Thursday, May 30, 2019

Birthday Cake and a Christmas Ornament

Hello, Thursday - wow, is it me or did this week go by fast? The older I get, the more I think they all do, lol. Turns out I wasn't gone very long. I've actually slipped in more art time than I had planned and have two cards to share: one birthday and one Christmas.

First up, my birthday card. Are those hedgehogs not adorable??? They are a Di's Digi Stamps image and they are called Partycake Hedgehogs. I printed them out on Office Depot 110# index stock with my laser printer and colored them with my ProMarkers.

    
I used Atlantic Hearts current sketch #318 and resized it to 5x7 (A7) in PSE. The hedgies are that big because I don't think I could have colored them well were they any smaller. So I treated the image as a top mat layer and used a clear acrylic 4.5 x 6.5-inch rectangle to see where to best cut the letter-sized card stock. I bought a whole bunch of acrylic shapes off a lady on ebay several years back and from time to time they come in handy!

In order to keep the cake-toting hedgie as visible as possible, I employed twine for the sketch's vertical strip element. I stamped the Avery Elle sentiment in Memento ink and then die cut the two ovals with my Spellbinders Classic and Scalloped dies. The little plastic cakes and balloons are some confetti shapes I saved from a card I received and the green sequin is from my stash. I drew the strings on the top two balloons with my Carbon Pen.

On the inside of my card, I have stamped a sentiment using stamps by Avery Elle and Hot Off The Press.

The back of my card is made of all scraps from the front and from my stash. I once again have used the Impression Obsession siggie stamp.

As for the paper I used, the card base is Office Depot 110# index stock. The base mats are DCWV card stock scraps and the rainbow patterned paper is from Cosmo Cricket 8x8 Summer Love. Oh, and I used a Sakura gold metallic gel pen on the candles of the big cake.

I will leave with a few close-ups and final view before listing challenges for this card, and then on to my Christmas card!




CHALLENGES for Hedgehog birthday card:
1.  Di's Digi Stamp May Challenge: Make It Masculine - I see these two hedgies as a married couple, so if I give this to a male family friend who is married, it's going to be a guy card. :-)))
2.  Atlantic Hearts Sketch #318 - Sketch is shown above.
3.  Outlawz Monday Greetings May 27-June 9: Greetings + Flower or Ribbon - I've used twine.
4.  Paper Babe Stamps Challenge #94: Anything Goes
5.  I Love ProMarkers Challenge #385: Anything Goes + Opt. Masculine - I've played the option, the hedgies are a married couple.
6.  Colour Crazy Challenge Week 20: Anything Goes with Colouring - I colored my focal image with ProMarkers.
7.  Love to Scrap Challenge #121: Anything Stamped Goes + Opt. Masculine - I've played the option and consider this a masculine card.
8.  Through the Craft Room Door for Week of May 28: Anything Goes
9.  Send A Smile 4 Kids May Challenge: Anything Goes 4 Kids

_______________________________________________________

Now, my Christmas card:

Except for the SU card base and red Bazzill Basics card stock mats in front and back, all other paper on the card is from my scraps, or as Pixie would say, Snippets (and yes, include me in the prize draw this time please). The Tim Holtz Sizzix ornament die cut and ornament cap are snippets of glitter card stock, the ornament holder white card stock snippet, and all the Basic Grey Fruitcake paper snippets from a card made for last Christmas.

  
Try Stampin' on Tuesday's current sketch 409 was used, albeit more loosely than I usually go, but still the elements are there. The paper on the left was die cut using a Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Border die. The ornament holder die is by Memory Box.

 My Papertrey Ink sentiment is stamped directly onto the front with Memento ink. I added two gold glitter dots from my stash.

    
 The inside sentiments are by Papertrey and Hero Arts. My Impression Obsession siggie stamp is on the card back along with more snippets on top of the red base mat. This last photo attempts to show the glittery shine on the card front.


