

Great projects! Thanks for joining us and good luck with with your entry!
Hugs, Joy
Joyfully Stamps
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Aimes, it sounds like you are under a lot of stress right now, and for that I'm sending hugs.

This is another great creation. This elongated style reminds me of a TJ Newsletter technique. I'll make a note and try to post something with it for you.

Rock on!

Heather said...

This is so fun!! The long size is perfect for the larger sentiment and all those cute critters! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Patti J said...

Great job! Love the shape, too! I’ll wear two hats tonight! Thanks for joining us at Two Crafty Critter Crazies! And....Thanks so much for joining us at The House That Stamps Built! Hope you have a good week!

Pip Lewer said...

You’ve done great job of putting this card together...you nailed the cute factor. Thanks for playing with this months theme at AAA birthday.

Pat K said...

Wonderful birthday card with very cute images. Thanks for joining us at The Cutie Pie Challenge. Pat K xx

Tina Z. said...

wow, great scene; I like it.
Thank you for joining the challenge at Feeling Sketchy.

Sue Nicholson said...

Lovely sweet cute and cuddly chappie, thanks for joining us a Cutie Pie Challenge cheers Sue N x