Saturday, May 11, 2019

Hello, Yellow!

Greetings on this wet weekend on the upper Texas coast. A soggy salutation as it were, but rainy days make for good art play! Today I played and at the same time got a project started that needed ignition. I have about 5 note cards to make to thank people for making donations in my dad's memory. I am sharing the card today and its focal element is an artist trading coin I made first. Because I was motivated to make my Hello Coin for a challenge, I will share it first.

I had some older Inkadinkado round frame stamps with center sentiments and found one that fit a 2.5" diameter circle perfectly - this set:
 
I cut some pretty yellow print Prima Zephyr patterned card stock with my 2.5" circle die and to give it more support, I cut another circle out of the coaster to adhere to the back.
I stamped the frame in VersaMark and heat-embossed with Ranger Lemon Yellow. Then I stamped the sentiment in VersaMark and heat-embossed in Ranger Marigold. And I was done!

ATC SUPPLIES:
Coaster
Prima Zephyr Patterned Paper
Stamp: Inkadinkado Hello Frame
Ink: VersaMark
Embossing Powders Ranger Gold and Lemon Yellow
Dies: Spellbinders Classic Circles (2.5")

Some close-ups to show the embossing powders - the delicate frame details and the texture in the sentiment letters

Although I have made hundreds of rectangular ATC's, if I've made a Coin before this one, I'm not remembering it. So, until I prove myself wrong, this was my first coin. Stamper-style, anyway. I never had the inclination to make them before, mostly because I wasn't interest in collecting them. But now I can make some when I want and use them on cards or to embellish other projects. That makes sense to me to make them now. I need form and function in my art, I guess.

CHALLENGES for ARTIST TRADING COIN:
1. Happy Little Stampers ATC Challenge May: Hello
2.  Moo Mania #190: Just One Word

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, onto the A2-size card I made to showcase my Hello Coin! Same supplies as above, but with the addition of some sheer yellow silk ribbon and a corner punch from my stash, DCWV card stock, Spellbinders Labels 9 die and my Lawn Fawn siggie stamp.

 I've used the current Stella Says Sketch and I took inspiration for my yellow monochromatic color scheme from The Outlawz current Tuesday Color challenge. Just look at their color board, isn't it delish? It really spoke to me and made me want to get all mellow with the yellow, lol.

 
I think I captured every shade. I even had some nice buttery yellow card stock for a card base. And I'm glad I used two different shades of embossing powder as they both pop with the contrast. I purposefully chose the sheer ribbon so it would be there but kind of disappear. I've played the challenge twist so the card is feminine but not overly so. 


For these cards, I have left the insides blank for now. I am thinking of typing up and printing out an acknowledgement from the family and will add later. The back of my card is decorated, though:

 CHALLENGES for CARD:
1. Outlawz Tuesdays CC #507 (May 7-20): Monochromatic in Yellow w/Feminine Twist - I played the feminine twist, color board is shown above
2. Bugaboo Stella Says Sketch #709 - sketch is shown above
3. Paper Girls Challenge #175: Typography
4. IkesWorld Challenge #120: E is for Emboss + AG - I've heat-embossed my focal frame and sentiment.
5. ABMTTC #91: Always AG
6. CHNPPC May: Always AG with Patterned Paper
7. LTCCB #34: May AG


I hope my Hello Yellow coin and card cheered you or brightened your mood. That's the effect it has on me. I'll get sick of all the yellow soon enough, but for the difficult task of making these cards it sure has helped to break the ice...or should I say melt it with all that sunshine. :-) I'll be back soon. Until then, thanks for dropping by and enjoy the weekend remains, xoxo.

10 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

Oh YES!!! Your wonderful note-thank you card with this super coin cheers and brightens my rainy mood dear Aimeslee!And the person who gets this will be delighted as well. I am sure! A gorgeous card and a great idea to use such wonderful coins on cards or maybe even on Art Journal spreads?!
Wishing you a happy Mother's Day and thank you so much for joining in at Moo Mania & More again! You make me happy to be part of the challenge groups!

Happy Sunday and a good start into the new week!
Susi xxx

ike said...

Oh, I hope your weather perks up soon.
That's a really gorgeous card. Hugz
IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Sall said...

OH WOW the colours surprise me but I do love them. Thank you for taking the time to join in with our challenge and sharing your creativity with us, I love to see your talent, creativity and imagination at work. I hope to see more of your creativity in the near future. Love 'n' hugs Sall IkesWorld Challenges DT

Dawn Frost said...

Great card love the colours! Thanks for joining Catch the Bug's Stella Says Sketch challenge! Dawn Bugaboo DT

Meggymay said...

Beautiful ATC coins, the gilding of the word, makes them look really stylish.
The cards are fabulous.
Yvonne xx

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Very nice. I love yellow, and so does DH who just bought a boat and is having it painted and reupolstered in yellow.

Your card is so cheery on these dreery days. Hugs, Bethie.

Crafting with Darcy said...

Aimeslee, this is such a gorgeous card and I know the ones that get this card will be amazed and so happy to receive such a nice and heartfelt thank you. I love that the card looks cheery and full of sunshine. I'm sorry to hear of your dad's passing, but I know you have all those special memories to keep him forever in your heart.
Sending hugs and lots of love to you!

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous ATC coins-that is a great stamp,beautiful papers and ribbon-great idea to use on a card though
Carol x

Vicki Dutcher said...

Perfect medallion stamp for your coin! Turned out awesome. Thanks for joining in at HLC ATC

Jane said...

Oh what a stunning coin, looks like a real metal one! Thanks so much for playing at HLS ATC, hope to see you joining in with future challenges too.