Sunday, August 11, 2019

Snorkel Bunny HOP-py Birthday

Happy Weekend, Art Warriors! Hope you've had fun with some art. I finished a card yesterday that has been moved along ever so slowly as other projects took precedent. But this weekend I said, let's get 'er done!



 
I used a Split Coast Stampers sketch from May (no deadlines). I resized it to 5x7 (A7) in PSE and printed it out on my laser.

My card base is Kraft card stock. The Colorbok patterned card stock paper may look familiar as I used the snippets leftover from my Tropic of Santa card. The bottom layer has been distressed using my Tim tool. The bunny image, sentiment and the white circle use Office Depot 110# index stock. My sentiment is stamped with Memento Teal Zeal and clear-heat-embossed, then die cut with a Lawn Fawn Every Day Sentiment Banner.

This sweet little Snorkel Bunny is a digital by Tiddly Inks. I colored him and his scene with my ProMarkers. The sketch calls a circular element on a square and my image is a square, so TRY A NEW TECHNIQUE #1: I took a Spellbinders Classic Large Circles die, found the next smallest one in the Small die set to get this very skinny circle die cut, which I adhered with my 3M spray adhesive. But when I did, I realized the top of the die cut was sticky. What to do? I remembered you are supposed to use corn starch or powder to dull the sticky and this led to my TRY A NEW TECHNIQUE #2:  I brushed on some Perfect Pearls Interference Blue all around the circle until it no longer felt sticky! Plus I get some subtle shimmer which my photo above is attempting to capture, not very well.

Inside my card, I have TRY A NEW TECHNIQUE #3: Background accent stamping in a subtle light color (Memento Morning Mist). This good when you have several more images in your theme than you can use on the card front. I think it makes a nice continuation of the card theme.

I continued that technique to the back of my card, stamping my Impression Obsession siggie direct to the paper as well.


CHALLENGES:
1.  Split Coast Stampers Sketch #751 - Sketch is shown above
2.  Tiddly Inks Challenge #228: Anything Tiddly Inks Goes - I used Tiddly's Snorkel Bunny image
3.  2 Crafty Critter Crazies #29: AG with a Critter
4.  Through the Craft Room Door for Aug 6-12: AG
5.  Crafts Galore Encore #66: AG
6.  Your Scrapbook Place August: AG
7.  I Love ProMarkers #390: AG + Opt. Birthday - I coloured with my ProMarkers and I've played the option
8.  CHNPPC August: AG with Patterned Papers
9.  Colour Crazy Week 30: Always AG  - I coloured my image with my ProMarkers.
10,  Aud Sentiments #233: Sentiment + Animal
11.  More Mixed Media August: AG + Opt. Brights - I've played the option
12.  The House That Stamps Built DCC A719: Try a New Technique  - I actually tried 3 small ones. I've described them in my commentary above.

Thanks so much for dropping by. That's it for me at present but until next time...
xox Stay Crafty, My Friends!

11 comments:

creationsnz said...

Hi Aimeslee, a great image and I like that you have tried new techniques to get what you want. SO glad you joined us at 2CraftyCritterCrazies, come again soon, CarolG

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

You do love your techniques. They look wonderful. Nice colour combination. You managed to make a cute card using the sketch.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

That is such a cute image and I like the light colored stamping to finish off the inside. Have a wonderful Monday!

Heather said...

This is adorable!! What a fun image and I LOVE how you have highlighted him with that very fine circle frame! Also love how you did the subtle stamping on the inside. This is one of my favorite ways to finish the inside of a card as it definitely continues the theme from the outside right on in. : ) Adds a bit of fun, too. Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Esther Asbury said...

What a cute card! I love your subtle stamping --- perfect for the "Try a New Technique" challenge over on The House that Stamps Built!

Lori m said...

Cute, cute and pretty card, hugs, Lori m

Monica C. said...

What a delightful bunny card! I love the little guy and your sketch layout is perfect here.
Thank you for joining the Colour Crazy challenge.
Monica C. DT Color Crazy

crafty-stamper said...

Great card inside and out-love the cute image
carol x

sweet art designs said...

What a fun card. Thank you for showing us your patterned papers at Crafty Hazel Nut's Patterned Paper Monthly Challenge - Myrna DT

Furrbster said...

This is such a fun and cute card,

Thanks for playing along with us at Aud Sentiments and also I Love Promarkers,

Hugz Tinz

Sandra said...

So cute!! Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at Tiddly Inks. Good luck. Sandra