Friday, August 30, 2019

Java Great Birthday!

Hi Ho, my merry blogging friends! How was your FriYay? Mine was 'Sleepful' :-)). Honey and I both lazed around today, recovering from our fun outing last night. I finally got myself in gear to finish this birthday card I'm sharing tonight.

I used a digital image, stencils and a sentiment die cut, all from Stamplorations. I drew the colors I used from Paper Girls latest colors challenge. And I used a technique from Crazy 4 Challenges latest called Cut Up Stamping.

 
Here is my colored and stenciled image before cutting and mounting, and the colors I used from the challenge photo inspiration. I really didn't want to cut my image into strips. I liked how it looked at this point, lol.

  
 But my sketch required me to as well as the technique, so I gathered up my courage. I used Stick It Down's current August sketch, resizing it to 5x7 and flipping it horizontally in PSE, then printing out.

SUPPLIES:
Papers: SU, DCWV and Neenah card stocks, DCWV patterned paper (inside)
Stamps: Stamplorations, Gerda Steiner, MFT, Hero Arts, Skipping Stones, Sugar Loaf
Inks: VersaMark, Memento, Distress
Dies: Stamplorations, Spellbinders
Other: ProMarkers, Stamplorations Honeycomb Delight stencils, sequins and embossing powder from stash

 I LOVE the Rainbow effect I got from using a variety of ink colors on my stenciled background. I used my ProMarkers to color this sweet Stamplorations digital image called Cupcake Blooms and Coffee. I then took their Honeycomb Delight stencils and used the positive one on the front with my Distress inks and a sponge dauber. I stamped the Gerda Steiner It's Your Birthday sentiment in VersaMark and embossing in silver detail powder. I die cut the Stamplorations Java Great Day die, colored it and adhered it to a Spellbinders label mat die cut I'd covered with VersaMark and heat-embossed with the silver powder. Then I glue-dotted silver sequins to finish.

 
On the inside, I used sentiments from MFT, Skipping Stones and Hero Arts, all stamped on a sheet of patterned paper. For the back, I stenciled card stock using the negative Honeycomb Delight stencil and my Distress Inks. I silver-heat-embossed the stamped Sugar Loaf siggie and used leftover snippets from the front of the card.

My favorite thing is the stenciling. I really need to use mine more, if nowhere else on backgrounds, I have a gazillion stencils. But...I also love that cupcake...or am I just craving some chocolate?!?!? Heehee

CHALLENGES:
1.  Stick It Down August Sketch - sketch shown above
2.  Paper Girls Challenge #182: Photo Inspiration
3.  Crazy 4 Challenges C4C499: Cut Up Stamping
4.  Take a Word: Rainbow
5.  Time Out Challenge #143: Inspired by Words - RAINBOW 
  
  

Well that's all for now. Thanks so much for allowing me to share my creativity with you! Happy Weekend to all! XOX

15 comments:

Anita in France said...

So brave to cut into your finished panel, Aimeslee ... and so worth it ... the peek of darker cardstock around each piece really makes all those vibrant colours pop! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

sandie said...

wow what a joy of a card-so much detail-right to the back of the card! Adore the rainbow colours and the richness of your colouring and I like the way you split it for the sketch and we are so pleased to see you at Time Out

Crafting with Darcy said...

Aimeslee, this is such a really beautiful and colorful birthday card!! I love your coloring!!

crafty-stamper said...

LGreat stencil and image love all the bright colours and design
Carol x

indybev said...


Very nice stamping and stenciling. I'm looking for the rainbow!

Elaine Stark said...

A lovely colourful card. Thanks for joining Passion for Promarkers.. Elaine

https://seaviewscrapping.blogspot.com/ said...

WOW, so creative. Very cute, and your colors are awesome. What a beautiful, bright, and fun card! Thanks for joining us at Stick It Down -- Sharon DT

MJ's Kraze said...

Great card. I am loving the colors. Thanks for playing along at Stick It Down.
Mandi, card Dt.

Sue said...

This is fabulous Aimeslee, it was very brave of you to chop up your card as it looked fab, but i really does add something cutting it up - definitely a technique I want to try out. Have a very happy week, Sue xx

Donna Ellis said...

wow, Aimeslee! How wonderful to have all those dancing colors in the background! A fantastic use of the color challenge, and to bring happiness and motion to your creation. I especially like the way you accommodated room for both sentiments. Yummy birthday card! hugs, de

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What an amazing focal image for the front of the card. And brave of you to cut it in thirds, too. It's a beauty from front to back. I love the drink puns you chose, too.

You really SCARED me with that last post. I'm apparently in denial, since I don't make Christmas cards, much less New Year's cards. But you really showed me how close we are to the end of the year, so now I have no excuse to not take heed. Again, I love this birthday card and the New Year's card in your previous post, too.

Tammy said...

What a gorgeous, colorful card Aimeslee! I love the stenciled background and awesome design with the 3 panels, beautiful inside too!

Aunty Sue said...

Brilliant card thanks for joining us at Passion for Promarkers

coops said...

So gorgeous, your bright colours are fabulous and I love the image.
Thanks for joining in my Birthday theme at PFP 😊

Jill V said...

SO fun - I love how you used the sentiments to create a birthday card. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Jill