CHALLENGES for Ornament card:
1.  Try Stampin' on Tuesday Sketch 409 - Sketch is shown above.
2.  Split Coast Stampers 2019 Christmas Challenge January: Glitz It with Glitter, Rhinestones or Bling
3.  Christmas Crafts All Year Round May Challenge: Christmas Ornament
4.  Merry Little Christmas Challenge #10: Anything Christmas Goes
5.  Pixie's Snippets Playground Challenge #353: Anything Goes with a Snippet - Yes, I want to play for the prize this time, please and thank you!
6.   Outlawz Festive Friday Challenge May 31-Jun 13: Christmas theme
7.  Crafty Hazelnuts Patterned Paper May Challenge: Anything Goes with Patterned Paper
8.  Love to Craft Challenge #34: May Anything Goes
9.  May Rudolph Days: Anything Goes

I hope you liked my cards and I thank you for the visit. I have one more card to try to post tomorrow if I can finish it. Then -- GASP! -- it's on to June!  XOX

24 comments:

Jenny L said...

Hi Aimeslee,
Happy Rudolf Days.
what a very wonderful card and such a super design.
Lots of wonderful elements and such a glitzy bauble too.
Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

froebelsternchen said...

Both cards are AMAZING Aimeslee! Gorgeous designs!!! Happy weekend ! Susi xxx

crafty-stamper said...

Really cute image and can't have a birthday with out cake lol.Thank you for joining us at Love to Scrap
Carol DT x
Both beautiful cards and I love how you always decorate the backs too
Carol x

Donna Scholz said...

Aimeslee, you take on the Try Stampin' on Tuesday is very unique! All the elements are there, but with holiday flair! Every time I see someone use the Lawn Fawn stitched hillside die, I swear I HAVE to have it! Thank you for sharing your creative talents with us at TSOT!!! -Donna

Hi! I'm Shirley and said...

Thanks for joining us at the Outlawz Monday Greetings Challenge with this lovely card.

Heather said...

What fun papers - and such a brilliant idea to do an ornament! Love it! Great combo of colors and glitters! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

Nathalie said...

So cute cards! I love birthday card. Thank for playing with us at Di's Digi challenge.
Nathalie DT

Wendy said...

Fabulous! ...Thanks for joining us at Di’s Digi Challenge and using one of Di’S images :)
Wendy x

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Your cards are super cute! I love that hedgie couple, and the Christmas card is festive and classy!

I think this is the first card blog where I have seen the back of a card decorated. A fantastic idea of using up those paper scraps.

Thank you so much for all your blog visits, and for following my blog by email. I ‘m so glad you left a comment so I could come explore your blog too!

Meggymay said...

Two fabulous cards.
I love the sentiment on the Birthday card, I hope the sweet animals got a treat at the party.
The Christmas card looks really stylish as well.
Have a good weekend.
Yvonne xx

Deanne Saunders said...

Great card!!! Love that Basic Grey paper!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR ‘ROUND challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

scrappymo! said...

Stunning card. The DP is so lovely and that ornament is stunning with those papers. Love that you put DP on the back of your card too!

Thanks for taking part in the May Rudolph Days Challenge.

Kathyk said...

A lovely selection of makes, thanks so much for sharing your Christmas card with us over at the Love To Craft Challenge Blog

Kathyk
DT @ LTCCB

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A beautiful card with all of the different Christmas BP's.
Thanks for joining in at the Rudolph days challenge this month.

Sue x

Di said...

Wonderful cards - love them both Aimeslee. And I also love how you totally finish your cards, inside and the back as well.

Sorry I'm a bit late commenting!

Hugs

Di xx

Sheryl said...

This is adorable. The scene is just delightful.
Thanks for joining us at I Love Promarkers.
Hugs Sheryl xx

foleysfriend said...

Your hedgehogs are super cute and you've done a great job with your promarkers and also with the top balloon strings. Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

sue n.

Lori said...

All of your cards are great but the hedgehog card is super cute! Thanks so much for playing along with us at AHSC! -Lori DT

Let's Art Journal said...

What a fun card, those hedgehogs are super cute 😀. Your Christmas card is fabulous too, I love the different papers that you used - beautiful! I hope that you've had a lovely weekend and wishing you a happy new week! Jo x

Brandi said...

Love that card, love anything with hedgehogs....lol. It is so adorable, great job!
Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Lisa Bird said...

Super cute card, I love the hedgehogs.
Thank you for joining us at I Love Promarkers Blog Challenge
Best Wishes Lisa
craftycard-designs.co.uk

Unknown said...

Those hedgehogs are just too cute for words! Thank you for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!

Kate 'Rijacki' Ledum said...

Adorable card!

Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to seeing you again next challenge.
Regards,
Rijacki

TTCRD DT
Rijacki's Workshop
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

Tanza Erlambang said...

colorful cards...love it