Friday, August 9, 2019

Just a 'Tini Bit Older Birthday

Hello and Happy TGIF! I'm sharing a birthday card today for another of our Leo guy friends. He was actually my friend first, from all the way back in junior high, lol. My girlfriends and I have gone out with him before and he's been known to keep us floating (drowning?) in martinis, so when I saw My Favorite Things' Martini Time stamps and dies a few months back, I bought them along with a few more of MFT's snarky Sassy Pants line sentiment sets. This is my first time to play with them, and I couldn't wait to create a card that teases him a 'tini bit!

SU card stock was my go-to on this 5x7 (A7) card. I chose bright, sunny, warm colors to adorn my lime green card base via MFT Ride the Wave die cuts for the horizontal wavy sketch element. I also used some very old EKSuccess Vellum in 1950's style geometrical shapes for my patterned paper, and I die cut the martini glass I stamped with VersaFine Clair Green Oasis ink and clear-heat-embossed before popping it up slightly with glue dots. I also stamped and heat-embossed the sentiment the same way. I used Tombow Vellum Tape Runner to attach the Vellum and I have to say that it hides itself pretty well if you apply it in straight lines around the perimeter. Vellum is so difficult when it comes to adhering it without seeing the adhesion. I am happy with this.

 
I followed this recent Split Coast Stampers sketch from July that I had yet to use (no deadlines), resizing to 5x7 and printing out. I always print out my sketches so I can take to my Playroom (where the magic happens lol) to create the card. And since I scale the sketch to actual dimensions, I can use a ruler on it to measure my paper layers for cutting. This is my habit now, so woe be the day I can't print out my re-sized sketch, hahaha.

 For the inside of my card, I used all MFT stamps from a few different stamp sets in addition to the Martini set. I used Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

For the back of my card, more of the vellum and snippets of card stock leftover from making the front. I used my Stamp Magick siggie stamp again, stamping with the Green Oasis ink and clear-heat-embossing. Then I used a circle punch to cut out.

I am quite happy with how this card turned out, but I have made a mental note to figure out how to uniformly cut the waves to get cleaner edges. The dies are 6 inches long so they will sometimes have to be cut. After I finished, I realized I'd used all MFT stamps and dies, which is a rarity for me as I usually mix and match the brands. I am pretty sure the card will put a big grin on my friend's face when he receives it, which will be soon as I put it in the mail yesterday.

CHALLENGES:
1.  Split Coast Stampers Sketch 760 - Sketch is shown above.
2.  Paper Girls Challenge #181: Vellum
3.  Through the Craft Room Door Aug. 6-12: Anything Goes
4.  Outlawz Twisted Thursdays: Chevron or Geometric
5.  Time Out Challenge #141: Relaxation 
6.  Happy Little Stampers August AG with DIES - I've a martini glass die and those waves are dies.
7.  More Mixed Media August: AG + Opt. BRIGHTS - I have used Bright colors.
8.  Take a Word: Masculine
9.  Three Muses: Numbers - I've used numbers in my artwork, on my sentiment, my martinis are numbered 1,2,3.
10.  Lost Coast Portal to Creativity #81: AG 

Thanks so much for coming by to visit. I welcome you always and until next time...
Stay Crafty, My Friends! xoxo

7 comments:

Joyce said...

What a fun card. Love your colors and how everything works so well together. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

Meggymay said...

A super fun card. The sentiments were great for the design of your card.
Have a good weekend.
Yvonne xx

Gillena Cox said...

Beautiful card, nice that you told us how your experimenting went along as you created.

Much❤👨‍🎨❤love

Gerrina said...

Beautiful how you combined two different graphic shapes tp get movement on your card! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

Laurie said...

Great bright colors and love the use of the vellum. And the sentiment just makes me laugh!!Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge!

crafty-stamper said...

Great fun card and sentiment love the geometric shapes and inside too
carol x

ionabunny said...

Love the graphic patterns, colours and the fun sentiment. A fab card. Thanks for joining the fun at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity Challenge. Hugz