Sunday, April 14, 2019

Waiting for Mr. Right Birthday Card

Hi to all. Happy Palm Sunday! Easter is a week away and today is my Honey's 67th birthday. We are going for a little dinner and cake party with our social gang this evening at one of our favorite spots, and I've been up all night to finish this card, so I will try to keep this to a short story.

 
I used Mojo Monday's current sketch pretty much verbatum. I made Honey this card to tease him about his "harems". I'm lucky to be married to such a likeable guy. My girlfriends proudly call themselves Honey's Harem. At the grocery store, the ladies in the Deli and the Bakery love to wait on him. He knows them by name and always makes time to ask how they are doing and what's new.
But I wanted the card to be kinda humorous, so when I thought of this word play on the phrase Bees-knees, I had my humor because Honey loves watching Andy Griffith Show reruns. (The ladies waiting for Mr. Right do remind of Aunt Bee, don't they? wink wink) As for the #HILF, well, just trying to let him know how sexy he is to me still after 32 years.
SUPPLIES:
Bazzill Kraft card stock
DCWV Heirloom Stack
Junkitz Grandparents Collection patterned card stock
Stamps: Lost Coast Designs (Waiting for Mr. Right), Arte Latin Oh!, Deep Red Stamps, Digital (self-created)
Inks: Memento, Versafine Clair
Stash Items: Distress tool, Prima and Jolene's paper flowers

Keeping this short and sweet, I will just let you look at the rest of my snaps:




CHALLENGES:
1. Mojo Monday Sketch #513
2. Lost Coast Designs Challenge #73: Bloomin' Lovely Flowers - for double points my focal image is LCD
3. A Vintage Journey April Challenge: Neutral Zone
4. LTSCB # 120: Male Call
5. ABMTTC #89: Always AG
6. Use Your Stuff Challenge #354: Flora & Fawna - I have Flora (vintage flowers)
7. MIUCB #24: AG + Black & White Plus One Color - I used Brown
8. CHNPPC April: AG + Patterned Paper

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed my card. Best wishes for a great week! xoxo

9 comments:

Meggymay said...

This is a really wonderful card for your husband, I think he must have been smiling when he saw it. Its a real humerous image you used as well great words.
Have a great day.
Yvonne xx

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Haooy Birthday to your honey. This is a fantastic card. Kraft always turns a card into a masculine one. Your designer paper is awesome and so is the work with the sketch. Hugs Aimes--Bethie.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a fun card! So glad you could join me for Mojo Monday.

KT Fit Kitty said...

This is so cute and fun! Love the vintage image and funny sentiment! I bet he loved the card!

Donna Ellis said...

What a fantastic card with lots of humor, Aimeslee! I love the humor you've incorporated in this fabulous creation! hugs, de

Susan Renshaw said...

Really made me smile! And I love the vintage feel...
Thank you for sharing with Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge!
Susan
DT for Patterned Paper Challenge
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Irena Stefanova said...

Beautiful card with a fun quote, thanks for sharing at MixItUp Challenge blog this month!
Irena MixItUp DT

Redanne said...

Your card is fabulous! I just love the image of those ladies, it really did make me smile and the quote is wonderful! Thanks so much for joining in with us at A Vintage Journey! Anne xx

ionabunny said...

Ha ha Gorgeous. Love the neutral colours and the fun sentiments you used with this very cool stamp. Thanks for joining the fun at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity Challenge. Hugz